Login

russian armor

Those stupid leiG spam

• This thread is locked
PAGES (15)down
28 Sep 2015, 17:23 PM

All the rage in this thread points to frustrating play. The LEIG and ISG need to be able to do something, and clearly the sept 17 patch notes went too far with the suppression radius.

Bringing the suppression back into line where it doesn't instasuppress your entire army will make a world of difference. Before that change people still used them but there was no rage.
28 Sep 2015, 17:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 14:13 PMJohnnyB

Even if that would be true, I would still be more entitled than you to talk about this game. Because that would mean that I am actualy playing it, unlike you.

While gameplay to post ratio is skew towards the latter, we have seen his replays and playercard. Yours remain unknown.

Can we go back OT ?
Can someone tell me what was wrong with this unit on this date:
July 21:
USF: Cost reduced from 480 to 380 Changed reinforce cost discount from 1.0 to 0.5 to match existing weapon crews
OKW: Cost reduced from 430 to 330

Did anyone found it OP at this point?

So IMO this is where it went all wrong:

September 17:
Light Artillery Suppression (Pak Howitzer & LEIG)
Previously the suppression that was added on these units were fairly inconsistent in their result. The data has been adjusted to provide more consistent suppression within its area of effect.
AOE suppression profile changed from 0.1 to 1
Suppression reduced from 0.8 to 0.3
Nearby suppression multiplier reduced from 2.2 to 1
Nearby suppression radius increased from 60 to 70

We found through feedback and playtesting that the Hollow Charged ability was very cumbersome to use. We have decided to remove the ability from the unit and substitute it with weapon stats.
Hollow charges removed
Now gains increased weapon and barrage range by 15%

With any other AoE change there might appear.
28 Sep 2015, 17:31 PM

While gameplay to post ratio is skew towards the latter, we have seen his replays and playercard. Yours remain unknown.

Can we go back OT ?

This is not where it went wrong. Where it went wrong was where relic decided to cut pak howis, LEIG scatter values in half (this makes them around 4 times more accurate than they were before)

Of course this was a ninja change , and i doubt relic was even aware of this change when they pushed the patch :snfPeter:
28 Sep 2015, 17:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 17:31 PMBurts

This is not where it went wrong. Where it went wrong was where relic decided to cut pak howis, LEIG scatter values in half (this makes them around 4 times more accurate than they were before)

Of course this was a ninja change , and i doubt relic was even aware of this change when they pushed the patch :snfPeter:

See, this is a useful info instead of pages of flaming wars.
28 Sep 2015, 22:20 PM

+ infinity
I am sympathetic to both the US and OKW need for indirect fire that doesn't cost fuel but long range stock light artillery can't both snipe units at long range and suppress. Increase scatter back to close to pre-patch and either got rid of suppression or nerf damage.
28 Sep 2015, 22:31 PM

+ infinity
I am sympathetic to both the US and OKW need for indirect fire that doesn't cost fuel but long range stock light artillery can't both snipe units at long range and suppress. Increase scatter back to close to pre-patch and either got rid of suppression or nerf damage.

I'd say that the supression has to be toned down and increase it's cost back to 430 and 2 more popcap
28 Sep 2015, 22:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Thanks, I was wondering about why those units hit things at max range these days...I assumed the pinning was helping with free shots or something.
28 Sep 2015, 23:11 PM
Donator 11

Oh sweet Jaysus, I had no idea there was now a quad accuracy bonus for LEIG and pack Howie. Did that ninja change come in with the increased suppression patch when they were cranking up all those pretty numbers? I am asking because I also wonder if anyone has an opinion on the performance of these two light arty guns with the ninja accuracy buff, without the suppression bonus.
29 Sep 2015, 01:08 AM

The LeIG has direct fire scatter that is so low that it nearly always damages a Brit sniper in testing, when direct firing. It occasionally hits directly and 1-shots a sniper. It shouldn't be that accurate. The pak howie isn't as accurate, but the damage radius is bigger and it seems to kill more stuff overall. Both are too strong.
29 Sep 2015, 11:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 01:08 AMGrumpy
The LeIG has direct fire scatter that is so low that it nearly always damages a Brit sniper in testing, when direct firing. It occasionally hits directly and 1-shots a sniper. It shouldn't be that accurate. The pak howie isn't as accurate, but the damage radius is bigger and it seems to kill more stuff overall. Both are too strong.

No it doesnt stop pulling facts out of your ass. Damage wise leig and pak howie is fine suppression is not.
29 Sep 2015, 18:10 PM

Can we go back OT ?

I actually found this in a thead that was started on sept 10th. I couldn't find it anywhere in the changelog so maybe it was a ninja buff. I think it was about the balance preview they did, so whenever those went live I think.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 22:15 PMbC_
AOE Damage Profile was change from 1 /0.35 / 0.05 to 1/0.5/0.25

But its radius was reduced from 4 to 3.

Just throwing out some numbers

This is a pretty significant buff to the AOE damage profile. The damage is a lot more consistent across it's radius.

29 Sep 2015, 19:11 PM
Donator 11

I had built a mortar pit and bofors as the brits with a centaur and wasp nearby and out of no where a bunch of volks and panzer gren blobs start tossing those stupid incendiary grenades and giving my Centaur a panzerschrek bukkake after their buddy's 3 or 4 ISG's savagely pound my defenses bringing them down to like 20% health.

They were on brace mind you and then to make matters worse whilst my engies were repairing them the incendiary nades melted them like butter: all 3 of them... After that a damned fallschirmjager squad comes up to my fresh tommies and kills them all in 2 seconds. Then they panzerfaust my wasp and proceed to bomb the hell out my other brit ally's position.

My Soviet ally spams katyushas forcing them back but then a bloody hoard of panthers and a king freakin tiger comes along...By this point ive only like 1 cromwell and 2 new tommy squads with piats... Guess what happens next???

The isg spammer and his buddy's own arty target my tommys ripping them to shreds in 2 seconds flat whilst another fallschirmjager comes around. Pounds my cromwell from behind and the king tiger proceeds to re-enact a prison shower scene with it...go figure...

It sounds like you had more problems in that game than a shrek blob and a LeIG.

Hoard of panthers... Pussyking, is that you :snfPeter:
30 Sep 2015, 14:57 PM

The game is borderline unplayable at this time because of it. Especially last night when i was playing against double okw its just a joke. Brits have 0 chance to even make it to centuar which is the first unit they can get to make a difference there early game has been completely ruined IS useless out of cover wasp nerfed to useless emplacements worthless. Pretty much any faction can't do shit about lieg bullshit its completely broken.

Lieg needs changed bad take away the suppression or something. It is not even on the same level as the pak howie and the pak can't be used the same way. The way okw is built it is much easier for them to protect the lieg, its fires 360 degrees with a huge arc which the pak does not. The pak is much more able to be decrewed taken out or stolen because USF are not a defensive factions with trucks to hide behind plus the Lieg has a shield that apparently bounces mortar shells. Either way both shouldn't suppress if there going to snipe models from half way across the map.

Fix this cancerous lieg POS now.
30 Sep 2015, 15:12 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 14:57 PMRocket
The game is borderline unplayable at this time because of it. Especially last night when i was playing against double okw its just a joke. Brits have 0 chance to even make it to centuar which is the first unit they can get to make a difference there early game has been completely ruined IS useless out of cover wasp nerfed to useless emplacements worthless. Pretty much any faction can't do shit about lieg bullshit its completely broken.

Lieg needs changed bad take away the suppression or something. It is not even on the same level as the pak howie and the pak can't be used the same way. The way okw is built it is much easier for them to protect the lieg, its fires 360 degrees with a huge arc which the pak does not. The pak is much more able to be decrewed taken out or stolen because USF are not a defensive factions with trucks to hide behind plus the Lieg has a shield that apparently bounces mortar shells. Either way both shouldn't suppress if there going to snipe models from half way across the map.

Fix this cancerous lieg POS now.

The gun shield provides green cover to two of the crew members. The pak howitzer will also fire 360 degrees though, just let it autofire don't manually face it.
30 Sep 2015, 15:29 PM
Patrion 14

Guys I have a great idea!

Lets give the ost and sov mortars a chance to instapin squads every time a mortar round lands in their general direction! I'm absolutely sure nothing can go wrong with support weapons made for indirect fire instapinning squads.

In fact, why don't we even extend this to the mortar halftracks too? Surely they are UP and deserve more suppression.
30 Sep 2015, 15:34 PM

Remove pinning done
30 Sep 2015, 15:39 PM

Some maps are unplayable atm because of this, like langres. I suggest remove the suppression or lower the fire rate. maybe like 10 sec reload between shots. Relic plz
30 Sep 2015, 16:37 PM

Its fine. OKW needs this to have at least a slight chance to compete with allies.
So many Allied fanboys around here.
30 Sep 2015, 17:34 PM

2 leigs plus ostheer mortar = lots of suppression and manpower bleed
30 Sep 2015, 17:53 PM

I think they need to look at the AOE profile buff they gave the leig and maybe reduce it a bit, or increase scatter.

Surprisingly, Alex had a good idea about moving the suppression effect to the barrage ability, I think that's a pretty solid idea. You'd have to increase the cooldown to barrage significantly though.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 51
Poland 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak