Login

russian armor

EU Migrant crisis

• This thread is locked
31 Oct 2015, 17:41 PM

How do other Europeans feel about this? German officials say they expect another 800,000 refugees by the end of the year (but numbers on current levels are expected to rise higher than that).

31 Oct 2015, 17:44 PM

It's all going to be fine, trust me :snfPeter:

:snfPeter:
31 Oct 2015, 17:45 PM
Donator 33

I feel that a site for a game I play to escape political, religious and potentially prejudice discussions is not the place for this. That's how I feel. Mods?
31 Oct 2015, 18:00 PM
Patrion 14

I feel that a site for a game I play to escape political, religious and potentially prejudice discussions is not the place for this. That's how I feel. Mods?

this.

I like political discussion, but even for scrapyard, i don't think this the place for it.
31 Oct 2015, 18:07 PM

Wrong forums for this kind of shit. Lock please
31 Oct 2015, 18:21 PM

Permanently Banned
Will be the downfall of the EU. Give or take 5 years, it will be war.
31 Oct 2015, 18:33 PM

No place for this here
Hat
6 Nov 2015, 02:29 AM

The way Germany, Sweden and other developed countries are handling this is insane. 800,000 a year is way to much and will just burden the lower classes of Germany.

In the Netherlands and Sweden you have villages of 100 people taking on 800 refugees and refugees in slavic countries are burning the supplies given them so that they can get a fast-track to the west.

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 18:33 PMShanka
No place for this here

Isn't the scrap yard for pretty much anything?

6 Nov 2015, 03:09 AM

Dis gon b Gud.

Ill give my two cents from a Canadian perspective.

We have countries that are essentially homogeneous in their culture and have faced truly existential crises less than a century ago (World Wars), now being forced to jeopardize what they bled for. Take Poland for example, its a nation with a history of being on the brink of elimination, as recent as WW2. Something like 95% ethnic homogeneity.

Just because where I live has embraced multiculturalism, and it has worked to a large extent when looking at people like Harjit Sajjan (an Indian immigrant who is now the Canadian Minister of National Defense after serving a decade and a half in the police, and 25 years in the Army), doesn't mean that these European nations should follow suit. Canada as a nation is so young that even the Canadian "identity" has never really been as strong, or even valid, as that of most European nations, which is why the cultural mosaic has worked here for the most part. "White Man's Canada" lasted for a few centuries tops (and consisted of French and English immigrants, not just one ethnicity), and Western Canada is what it is today on the backs of Asian immigrants (see, CPR.)

I'm no expert on Polish history, but I'd wager that Poland as a cultural and ethnic identity is a MUCH stronger sentiment than what Canadian or American national identities are. As such, forcing countries like Poland into accommodating peoples that don't fit their culture isn't exactly a good thing. European countries spent hundreds of years fighting crusades and wars against Muslim countries, its not a huge surprise that many of them aren't receptive to Muslim migrants.

Call it what you want, but I definitely won't think less of European nations that take the needs of their people over those of migrants. Forcible integration doesn't work, and multi-culturalism has its own issues (see, France, Southall in the UK, etc.). IMO, just because Canada has been successful with it, and to an extent the US, doesn't mean that the same model works in largely ethnically homogeneous nations.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★