Login

russian armor

FYI: Hotfix is coming!!!!

PAGES (10)down
21 Sep 2015, 22:20 PM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 23:26 PMKyle_RE
Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to provide an update that the hotfix won't be going out until early next week (Monday or Tuesday). Sorry for the delay but unfortunately the fixes will require additional testing before release and we don't want to release more bugs in the process.

I heard you like bugs so we put bugs in your bugs.
21 Sep 2015, 22:28 PM

The problem is they use many different builds at the same time, each in various stages of development and with various changes. So when it comes time to compile everything, they end up using the wrong one or leaving things out. Not sure why they don't just have a RELEASE BUILD DO NOT TOUCH that they just apply finalized changes to, rather than pushing whatever build seems most advanced at that time. Because the way they do it now, they keep overwriting recent changes with old stats, and then they have to go back and fix it again. It's like that time Pak 40 Target Weak Point was broken for months, then they fixed it for one patch, but then they unfixed it and it remained broken and ignored. I'm still not sure if it's been fixed because I've mentally blocked it as a viable ability if the enemy is microing at all.

That is insane if true.

But how do you know this?
21 Sep 2015, 22:34 PM
Donator 11

I think this has to be the most embarrassing bug since the beginning.
I mean, Shocks OP - not cool. Partisans OP - not cool. But an MG shooting from one base to another? Ridiculous.

Yea Relic's over-buffing and over-nerfing track record is pretty bad but at least excusable as a game of numbers and not enough testing/small sample sizes. Bugs like the vickers are completely inexcusable however, they even had word on the issue before the patch went live and still did not fix it. That's what you get when you outsource your QA, probably a handful of underpaid folks several time zones away that have never touched the game instead of a proper in-house team working with the devs.
21 Sep 2015, 23:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 22:28 PMwuff

That is insane if true.

ActuallyI came to the same conclusion, so I douibt it is true. Relic do not know which CoH2 Version is the released one.

Funny, isn't it?

:hyper:
21 Sep 2015, 23:42 PM

The Vickers bug is a "knock-on" bug. I worked in the QA industry for 3 years.

Basically Vickers Vet 1 bonus wasn't being applied... the Vet 1 bonus being "Fires longer range when garrisoned."

So they fixed that bug.

Now the Vickers range increases every time it's put in a building. That's the knock-on.

Very common problem in any game development environment.

They will fix it soon, so stop freaking out.
22 Sep 2015, 00:41 AM
Patrion 27

The Vickers bug is a "knock-on" bug. I worked in the QA industry for 3 years.

Basically Vickers Vet 1 bonus wasn't being applied... the Vet 1 bonus being "Fires longer range when garrisoned."

So they fixed that bug.

Now the Vickers range increases every time it's put in a building. That's the knock-on.

Very common problem in any game development environment.

They will fix it soon, so stop freaking out.

People are "freaking out" because one of the biggest COH2 tournaments to date has had to ban units and commanders before it even started because of this sloppy situation. This was a big opportunity to showcase the new UKF forces and you can't even use their HMG :romeoPls:
22 Sep 2015, 01:55 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 22:28 PMwuff

That is insane if true.

this is far from the first time that relic has fucked up their version control.
22 Sep 2015, 02:50 AM

Even worse is due to the OCF publicity automatch is FILLED with players comically abusing the vickers bug. Every game with every Brit player they just get a vickers to vet 1 than shoot from their base. It's a madhouse out there.
22 Sep 2015, 05:37 AM

It's just absolutely a clusterfuck of unprecedented proportions. Because of this bug the Brits don't even get access to one of their three early game units. WASP is quite weak now damage wise, vickers k upgrade was always weak, at least tommies are facing down snipers that are slightly easier to kill now. They're going to get eaten alive regardless.

How does one go about 'mounting' said scope? As I understand it you need to put the MG in a building, get Vet1, exit, decrew it, recrew it, get in a building, reach vet 1, rinse, repeat. Is it simply applied every time you enter a building (which makes it even more retarded than I previously thought)? If it's only applied per recrew I swear we could just hold players to an honor system, and if they attempt to cheese that shit, DQ their ass. /shrug
22 Sep 2015, 09:03 AM

This is an epic fuckup and to be quite honest: RELIC SHOULD APOLOGIZE IN PUBLIC TO THE COMMUNITY.

The fanbase organizes a < 5000$ prize pool tournament and they totally shit all over this event with their messy and chaotic way of working!
22 Sep 2015, 09:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 05:37 AMVolsky

How does one go about 'mounting' said scope? As I understand it you need to put the MG in a building, get Vet1, exit, decrew it, recrew it, get in a building, reach vet 1, rinse, repeat. Is it simply applied every time you enter a building (which makes it even more retarded than I previously thought)? If it's only applied per recrew I swear we could just hold players to an honor system, and if they attempt to cheese that shit, DQ their ass. /shrug

It's every time, no recrew needed.
22 Sep 2015, 14:11 PM

This is an epic fuckup and to be quite honest: RELIC SHOULD APOLOGIZE IN PUBLIC TO THE COMMUNITY.

The fanbase organizes a < 5000$ prize pool tournament and they totally shit all over this event with their messy and chaotic way of working!

This could have been all avoided if they took our input from the alpha and actually implemented it, they always keep pushing out these alphas for new content and when balance issues are identified the issues still make it to final build.
22 Sep 2015, 15:50 PM
Patrion 26

People are "freaking out" because one of the biggest COH2 tournaments to date has had to ban units and commanders before it even started because of this sloppy situation. This was a big opportunity to showcase the new UKF forces and you can't even use their HMG :romeoPls:

Not an issue because no one even plays Brits on the tournament regardless of Vickers bug or not
22 Sep 2015, 15:54 PM
Patrion 26

Like they give a flying f*ck about your tournament....
Remember Duffy and that huge ESL tourney they were going to do?
Yeah, still waiting for that
22 Sep 2015, 17:20 PM

Tuesday and still no "hotfix"
22 Sep 2015, 17:33 PM

great communication, again
22 Sep 2015, 17:59 PM

I actually thought for a second that the speed with which they worked on the post-brit patch and the quality of the communication was supposed to stick and that Relic made a 180 degree turn in player relations. Guess I was expecting too much, this is much more like the Relic we all know and love (to hate).
22 Sep 2015, 18:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 08:39 AMPhy

It has been this way during months as USF but never saw much complains on forums.

Anyway bugs are annyoing and need to be fixed. Remember back in coh1 the pakbug blowing up tanks with 2 shots. It lasted more than a weekened by far. Welcome to Relic's game.

Oh, there were complaints, but the only response from the OP hording axis fan boyz was "L2P", instead of addressing the said imbalances.
22 Sep 2015, 19:14 PM

Hoping that the delayed Hotfix is just Relic taking extra time to look at the ISG laser sniping artillery. Dare to dream!
22 Sep 2015, 19:35 PM

PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 23
Peru 4
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L