Login

russian armor

British Tank Tactics Bugged

21 Sep 2015, 13:50 PM

I feel there's a need to discussion this pressing issue with British Tanks as it doesn't allow you to take full advantage of their skills. I'm sure all of you have noticed that at times, you tell your tanks to fire a smoke shell to defend your flanks and have them completely ignore you. Or you tell your AEC Armoured Car to disable the treads of Panzers but have that order seemingly ignored too?

This only happens in a combat situation. There are no issues when there's no enemy within shooting range. If you use an ability on a target that the turret is not facing at the time, chances are it will never fire off. If you use an ability while the turret IS facing your target, you have a much higher chance of firing it off.

There's was a user in this forum that suggested that the unit's targeting AI might be the cause of the disruptions. Interrupting the ability if the AI decides to change it's focus on something else while the ability is winding up.

Now if I remember correctly from my coding days, there should be a line of coding that makes it difficult to interrupt an ability once it has been triggered. Perhaps this line of coding is missing from the majority of British Vehicles?

Here's a list of all affected units...

AEC III Armoured Car - Tread Breaker
Cromwell Tank - Smoke Shells
Comet Tank - Smoke Shells/WP Shells

If we at LEAST fix the Tread Breaker interruption, this will go a long way to helping PIATs become useful again. Can only do so much when using attack ground over shot blockers.

I've been agonizing over this since the British came out and hoping a hotfix will be implemented for them soon.

P.S. Hopefully I will be able to enter this topic again, unlike the .50 Cal Trench Bug Thread where I keep getting a "Forbidden" error in my own topic. Can't enter Mr.Someguy's Response Thread Either... Fingers Crossed...
21 Sep 2015, 14:22 PM

And the 17pdr/77mm gun have no projectile, which means using attack ground to finish off Panzers w/smoke launcher impossible.
22 Sep 2015, 02:09 AM
Patrion 28

i've had really bad luck with both the puma vet ability and the stuart engine killing shot. haven't gotten either to work in a really long time.
22 Sep 2015, 02:11 AM

i've had really bad luck with both the puma vet ability and the stuart engine killing shot. haven't gotten either to work in a really long time.

The stuart one is really funky because you have to be on top of the tank, since it has 5 range,doesn't insta reload and it won't follow the tank either so the moment the tank leaves 5 range the ability is canceled
22 Sep 2015, 02:54 AM
Patrion 14

had them happen to me too
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment