Login

russian armor

Churchill teller mine bug

5 Nov 2015, 20:43 PM

Hello!

Churchill tanks sometimes drive over teller mines without taking damage. I succeeded in reproducing this bug on one specific spot in Moscow Outskirts.

All tests below are done in the CheatCommands mod.

First video showcases the bug. Churchill Crocodile drives over a teller mine, which explodes without doing damage.

This happens almost every time when the tank approaches from that direction. If it approaches from an other direction, the teller deals damage. I don't know the cause of this. Maybe because of the map geometry or tank speed or something?
Video:

This bug affects all Churchill variants:

Other tanks seem to take damage normally. For example, a Comet:

This bug can happen when the mine is in other places, but I could not reproduce it regularly in other places (on a road, for example).

The bug also affects some other mines:
  • M6 mines places by M20 operate exactly like teller mines.
  • Sturmpioneer mines usually don't do damage
  • Soviet mines work correctly

I can provide video of these if anyone wants it.

Steps for reproducing:
1. Place a teller or M6 mine on the spot indicated by the first video.
2. Drive a Churchill (any variant) over it from the direction indicated by the first video.
3. The mine should explode without dealing damage.

Could someone try to reproduce this to confirm my results? There are probably other places where mines are bugged, but I don't know any.

Thanks for reading! I can provide more info if anyone is interested.

(I know there is another Churchill mine thread, but I thought this deserves its own topic).
5 Nov 2015, 21:01 PM

Yup, this is a known bug. Thank for the documenting it in details. I've also had this bug on Ettlebruck when a Centaur ran over a teller and received no damage.
5 Nov 2015, 21:14 PM

ESL comfirmed like always, this game will nerver get into it. I sayed pre brit release that this will ruin the game again for at least 1 year and what is happen? countless bugs and imbalance :facepalm:
5 Nov 2015, 21:18 PM
Patrion 14

Nothing new, I've seen my m10s run over a tellar and take no engine damage at all. This also happened in the symbiosis vs sprice G3 for OCF with prices M10's as well.
5 Nov 2015, 21:35 PM

This happens often, I thought it was working as intended. :snfPeter:
Only Relic postRelic 5 Nov 2015, 23:29 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Thanks for the Videos, Entered an Issue into our database. It's possible there is a problem is with the collision on the Mines (My Guess)
6 Nov 2015, 01:44 AM
Donator 33

Just give Tellermines 10 AOE, Problem Solved, even COH 1 Tellers instanly killed any infantry standing around them.

( There was this legendary replay on COH 1, where a PE player placed 2 Tellers close to eachother, then waited for the Allied player to bring his blob of infantry on top of them (in 1vs1), then he threw a AT grenade on the Tellermine and managed to wipe 5 squads, and the opponent ragequited :))
6 Nov 2015, 05:37 AM

happens from time to time with a variety of vehicles, iv seen a centar and a t34/85 do the same...
6 Nov 2015, 06:51 AM

Thanks for the Videos, Entered an Issue into our database. It's possible there is a problem is with the collision on the Mines (My Guess)

Happy to help. I hope this is even a little help in fixing this bug. :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★