Login

russian armor

Team games gameplay in worst state since launch

PAGES (7)down
5 Oct 2015, 18:07 PM

ISGS GOT TO GO. Honestly, I have been noticing people spam 2-3 ISGs and camp for King Tigers and armor. The only way to deal with these things is to build Kat, but that forces you to play Soviets.

Centaur wipes things way too quickly without the need to react.
6 Oct 2015, 02:56 AM

More and more people are going OKW and doing ISG spam. 2 OKW players = 4 ISGs, and they camp their med trucks together in a central location so they nearly just own the map in the HUGE launching radius that the ISG has.

Played yet another game where this happened. In fact, managed to completely flank the 4 ISGs with 2 rifles squads loaded up with BARs and 1919s. As the ISGs retreated, I could only kill ONE because that gay armor factor they get. Meanwhile, one OKW squad rapes my howies by sneezing on it.

Team games are just becoming crap camp-fests versus Axis now as the ISG abuse is spreading.
6 Oct 2015, 08:23 AM

More and more people are going OKW and doing ISG spam. 2 OKW players = 4 ISGs, and they camp their med trucks together in a central location so they nearly just own the map in the HUGE launching radius that the ISG has.

Played yet another game where this happened. In fact, managed to completely flank the 4 ISGs with 2 rifles squads loaded up with BARs and 1919s. As the ISGs retreated, I could only kill ONE because that gay armor factor they get. Meanwhile, one OKW squad rapes my howies by sneezing on it.

Team games are just becoming crap camp-fests versus Axis now as the ISG abuse is spreading.

The ISG abuse exists only because it's the only viable tactic these days otherwise your loss is almost certain, as OKW. Basically, after latest patch, I started with ISGs thing and then moved to other build, that involved T3 start (Puma building) and got seriously beaten. So I will return to ISGs 'cause there is nothing else an OKW player can do.

So yes, ISG needs fixing but then OKW must receive some buffs to deal with what allied are now.

I would nerf ISG but then I would:
1. increase AI capabilities of volksgrenadiers by just a bit OR make them less vulnerable. Alternatively I would make HMG34 a stock unit, slightly increase its damage output, raising its price by 20 MP and make kubel doctrinal;
2. slightly increase Puma ROF.

The idea is that OKW must not depend on a doctrine or on a specific build to be able to put a fight against recently buffed allied infantry.
Even the actual state of ISG suggests that in order to build an efficient and OP counter to Allied spam, for OKW is mandatory to start with medic hq.
6 Oct 2015, 08:41 AM

ISG and Pack Howie needs to be either A) Accurate (to a degree) indirect fire that is good at wiping models with no or light suppression or B) Inaccurate (to a degree) indirect fire that has heavier suppression that helps win engagements via suppression when it does hit. Right now they have too much of both accuracy and suppression.

+1
6 Oct 2015, 09:01 AM

i dont unerstand you guys.
really i don't

don't you remember the guards motor only meta about 3 months ago?
uncounterable guards + squadwiping unattackable power mortars.

that was far worse, people seem to forget and complain instead very easily
6 Oct 2015, 09:30 AM

It was relatively easy to flank and kill those 120s (or at least force to retreat), all they were good at is random squad wipes. Not even close to isgs/pack howitzers; which are only portion of current game problems.
6 Oct 2015, 11:56 AM

Is there even gameplay remain for team games?

Infantry and support weapons play, aggressive play in general is killed by isgs/pack howies. Those stupid things suppress/squad wipe with perfect accuracy half way across map. Attacking is impossible in case of OKW thanks to flakHQ, which also impossible to kill with AT guns thanks to ability of isgs to kill those guns in 2 shots.

Harassment is killed by op lol squad wipe mines (yeah, shocking truth, sometimes sweepers needed in main army) and by quad and centaur, later followed by croc and kv8, which wipe squads on retreat like no tomorrow.

Speaking of those stupidly over buffed flame tanks, once enemy got them, axis infantry and support weapons cease to exist. It impossible to keep them alive against those beasts.

Any variations in commander choices is killed by op stuff and urgent need to counter it. I can list all viable and situationally viable commanders for each faction, but you all know which one commander use ami and which one commander use soviets to win serious games. OKW have literally one(!!!) viable build in even games.

So what remain of CoH gameplay? Every game is campfest, because it impossible to do any damage to isgs/pack howies, until map is very big like Vaux. Attacking and harassing is too risky, better to play greedy and just camp one side of the map and turtle from there while dumping all spare mp into caches and indirect fire, which requires so much skill to use. Then all comes down to gathering overwhelming tank force combined of churchills, kv8s, croc, e8s, is2 backed by tds for allies and surviving until elefant/jagdtiger arrival for axis.

So. Much. Fun.

Now you can say some of those things was there forever, but even if they were before, they never were so prevalent and never stacked together.

Relic, pls, do something about it. Game in disastrous state. Its not even a game anymore. Its a campfest and artyparty and same boring stuff every time again without exceptions.

Sorry that your premade cheap tactics no longer work.

Time for you guys to l2p all over again?

Enjoy!
6 Oct 2015, 12:22 PM

Sorry that your premade cheap tactics no longer work.

Time for you guys to l2p all over again?

Enjoy!

If you would have actually read his post you would also have noticed that his complaints are spread over both sides of the battlefield, not just one. If you would have actually followed this thread you would also have noticed that the problems he addresses are agreed upon commonly, affect all game modes since they are bound to specific units and have nothing to do with some special cheese shit he and his mates may pull off in premade games. They affect every player, every map and every mode.

But what to expect of someone called TickTack... Probably related to Clockwork Orange.
6 Oct 2015, 12:26 PM

I love haters :3

Now can we get back to topic?
6 Oct 2015, 14:02 PM

Team games in short: 2x Pack protected by brits flak till cenatur rush while IS2+KV8 wolfpack hitting the last nail on axis coffins gg.

Good thing I don't play multiplayer games anymore
7 Oct 2015, 06:27 AM

Company of Packs/ISGs is getting really boring. Has there been any official word from Relic stating what they plan to do about it? Every game is the same. OKW and US build packs and ISGs. Brits turtle to centaur and eventually croc churchill.

Game play is incredibly stale right now.
7 Oct 2015, 11:42 AM

The introduction of Brits totally ruined team games. No hope unless we get Jagdpanther, flak88 and a cheaper Jagdtiger/elefant.
7 Oct 2015, 11:57 AM

By the way, why no Axis faction has the 88? Relic, we asked for this since COH2 beginning. OKW will make good use of that cannon, I promise :D
7 Oct 2015, 12:00 PM

and sFH18 please
7 Oct 2015, 13:10 PM

Is there a blacklist option somewhere? Need to filter out the obvious malicious boredom posters like the one above me.
7 Oct 2015, 13:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2015, 12:22 PMQbix

If you would have actually read his post you would also have noticed that his complaints are spread over both sides of the battlefield, not just one. If you would have actually followed this thread you would also have noticed that the problems he addresses are agreed upon commonly, affect all game modes since they are bound to specific units and have nothing to do with some special cheese shit he and his mates may pull off in premade games. They affect every player, every map and every mode.

But what to expect of someone called TickTack... Probably related to Clockwork Orange.

Why would I consciously choose to read such obvious drivel? The COH2 forums and this forum are infested with insane arguments put forth as bait by blatant fanboys. The fact that premade-ing has been abused ad nauseum since launch doesn't help. To see a thread lamenting the demise of premade-ing is an absolute joke.

The fact is that every stupid imbalance is augmented in team games and exploited gleefully by those that know about them. Relic is to blame, and they are to blame for the maddening of several coh2 players that now patrol the forums writing DRIVEL for the rest of us to sift through.

So take this drivel and shove it where the sun don't shine, veck; or we'll break out the old ultra-violence, eh?

My sincere wish is that people were restricted to write only about patch notes that Relic releases. That would simplify things around here!
7 Oct 2015, 13:35 PM

Everything has gone to total cheese since fucking UKF got introduced.

Seriously, fuck this.

Game was good when it was Ostheer vs Soviets.
7 Oct 2015, 13:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2015, 13:10 PMQbix
Is there a blacklist option somewhere? Need to filter out the obvious malicious boredom posters like the one above me.
Purify your heart of demonic hatred and spread the scent of friendship, camaraderie and equality, may you rest in peace and upper heavens.
7 Oct 2015, 13:42 PM

The ISG abuse exists only because it's the only viable tactic these days otherwise your loss is almost certain, as OKW. Basically, after latest patch, I started with ISGs thing and then moved to other build, that involved T3 start (Puma building) and got seriously beaten. So I will return to ISGs 'cause there is nothing else an OKW player can do.

So yes, ISG needs fixing but then OKW must receive some buffs to deal with what allied are now.

I would nerf ISG but then I would:
1. increase AI capabilities of volksgrenadiers by just a bit OR make them less vulnerable. Alternatively I would make HMG34 a stock unit, slightly increase its damage output, raising its price by 20 MP and make kubel doctrinal;
2. slightly increase Puma ROF.

The idea is that OKW must not depend on a doctrine or on a specific build to be able to put a fight against recently buffed allied infantry.
Even the actual state of ISG suggests that in order to build an efficient and OP counter to Allied spam, for OKW is mandatory to start with medic hq.

Volks can already one shot any team weapon or emplacement in the game, can get shrecks that snipe infantry and counter vehicles, and the grenade is impossible to predict or dodge unless you are paying very close attention letting other units on the field sit idle or get wiped. I don't think they need any more buffs. I'd like to see relic make other OKW units viable again so we can cut back on the volk blobs supported by ISGs, it is getting really stale.
7 Oct 2015, 14:40 PM

When are we nerfing the incendiary grenades?
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS