Login

russian armor

Feuersturm Commander First Impressions

17 Nov 2015, 12:32 PM

If only they would replace that stupid manpower replacement ability with the nebelwefer for MP cost.

That would be nice....
18 Nov 2015, 08:06 AM

Boring, very boring.

It feels uninspired to say the least, especially recoup losses.

Unless a faction redesign is really in the works *fingers crossed* where okw becomes starved for manpower rather than having an overabundance and being starved for fuel it feels worthless. I never lack manpower as OKW, on the otherhand, I do constantly lack munitions.

I wish they'd given us something that allowed for a viable tactic other than schreck blob supported by PIV and PWerfer.
18 Nov 2015, 18:26 PM

The bad news is that this is probably all you will get for OKW.
While its confirmed that USF get 2 additional new commanders

After 1 1/2 years of waiting for new OKW content I'm more than just disappointed.

Where are u getting this info if you don't mind me asking?
19 Nov 2015, 22:53 PM

So I had a quick game with it the other night 3v3, I actually don't mind it.... I'm not very good at OKW.. i've played maybe 4 times with that faction, but I felt like its a very map dependent doc. I played on ettlebeck station? (the small 3v3 map) the flame upgrade for Sturmpioneer squads made them very formidable and three of these on this small map made up the back bone of my inf. backed up with 2 Obersoldaten and a stolen mg and that's all the inf I built.

The hertzer was underwhelming... while it's true it under performed it did a good job of scaring off enemy weapons teams or base inf. it was also really useful on this map to bait enemy units (anti-tank/tanks) down the narrow streets into my Raketenwerfer or a team mates PAK.

the other abilities are much as describes, didnt use recoup loses... didnt even think about it, my sturms either won their fire fights with minimal loss or I retreated from the rifle blobs for fear of a flamer drop and let the hetzer cover their retreat.

the barrage drop i used once on a blob which retreated to his base, didnt get many kills, but the enemy microed away quite well.

Not a doc I'd use 1v1 even if i got much much better at OKW play.... will probably only play it 3v3 or maybe 2v2 depending on the map.
With some tweaks this doc would be very good, however i could see it being very overpowered on urban maps if not tweaked right.

7/10 fun rating for me though.
5/10 for abilities/effectiveness

Cheers.
Glasnost
22 Nov 2015, 17:56 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Has anyone had success with the 80 muni recoup losses ability?
7 Dec 2015, 16:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2015, 17:56 PMwouren
Has anyone had success with the 80 muni recoup losses ability?

Not that much, i feel more munition starved with this commander because of the flamer upgrade and the barrage. Spending 80mun for extra MP goes second plan.

Kozo.
9 Dec 2015, 16:25 PM

Avoid this commander unless you really need super extra building clearing abilities.
10 Dec 2015, 22:46 PM

2 flame pio's 1, 6
3 v-shreck's 2,3,4
raketnwerfer 5
puma, 7
2 jpf's 8,9

shoot at it please..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W