Login

russian armor

New hardware issue

30 Sep 2015, 08:09 AM

So I switched yesterday my laptop.

I was using Lenovo Y580 with i3 3110M, 8GB DDR3, GTX 660M, Win 7 and resolution 1440x900

CoH2 was running smoothly on low detalis.

Right now I have Lenovo Y50-70 with i7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, GTX 960M, Win 8.1 (10 on a way) and 1960x1080.

So overall my new hardware is was way better. When I order CoH2 to detect graphs settings for me it's mostly "high" BUT

When I run CoH2, SEGA logo movie is very, very laggy, not to mention that I after COH2 logo I have around 10secs black screen before it appears.

What's more, I did COH test on high setting and lowest, results were mostly the same. Min FPS 3, max 21.
Any idea?
I have newest drivers, I switched in nVidia setting to my GTX as a main and still nothing has changed.

Plus, every time I launch CoH2 I can notification that I could not connect to relic's servers - try again.

Huh??
30 Sep 2015, 08:20 AM
Patrion 15

Does it have any stupid power settings that stop the hardware from using too much power?
30 Sep 2015, 08:34 AM

Does it have any stupid power settings that stop the hardware from using too much power?

Holy crap, yes!!

I did everything but did not think about it (the simplest thing) because on my old Lenovo, Energy Managment was bullshit so no matter what I choose (saving energy/normal/boost) it was same thing during games.

Now I have 25 fps on max - that optimization :foreveralone:

But still it does not solve problem that I have to connect to the servers everytime I launch CoH.
Any ideas why?
30 Sep 2015, 08:53 AM

The "can't connect to server" isn't really an issue, its more to do with your internet connectivity. I'ved had it pop up when I start CoH2 with sh*tty internet connection.

(PH internet connection gets bad during typhoons :()
30 Sep 2015, 08:58 AM

Well, to be honest I'm a bit afraid of my hardware issue with this disconnections, why?

Because when I plugged in my laptop, I could connect to steam, but first few websites were unable to load...

Secondly, when I was downloading CoH2 by steam, I also tried to download drivers for my mouse and twice it stopped during downloading (mouse), while CoH2 on steam had stable speed without any problems.

So here is a question.
Was that just a bad luck with websites and downloads? Or maybe it is something with my network card? It's puzziling me even more because I have to connect to Relic's every time I launch the game.
30 Sep 2015, 14:48 PM

You surely have an hardware issue. Lenovo :snfPeter:
1 Oct 2015, 05:09 AM

You surely have an hardware issue. Lenovo :snfPeter:

Well, I'm using lenovo laptops for 7 yrs and I bet, Lenovo is best option for my wallet :P

Once I even spilled cup of pepsi straight on my laptop's keyboard.
Guess what, it's been 5 yrs and it's still working :thumbsup:

Plus metal cover.

No one will convince me that there is a better option when consider power and quality for about 700-1200$ :P

Sure, you can get cheaper and more powerful, for example, Packard Bell but that plastic everywhere :luvDerp:
1 Oct 2015, 16:28 PM

Have a check in the device manager if there is some powersetting on your network card, that might mess it up a bit.
5 Oct 2015, 16:49 PM
Donator 11

Do you have anti-virus running in the background?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 42
Korea, Republic Of 2
Russian Federation 112
unknown 18

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %