Login

russian armor

3D mouse integration

24 Oct 2015, 15:11 PM
Patrion 14

Hi!

I wrote a tool to integrate a 3D mouse into CoH2. I usually use the mouse as engineering tool within CAD applications but thought it could also be useful in CoH2.
What you can see here is live and not driven by any scar-scripting.
https://youtu.be/zxh4BHGAXrE
In this case it is a SpaceNavigator from 3dconnexion. The use of joysticks or gamepads would also be possible.

From my first experience, the handling is nice. For live-castings or moviemaking this could be a cool way to navigate through the map, for playing it's maybe more confusing than a help.

It's possible to turn off camera roation and tilting and just use it for X/Y movement as well.

If you need more information, feel free to ask.
The state of the tool is early alpha, I just wanted to give you a short look into what its features are for now.

-Spiff

24 Oct 2015, 17:15 PM

Ami's favorite.
Good job tho, looks neat. Kinda got impression that you'll need some "training" to do this right, and flawless.
24 Oct 2015, 17:25 PM

I think this tool is awesome for casters.. It makes the action looks like cinematic
24 Oct 2015, 18:48 PM

wow great Job dude. very good! :faint:
20 Feb 2016, 14:58 PM

hi i just got a 3d connexion and wonderd if you had finished this? and if you would be willing to show me how to work it in COH2? Thanks for your time.
22 Mar 2016, 09:53 AM
Patrion 14

Hi,

I changed the code to make it work with a F710 gamepad by Logitech (don't know if it's compatible to the XBOX-gamepads) only for now. I could make a small menue on what unit to use but I need to have some code changes there.
I could give you a small test version though.

The main problem is that it will not work any more after a patch is applied to the game. It will have to be updated. I am not sure how fast I could support this but if you want to try it I'd be happy.

My experience of the use of this tool is: it's good for casting. For playing it needs a 3rd hand because I am using the left hand with the grid keys mainly.

Spiff.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS