Login

russian armor

Counter PzIV rush with what?

25 Jun 2013, 14:41 PM

Go for engine criticals with AT Nades, then try to finish them off with flanking shots from the ZIS.

More importantly though, you need to see it coming and be preparing some mobile AT. If at the 10-minute mark, you haven't seen any fuel spent by the Germans, there's a good chance you'll be seeing some PIV's in the near future. When this happens, the default is to skip my second T-34 and build T4 for an SU-85. Unless I've gone with the Shock Rifle commander, in which case I'll wait until I have enough fuel for the IS-2 instead of building T4.

25 Jun 2013, 15:30 PM

Wasnt complaining about them having two Ostwinds, just that how powerful they are against inf and armor alike.

I thought germans need less fuel to get to t3 building, and they dont need to buy nades for conscripts either
25 Jun 2013, 17:21 PM

What are you new, kid?

Just do what every other lame soviet player does ad nauseum - Scout Cars (like 2-5) + flamers and call in infantry. Rush base. Game over in 5 minutes.

Also, 4-5 Maxim MGs - Elite Call in infantry - T34

How hard is that?

25 Jun 2013, 17:34 PM

Go guard motor and spam mark vehicle on it. But isn't really that hard to kill them without since AT guns vet up so quickly and whenever they get low on health you just merge a conscript to keep it on the field without ever needed to return it to base for healing and reinforce. And a SU85 costs about the same amount of fuel to get as a P4 (T4 building isn't any more expensive than T3) and Russians should have more fuel anyway.
26 Jun 2013, 12:50 PM

One of the things i dont like in COH2 while playing soviets is the dependance on the commander to be able to bring to the field AT infantry or AI infantry.

I have been trying the new commanders to test them and i kind of liked the one with 2 t34-85 and is2 in the end, but if you are unlucky enough not to cap as much territory to tech fast, or being unable to prevent axis own tech your already screwed no matter what you do (at least playing against an opponent with equivalent skill).

Imagine you pick a commander that have no guards or shock troops, you are kind of handicaped because conscripts are no match to axis infantry (unless picking doctrine with ppsh).

I would prefer removing elite infantry from call-ins and put them in buildings, like guards on t3 and shock troops on t4 (or the reverse), of course with respective balances and tweaks.

I´m not trolling or anything, i just love COH1 and COH2 but it feels to me that COH1 is more fluid and dynamic, despite 6 years have passed. The new commander thing itself i thinks is a step backwards comparing to the doctrine in vCOH that brought more possibilities and strategic decisions.

Hugz
26 Jun 2013, 17:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2013, 12:50 PMMantley

Imagine you pick a commander that have no guards or shock troops, you are kind of handicaped because conscripts are no match to axis infantry (unless picking doctrine with ppsh).

You can still build Penal Battalions, or go Maxims, or clown car flamers, or fuel depot up and get your vehicle tech out quicker. Nobody's saying that you have to have infantry that can face the German ones to win.

Also, I don't quite understand why people are still complaining about the lack of Soviet AT.

If you're equal or ahead on fuel, I think we've already proven that you have excellent options available to you (SU85 or T34).

If you're behind on fuel, get Guards, mines, AT grenades and/or the ZiS field gun which is not only good against armor but also decent against infantry too. True, none of those options are an instant "I WIN" against P4s or Ostwinds and require you to combine them to get kills, but if you're behind on fuel then you expect to play at some disadvantage, no?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★