Login

russian armor

Fix commandos already relic !!

26 Sep 2015, 11:23 AM

450Mp initial cost at the vanguard glider, 40-45 per model reinforce.
Break cloak while winding up the gammon bomb/nade, an increase in detection range while cloaked (+ 25% - 50%) so that its still possible to actively sneak up to an <insert_teamweapon_name_here> position but this cheesy resourcepoint-camping or VP-cap-denial in cover should be a bit harder.
26 Sep 2015, 12:23 PM

to everybody saying increase and let them be broken then why doesn't it applies to axis units especailly okw make obers and fall more expensive but atleast make them the best infy in the game
26 Sep 2015, 15:12 PM

I check stat form tool
I dont understand why Relic set sten smg data Rate of fire 26
but burst duration 0.45-0.65 sec unlike other smg with duration 1-1.5 sec
other smg like Thompson (12) ppsh-41 (6) mp 40 (8)
i think too fast short burst
26 Sep 2015, 18:04 PM

Increasing their cost is a bad idea and would make them pretty unusable. MP bleed is a bit better with Brits new teching but 50 MP reenforce on a MP strapped faction? Might as well remove Commandos from the game as they are already very expensive: its not like you can spam them and their performance reflects their cost.

As for cloaking...the 222s new detection radius helps with countering that. Especially if you know he's using his commandos to camp resource points and can guess where they will be. Simply put if you know there are commandos lurking about you shouldn't be sending lone squads off to shift-click cap.
26 Sep 2015, 19:05 PM

Look if your fighting Commandos, just use recon to spot them and engage them at long range, where they suck.

222, recon overflight, kubel, Halftrack ability, panzerfusilier flares, IR Halftrack, etc. can all spot Commandos.
27 Sep 2015, 14:51 PM

Some of these comments here....

So...Their price reflects their performance you say. Wow, I must say that shocks, obers, falls and pgrens must be horribly overpriced then. By at least 200mp each. At their cheapest, you can buy commandos for 350mp. And while I agree that giving them a 50mp reinforce for an already mp starved faction, might outright kill the unit in usability, they need to be changed. They cost 10 more mp than Pgrens, yet can take 2 squads of pgrens on AT THE SAME TIME without breaking a sweat. On top of that they get sneaky cloak abilities, super aoe grenades(when you look at their aoe profile, they are better than all other nades in the game, while also being cheaper than most "elite" grenades) and their short range dps is much higher than that of the more expensive shocks. Very balanced unit, yeah...

If you retreat a full health gren squad and their retreat path happens to lead them past 1 commando squad, you can kiss those grens goodbye. Happened to me several times.

Hm, yeah, lets look at the proposed counters. Oh right, 222. Shame that in lategame its hard as fuck to keep these things alive unless you babysit them. Cause, you know, unlike the M15 and M5(and the M20 if you upgrade skirts) it can take damage from small arms. So unless I park it somewhere safe, where its not contriburing to the fight and literally just collecting dust and blocking valuable popcap, this doesnt seem like a too great option just to find one specific unit on the map.

Oh yeah, recon. Right. Cause whenever you play against a brit who could potentially have commandos, you waste munitions everytime you wanna go and cap a VP. Especially as OH that seems such a good idea since you dont have lmgs, nades, mines, vehicle upgrades and other things to spend all your munitions on...oh wait.

The kubel has to be a joke, right? I mean sure, its a mobile suppression platform and all that and while its good at suppressing shit it dies fast as fuck if just 1 rifle squad flanks it. Now whats supposed to happen to the kubel if commandos attack it, especially since you have to drive to within 20 range to actually go and spot them...

Fusiliers brings us back to the old "you gotta counter doctrine with doctrine" bs that I thought we were long past. Didnt we all establish an eternity ago that, while certain doctrines makes it easier to deal with certain things, every unit and ability in the game should be counterable by stock units and abilities.

Oh wait, all these things were to SPOT the commandos. Oh silly me. Pardon my rambling.... So, if you need all that effort to spot them, lets say you actually do spot them. What then? Should I play ring around the rosie with them on the map, and just try to run away all game long? Or should I maybe throw 3 pgren squads at them? Wouldnt be very cost effective, would it now. Or maybe suppress them with an mg? awww shit, now I got flanked and they got 2 commandos and my mg. :(

So, whats it gonna be? Tanks? Cause going P4 vs brits sure as fuck is a good way of getting yourself killed these days and stugs are bad vs infantry, while ostwinds are a far cry from the oh so nice centaur and are actually countered by an AEC. Panthers? Not really effective vs infantry, right? Besides, im sure by the time you got panthers youll have your hands full trying to kill that inevitable churchill. Brummbärs? Havent seen those in how long now? Dont know, but long. Very long.

Please, enlighten me. What will I do against the instant melt squad once I detected them? Remember, it has to be cost efficient for me. Since they only cost 350mp at their cheapest, Im rather curious how youd pull that one off...
27 Sep 2015, 18:17 PM

Umm, mortar, sniper, ISG all are good. LMG grens and Obers at range are good too.

Tbh commandos could use slight cost effectiveness decrease, but in total they're fine. How you deal with shocks? Apply similar logic to commandos.
27 Sep 2015, 18:59 PM
Donator 11

snip

Just a heads up. Commandos will easily beat a 222
29 Sep 2015, 13:42 PM

Permanently Banned
Need change, coz units have 500 mp price, but he are to strong better nerf it and change price to 450-400.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★