Login

russian armor

XP markers

20 Jun 2013, 23:39 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2013, 23:00 PMShazz

...It's seeing which of my own units are dying. In CoH1 you'd get "pity XP" for your units that died. The XP part isn't important, it was important to be able to very clearly see that a squad is losing guys....

AGREE! +1
21 Jun 2013, 00:28 AM

Permanently Banned

You're completely missing the point... It's about seing the xp of enemy units dying in the fow. In coh1 you knew what enemy unit died that way, and that intell could be worth gold if you saw +19 xp. Right now it's impossible to know what your arty or mines are killing out there.

Whatever, man. As i've said, CoH vets are sensitive about this issue.

I believe I can rationally argue the logical reasons why its better this way,
but responses are not so.

I specifically in my previous post outlined that arty and offscreen xp is the only drawback, yet you specifically brought it up as if i hadnt.

I also specifically said I intended to drop the subject, so please stop addressing me on it.
21 Jun 2013, 11:11 AM

@Nullist
Sorry, but if you come here and say only your reason are rational and ours are only nostalgic and we aren't arguing logigal... you have to accept that people will respond to you. And it gets not better by saying "whatever, man". :D

I thought I brought up rational points why its better to see the xp over enemy units AND what I forgot to mention, to see the "pity" xp over your own dying units.
I agree that it is a Problem that you can't see what your mines killed, but its not my main point.

Maybe you are right, and it is important to know which unit got the kill and we seem to forget here, that in CoH1 after seeing the xp over the enemy we know which unit killed him, because of tracers. That could be a Problem.
This leads to the overall design of the game to give less information, but because they have xp popups in the game, I think they could/would change it.

In my first post I stated some points too (you don't look as much on your own units, its not as important which unit got the kill, and its way more statisfying.)
The only argument I can see from you is that it is better to see which unit got the exp. But why is that better?
21 Jun 2013, 17:59 PM

adding to the fact that they are semi transparent and yellow color which "mixes" with the background

early game i can barely see the XP..late game its just impossible

ALSO THE FUCKING BURNING TREES DONT LET ME SEE ANYTHING
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 25
unknown 20
Russian Federation 99
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W