Login

russian armor

[1v1]Help! Having trouble vs UKF emplacements (mortars)

4 Nov 2015, 09:17 AM

I am playing 1 vs 1 with a friend of mine , he only plays UKF and I am stuck with the Germans (i usually use WM) , all the games go a little something like this, I usually take lead in the first minutes winning any encounters (witout squad wipes though) , he builds the mortar emplacement and guards it with ATs and infantry (+sniper sometimes).

I try to react by building mortar half tracks (spearhead doctrine) , 2 because one is not enough since he has engineers repairing the damn thing. I manage to destroy it once usually at a cost since he is looking for the halftracks but he just mans it again and repairs it.

At that time the tide is turning , mortar emplacement covers almost half the map (in some maps almost all of the map) and he is winning terittory , my involvement with his mortars takes too much of my time and I am back on fuel , so his tanks start coming in. I then feel i have to pick a fight by going all for nothing which ends up him defending in good terms behind At's and Mortar and me loosing the match right there.

Any type of artillery attack comes way too late to be effective and I never manage to get a tiger out.

Keep in mind that we are about the same level/skill (82 me - 95him) , if he doesnt use the emplacement he will loose 95% of the time , if he uses it he will win 95% of the time.

Any suggestion to turn the tide? Any other commander/strategies I should be using? I would appreciate any help/tips!
4 Nov 2015, 16:56 PM

Use mortar halftrack's incendiary barrage. 1 is enough to kill most emplacements. You shouldn't need to build 2.

Keeping user attack ground and barrages and eventually all will die. Send you units to clean up and and clear out whats left.
5 Nov 2015, 09:28 AM

Double Mortar HT is only useful if your opponent is making a lot of emplacements, but if you still choose to go for double mortar ht you should fire barrage the emplacement -> if he braces, wait for it to end and then put another fire barrage on it, this kills the emplacements with 98% success rate
5 Nov 2015, 09:45 AM

thank you both for the replies, that is basically what I do now , but that sets me back in the fuel run, I was kind of hoping for a strategy that doesnt involve mortar half tracks
5 Nov 2015, 14:25 PM

Mortar HT is only good if UKF does not have royal engineer, better to invest 105mm Howitzer and try to use sniper, with the flame nerf Mortar HT is not all that useful.

I play UK, the guy spams like 4 Mortar HT and he still can't kill Mortar Pit, too much of it and your tech is seriously delayed.
Note for UKF: if Axis is seriously committed to arty war, dual Mortar Pit beats everything, especially with Command Vehicle free Recon. (1 Mortar Pit takes 8 popcap, same as IS, less than Sniper 9 popcap).
5 Nov 2015, 14:53 PM

also if the mortar pits get left undefended for a split second, small arms fire can bring them down pretty quick (if they brace you can use an off map or unit arty right after which should guarantee you get it)
5 Nov 2015, 14:59 PM
5 Nov 2015, 15:41 PM

Use doctrines' with mortarhalftrack .
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1
United States 20

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L