Login

russian armor

Those stupid leiG spam

• This thread is locked
PAGES (15)down
30 Sep 2015, 17:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 17:53 PMZeaviS
I think they need to look at the AOE profile buff they gave the leig and maybe reduce it a bit, or increase scatter.

They reduced it's AoE profile from 4 to 3.
30 Sep 2015, 19:53 PM

They reduced it's AoE profile from 4 to 3.

Right, but they increased the profile damage from 1 /0.35 / 0.05 to 1/0.5/0.25, so there is less falloff in damage along it's smaller AOE. I think that's why it seems more powerful now than before.
30 Sep 2015, 20:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 19:53 PMZeaviS

Right, but they increased the profile damage from 1 /0.35 / 0.05 to 1/0.5/0.25, so there is less falloff in damage along it's smaller AOE. I think that's why it seems more powerful now than before.

A single infantry unit is about 1 across. The reason why the LeiG is so devastating is that it is very accurate AND does suppression in a large radius (now) so once you get hit it's hard to get back up, meaning if he has a second one and you can't move....

The Pack Howi's AoE also got buffed (in damage fall off at least) while left the LeiG with it doing near damage (1) only out to .75.
30 Sep 2015, 20:35 PM

Its fine. OKW needs this to have at least a slight chance to compete with allies.
So many Allied fanboys around here.

LOL? OKW slight chance? Been playing long?

I haven't been here that long and I'd hardly call this place filled with Allied fanboys. This ISG thing has just highlighted a glaring OKW OP"ness" that it seems nearly everybody agrees upon.
30 Sep 2015, 20:47 PM

Why is everyone just talking about the leig? Both it and the howie need its suppression and accuracy looked at with the intent to improve their role. Their role as a more powerful, longer range mortar, not a sniper/mg grenade.

Because you can't spam the howie...well unless you want to lose the game as US. Even building one is a internal conflict.
30 Sep 2015, 20:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 20:35 PMGhostTX

I haven't been here that long and I'd hardly call this place filled with Allied fanboys. This ISG thing has just highlighted a glaring OKW OP"ness" that it seems nearly everybody agrees upon.

OKW is hardly OP since they nerfed Vet 5 volks and Obers several patches back. Heck, some people would even argue that OKW would be UP without the currently overperforming ISG (I wouldn't go that far personally, but some perspective).

The fact that this thread is still going after 200 posts is probably statement enough about how people feel about the ISG lol
30 Sep 2015, 21:01 PM

A single infantry unit is about 1 across. The reason why the LeiG is so devastating is that it is very accurate AND does suppression in a large radius (now) so once you get hit it's hard to get back up, meaning if he has a second one and you can't move....

The Pack Howi's AoE also got buffed (in damage fall off at least) while left the LeiG with it doing near damage (1) only out to .75.

Right, but my second point was saying, that now at distance 3, the round is doing 20 damage, instead of just 4. So it's also just more damaging in general.

What's wrong with increasing scatter than to make it less accurate?
30 Sep 2015, 21:28 PM

I just want to add my voice to the chorus here calling for an ISG/Pack Howi nerf.

Just lost a 2v2 on Rails to these things. I literally had my guy base pinned, and then the first one came out. 2 of them literally stop any Allied attack before it can begin.

I love that they're good, after so long being useless, but this is just too much.

The combination of massive suppression, AND pinpoint accuracy, AND high damage, AND a MG-level rate of fire just makes these things into a dominant force that can't be countered without tanks or your own ISG/Pack Howitzer.

The worst part of this is, Relic is certainly going to overnerf them, and they'll be useless again. There needs to be a way to keep them good, without having them this batshit insane.
30 Sep 2015, 21:44 PM

My thoughts are they are quite good. But so is the US pack howitzer. If it gets nerfed then OKW will go back to struggling against blobs due to the lack of mgs.
30 Sep 2015, 21:48 PM

My thoughts are they are quite good. But so is the US pack howitzer. If it gets nerfed then OKW will go back to struggling against blobs due to the lack of mgs.

Nah, OKW is able to get vet5 blobs. No worries.
30 Sep 2015, 22:10 PM

the face that the LEIG can camp by a okw t4 structure is the problem. the area gets lock down with no chance of flanking. the pak howie can be flanked however
30 Sep 2015, 22:24 PM

Personally I just find them annoying, but they're hardly invincible. I usually play 2v2 with a friend and we just have a commander or plan to tackle these with return indirect. Katy or ml-20 usually does the trick, you just have the wether the storm till you get there. I'm more bothered about OKW volk hordes being blobbed around, or blobs in general
30 Sep 2015, 23:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 20:35 PMGhostTX

According to http://coh2chart.com USF is the strongest faction atm in 1vs1 & 2vs2.
The only one saying OKW is op is you, but since you never played something besides USF there's no wonder why you spout that.
ISG's & Pack Howis are too good right now, but those are singles units not complete factions.
1 Oct 2015, 00:51 AM

According to http://coh2chart.com USF is the strongest faction atm in 1vs1 & 2vs2.
The only one saying OKW is op is you, but since you never played something besides USF there's no wonder why you spout that.
ISG's & Pack Howis are too good right now, but those are singles units not complete factions.

how can you dare? axis OP allies UP!!
1 Oct 2015, 02:40 AM

Who wants to bet against Relic seeing the ISG and over nerfing it, just like how they have retardly over buffed it?

Relic, when you gonna fix? Are you even aware of the problem with this stupid ass unit?
1 Oct 2015, 02:43 AM
Patrion 14

The reason USF has such a high winrate is because its fairly easy to shutdown the game early if you play your cards right.

Even if a match passes by the early game. They still have a potent midgame that can make people ragequit if they get their vet 3 rifles, m20 3 minute car, m15 360 suppression halftrack, stun stuarts out in the right time.

OKW and Ostheer have to stall the game in order to get proper tools out. Even then with the release of UKF; Their chances of winning late game are grim if they take too much punishment early.

That, and only having 3 commanders to counter whatever 3 factions could potentially choose against you doesn't help your odds of winning either.
1 Oct 2015, 03:00 AM

ISG should lose suppression, Pack Howie should retain it because it costs more. Both should have target tables making them more effective against static weapons.

ISG could use smoke as well.
1 Oct 2015, 07:47 AM

I just want to add my voice to the chorus here calling for an ISG/Pack Howi nerf.

Just lost a 2v2 on Rails to these things. I literally had my guy base pinned, and then the first one came out. 2 of them literally stop any Allied attack before it can begin.

I love that they're good, after so long being useless, but this is just too much.

The combination of massive suppression, AND pinpoint accuracy, AND high damage, AND a MG-level rate of fire just makes these things into a dominant force that can't be countered without tanks or your own ISG/Pack Howitzer.

The worst part of this is, Relic is certainly going to overnerf them, and they'll be useless again. There needs to be a way to keep them good, without having them this batshit insane.

Played a 2v2 on Liernux vs two OKW. They just parked in the town with trucks and rolled out 4 ISGs. Dominated most of the game all camped up in the middle. Worst, with the laser accuracy, they forced fired on the base retreat points, kill the men as they retreated and not move until all models were at the base. Lame as f*ck. We survived that game by capping and holding the surrounding area and VPs, outside the insane range of the ISGs, buying us time. Jacked up game, and we got pummeled hard by the ISG getting near that town. And that's all they had, were the ISGs nearly giving them the game. Camp with ISGs, and play the Axis waiting game until the OP tanks come out. We managed to win, with a late game all hands in push that broke the rear flank and got the King and Panther.

ZOMG!! I only play one side!! The horror!!! All comments I make must be null & void to your multi-side playing prowness!! You are SO awesome. :rolleyes: Puh-leeze.

Man, touch a nerve much? I don't have the want to play Axis, especially since OKW was the most OP side. Don't remember those days? OR do you and that's why most of your games are OKW?

That said, my original quote "This ISG thing has just highlighted a glaring OKW OP"ness"" was directed AT JUST THE ISG being OP, as thread very well indicates, and you agreed in your quote.
Phy
1 Oct 2015, 08:48 AM

Yeah but at the same time the number of games played as US are higher than the number of games played as OST/OKW. That explains why win ratios are higher too -not only balance-. In somehow your statement is: that guy who buys more lottery than me wins more than me. This guy's luck is OP. And this is not actually true...(Talking in 2vs2)

However in 1vs1 the difference is not that high so I agree balance may favor USF here.

1 Oct 2015, 08:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2015, 08:48 AMPhy

Yeah but at the same time the number of games played as US are higher than the number of games played as OST/OKW. That explains why win ratios are higher too -not only balance-.

In somehow your statement is: that guy who buys more lottery than me wins more than me. This guy's luck is OP. And this is not actually true...

higher ... wat? 8 games differences justifies 21 % better winning rate for you?
Also why then soviet winning rate is just nearly as high as the USF when they have much less games played than ost/okw?
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS