Login

russian armor

Watching SCC final game 1, what can counter 2x sniper

13 Oct 2015, 18:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2015, 17:58 PMluvnest

Actually I kinda wanna disagree. I tried T1 with a sniper to countersnipe devm's sniper in OCF. The Soviet sniper team is extremely clumsy. The moment it steps out of cover it decloaks meanwhile its Ostheer counterpart can walk from one side of the map to another while beeing camouflaged. This means that the Soviet sniper is only able to countersnipe once you pushed your opponent back and set up an ambush. Which is rarely happening since you are short on infantry (maybe 2,3 cons against MG42, 3 Grens, Sniper) and give up a lot of early map control which you would have with a 3 Con T2 opening. Plus the danger of a 222 forces you to either pick a doctrine for guards or T2 for AT gun. If you just go AT nades you will be pushed back eventually.

I really wish that Soviet sniper was just one guy with decent camouflage for manouvering. Plus the spotter is super awkward since he shoots sometimes by himself, revealing the other sniper too.

Yeah, all snipers should be 1 man and 82 hp models.
13 Oct 2015, 18:03 PM

Bigest problem is that sniper stun. Its worse than old sprint , becuase sprint at least doesnt stunned shocks that flanked you behind or killed unit that was retreating
13 Oct 2015, 18:12 PM
Donator 11

Actually I kinda wanna disagree. I tried T1 with a sniper to countersnipe devm's sniper in OCF. The Soviet sniper team is extremely clumsy. The moment it steps out of cover it decloaks meanwhile its Ostheer counterpart can walk from one side of the map to another while beeing camouflaged. This means that the Soviet sniper is only able to countersnipe once you pushed your opponent back and set up an ambush. Which is rarely happening since you are short on infantry (maybe 2,3 cons against MG42, 3 Grens, Sniper) and give up a lot of early map control which you would have with a 3 Con T2 opening. Plus the danger of a 222 forces you to either pick a doctrine for guards or T2 for AT gun. If you just go AT nades you will be pushed back eventually.

I really wish that Soviet sniper was just one guy with decent camouflage for manouvering. Plus the spotter is super awkward since he shoots sometimes by himself, revealing the other sniper too. Good players can deal with Soviet sniper quite well to be honest.

Soviet sniper is for sure sth to change but making them a copy-paste of ost one is not a good solution. Maybe it should get some other unique ability and better camo with rest staying as is? Or maybe it should get its sprint back but with some nerfs to it? There is also posibility divide sniper squad into 2 separate units: sniper with long firing range but short sight range and spotter with no offensive capabilities but huge sight range. Even a stupid penal buff can make it more viable as right now you often build a whole tier just for the sniper.
13 Oct 2015, 18:48 PM

I really wish that Soviet sniper was just one guy with decent camouflage for manouvering. Plus the spotter is super awkward since he shoots sometimes by himself, revealing the other sniper too. Good players can deal with Soviet sniper quite well to be honest.

great points....someone correct me if I am wrong, but i didn't see more than 2 soviet sniper squads built all SCC. In theory, teh squad system would provide historical flavor and asymmetric balance but it fails right now due to those points mentioned. Also, bc of low hp I have had the few snipers I built all die to mortar/ISG laser fire in team games but I can keep my UKF sniper alive so long as shot doesn't hit right on him. I noticed that my own mortar fire can't wipe the Ostheer sniper even with a direct hit. SU snipers should be more survivable but have slightly lower ROF...right now they aren't even more survivable plus no awesome vet 1 anymore.
13 Oct 2015, 18:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2015, 18:00 PMBurts

Yeah, all snipers should be 1 man and 82 hp models.

that would be easy to balance but so boring...historically the SU used 2 person teams so why not use that as a base to design a solid unit, more survivable but slightly less lethal with a nice ability at Vet 1 and then tone down the frangible grenade for Ost sniper which stops flanks in their tracks and can be spammed with dual snipers for insane flank defense.
13 Oct 2015, 18:55 PM

Sniper Warfare has gotten out of hand. It will be resolved soon. :snfPeter:
13 Oct 2015, 19:01 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2015, 18:55 PMVonIvan
Sniper Warfare has gotten out of hand. It will be resolved soon. :snfPeter:

How so?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W