Login

russian armor

What should I buy after 3MG + 3 Panzergren?

13 Nov 2015, 08:07 AM

Title says it all, what should I buy after I (assuming that I have a perfect early game with medium or little loss) done with that build, and what should I do if I failed to protect MG with each other?

I often struggle after Allies finish their nades research (USF) or Soviet Oorah! flanking with molotov, or UKF and their mortar emplacement (and I did re-locate my MG but they melted too fast if my enemies put their squad together and hunt my MG team down).

On that note, what bulletins should I use for that build (I already put 1x 3% acc for Panzergren, 1x 4% for MG42 RoF, and 1x 4% pen for Pak40).

I'm listening to all recommended (except l2p), thanks guy!
13 Nov 2015, 08:12 AM
Donator 11

Are you sure you want to go with such build? This build will both most probably hand your opponent mg and bleed your manpower significantly. Only place when it may work is La Gleize. At least mix some ostruppen first so you have a meatshield for your MGs and pgrens.

Btw. Which gamemode are we talking?
13 Nov 2015, 08:14 AM

Oh right, forgot to say the game mode.

It's 2v2.
13 Nov 2015, 08:25 AM
Donator 11

In 2v2 your best bet in case of infantry are grens, ostruppen and snipers. Ofc you can mix a mortar, 1 or 2 mgs and/or one pgren squad in but you need a strong core. What you do next is mostly commander dependand, you will for sure need some paks, and that will be all in terms of composition if you are cas. With other doctrines you can have command p4 or wait for tiger. If you are advantaged after early game you go t3 and build p4 possibly also stug if against brits. If you need pzwerfer to crack defences or panther against heavies you can also go t4. Still the most important thing is to rebuild grens and snipers if you happen to suffer wipes.
13 Nov 2015, 08:35 AM

I don't have cas so.. yeah

Also I tried to mix some grens in there but they're like... okay-ish because they got wiped kinda fast even when they're vet 3 (and at this point I'm usually lost all or more than 1 MG42)
13 Nov 2015, 08:37 AM
Donator 11

Can you list commanders you have? Would be good if you marked which ones you like to use and which ones are in your current loadout.
13 Nov 2015, 08:57 AM

oh... sure (those with * are my currently loadout and ** what I liked tho I don't want to use or rather, fail horribly when using it)
**: Mobile Defense, Encirclement, Jaeger Armor, Mechanized Assault
*: Ostruppen, Spearhead, Lighting War
none *: Joint Operation, Elite Troops (I cant control my Tiger Ace)
the rest is non-paywall commanders
13 Nov 2015, 09:15 AM
Donator 11

The choice of ostruppen spearhead and lightning war seems resonable but unless your team mate is going to cover you should build t3. If he will carry you through mid game you can also go straight to tiger or T4. These commanders also work well with infantry heavy builds I wrote about before.

I would also recommend trying mobile defence once again. You dont have to build pumas unless you really need them, but command p4 and ostruppen callin are great tools in that commander, especially against usf. This doctrine also doesnt make you tech t3 early on. You can choose if you want t3 or t4 more easily.
13 Nov 2015, 09:27 AM

If you want to skip T1 it is good but go 2xmg pio 1xmg then go tech up for t2. After t2 rush for scout car(vs usf mainly) and then pg pg pak pg pak pg.

if you doing good build some cache for fuel and hold until t4 and rush panzerwerfer or panther. -> depence but I had some great games with pzwf.

I feel that this tactic works with usf the best or if soviets go for heavy t2 and you can build halftrack and transport your pg close to mg :D and rape them.

also scout car is great for vision so put it near mgs and watch how blober will cry.

Cover your mgs with other mg.
Go with pgs in pair.

pgs medium range so if you see some shocks stop and wait for them to close distance.(preferebly in green cover) if you see long range try to go medium range.

In past my favourite doctrines :
Elefant with scope -> great. Scope on scout car is the best.
Elefant with command p4 -> great especially with pgs.
Scope with command p4 -> great. Scope is great and you can build pak walls. Smoke bombs are great ... is there pak wall smoke that shit. Is your tank in trouble because of mine smoke your tank. Your teammate needs vision call smoke in line where you need vision and you have it! You don't know where to barage panzerwerfers ? smoke for vision.
Artilery in this doctrine is great as well but i wouldn't build more then two ever.

Anyway I like more something like 3grens 2mgs 2pg 2paks command p4 elefant, panther, panzerwerfer.

You have a lot of manpower go cache.

If you go your build plant some early mines.

Medic bunker is the must for pgs.

Flame halftruck is great for clearing houses.

Oh and pio vision is great go with pio in front and back up with mgs push as hard as you can.
pio is weak but has okey dps :)

13 Nov 2015, 16:30 PM

@ferwiner: yeah sure I will try it again sometimes later.

The reason why I didn't use that doctrine because I was stuck on after Puma (or sometimes Ostruppen reserves) unlocked. After that I really had no idea what to build/what to get.

@Daniel: ....What doctrine is that? (my guess is Jaeger Armor but I'm not really sure)

Thanks guys for you advice, I will try it later :D
15 Nov 2015, 19:54 PM

Do not build grenadiers.This is what i do.

2 mg42.Then 1 Pio.Tech asap.(optional 3rd mg)

222 car,3 pzgrens,1 pak.

Tech up - 2 x stugs.

Tiger.

Key thing toremember si u have no munition use at all,so spam tellers all game.

Doctrine spearhead or mechanzied assault.In mechanzied assault instead of getting 3mgs u can get 2 mgs and 1 assgren.

Osttruppen,mg42 into pzgrens is also a good strategy but u lack lategame armor.So must tech to T4.
17 Nov 2015, 02:55 AM

Mortar is always a good unit to have. Good manpower bleed and smoke is useful for protecting your units and vehicles.

Halftrack is good, especially with a riegal mine doctrine. Excellent AT mine, most people don't expect it.

Scout car is good but if you get good with teller mines you don't need it to counter m20/AA HT/t70/AEC.

Ostwind with hulldown is insanely strong and can lock down areas of the map like a panzer command or a bofors, but can relocate if need be. The bonus damage is very useful.

Stugs are great and cheap AT and do decent vs infantry with the mg upgrade.

Remember to use your abilities! Incendiary rounds after you get the initial suppression burst is very important to maximize your mg42. (Or preemptively toggle it on if you scout your opponent) Do regular recon runs so you can reposition your MG42's to maximum effect. Don't afk them in buildings or any of that nonsense.

I don't recommend panzerschrecks as long as you have good AT presence through mines + stugs (and maybe a pak40).

Teching up for a panzerwerfer or a brummbar make for good late game choices, if you don't want a doctrinal heavy tank. Most players like to get out a Tiger though. A Panther isn't bad if they're pumping out medium tanks, although if you play your cards right you don't need more AT.

The key is to make yourself an immovable wall. Use mines to protect your flanks and layer your defenses so your opponent is always under the gun.

17 Nov 2015, 19:37 PM

Diagree with some of the above.Mortar is very ordinary unit after nerf.Use only in some maps with buildings/siege type.Force you to build t1.Better off investing in snipers or mg42-pzgren/osttruppen.

Halftrack IS good,especially with riegel.
Scout car is must if u skip t1.
Ostwind is out and out shit,gimmick like hulldown doesn't change that.
Stug is good and worth building.
Agree in pzshrecks are rsiky investment often not worth it.
Teching up for pzwerfer/brumbarr -almost impossible in 1 vs 1,only possible in larger games.Brumbarr is shit.Better stall for tiger.
17 Nov 2015, 19:59 PM

@Scalleta

what I was referring to was scope+elefant -> Jaeger Armor Doctrine
command p4 + elefant ->Fortified Armor Doctrine
scope + artilery -> Mechanised

all of them are great

other my favorite doctrines are Festung Armour but relay heavy on mp because pak43 is too much manpower
Blitzkrieg is great too because:
->2CP Panzer Tactician - smoke for all tanks :)
->4CP Tactical Movement - upgrade two squads of pg and active this ability to hunt tanks :D (you out run tanks pretty sweet)
->4CP Reconnaissance Overflight - some info is always handy or to know where to barrage
->8CP Command Tank - great tank but I would go him after my first panther or stug
->12CP Stuka Close Air Aupport -> RNG planes always good :D kill everything in area
18 Nov 2015, 01:56 AM

Diagree with some of the above.Mortar is very ordinary unit after nerf.Use only in some maps with buildings/siege type.Force you to build t1.Better off investing in snipers or mg42-pzgren/osttruppen.

Halftrack IS good,especially with riegel.
Scout car is must if u skip t1.
Ostwind is out and out shit,gimmick like hulldown doesn't change that.
Stug is good and worth building.
Agree in pzshrecks are rsiky investment often not worth it.
Teching up for pzwerfer/brumbarr -almost impossible in 1 vs 1,only possible in larger games.Brumbarr is shit.Better stall for tiger.

Mortar is really solid, and I love using smoke so I almost always get it.

I get by without scout car simply by getting a mine or two positioned well. Sometimes I have to panic build a scout car, but I don't build it preemptively if I don't have to. (Would rather have a halftrack)

Ostwind is far from bad, it puts a lot of pressure on your opponent. I wouldn't get one every game but in the right situation I'd rather get an earlier ostwind than wait for PzIV.

I don't use any doctrines with Tiger so *shrug*. After a point I like to try and get t4 up but usually I'm in a winning position at that point. Tiger is probably the better choice, but I like to play with the core army first and foremost.

18 Nov 2015, 06:13 AM

So I tried to reduce my MG build at early and put in some Grens and Ostruppen (not feeling brave to try A$$gren)

At first it was hard since I needed to cover more territory that 3 MGs can cover, but after some matches I could control it okay-ish.

I tried the mortar (both the HT and the T1 building, but no smoke because I didn't remember it exist) and it kill the blobs faster than I had expected (maybe because the MG pinned them? lol).

And about doctrine choosing, I guess I will stick with Spearhead/Osturppen for a while (at least before Lelic release the new patch) and try with the bot for practicing with Mechanized/Mobile Defense
20 Nov 2015, 09:47 AM

I agree with the fact that Mortar is still very good.

Personally my typical T1 build is 3(or 4) grens, 1 MG,1 Mortar. It's quite heavy but alltogether it's really doing great.

About the Ostwind as the Stug E, I think this unit is completely unworthy now. It definitely need a buff against infantry. I would never recommand it : Stug or PIV are doing much better. The command tank is doing great as well against inf and his defensive bonus is really good.
20 Nov 2015, 17:20 PM

So I tried to reduce my MG build at early and put in some Grens and Ostruppen (not feeling brave to try A$$gren)

At first it was hard since I needed to cover more territory that 3 MGs can cover, but after some matches I could control it okay-ish.

I tried the mortar (both the HT and the T1 building, but no smoke because I didn't remember it exist) and it kill the blobs faster than I had expected (maybe because the MG pinned them? lol).

And about doctrine choosing, I guess I will stick with Spearhead/Osturppen for a while (at least before Lelic release the new patch) and try with the bot for practicing with Mechanized/Mobile Defense

im getting a mortar almost every game in 2v2 and 80% of the game it reaches vet 3. if you constantly micro it (use control group and permant attack move) its a beast
20 Nov 2015, 19:48 PM

im getting a mortar almost every game in 2v2 and 80% of the game it reaches vet 3. if you constantly micro it (use control group and permant attack move) its a beast

So when should I get my mortar? After 3 MG and done with T2 research?
20 Nov 2015, 19:53 PM

I tried this build 3 mg 2 mortart tech up and freestyle
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 43
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %