Login

russian armor

misunderstanding?

17 Sep 2015, 19:37 PM

I will first state that I am a noob and only play for fun and to get better, but today I experienced something weird. I played a match against British as Oberkommando west...now up toward halfway through the game I was dominating but I was getting perfectly coordinated artillery strikes against me on areas he never scouted or had seen. Now I am not saying he was cheating, perhaps there is something about the British I don't know, but I went and watched the reply. The first case was I had just built my panzer hq and started building a pz4, during the reply he never saw this thing once, but on follow camera, he went to exactly where the HQ was located, and called in artillery on it. He eventually destroyed it twice...then again, I had units behind a wall, far behind fog of war, and against a perfectly placed strike landed on them as well.

Am I missing something about the British that they can do, was this cheating, or just pure luck?
17 Sep 2015, 19:41 PM

give us a replay so we can figure it out
17 Sep 2015, 19:41 PM

How can we know? Replay!
17 Sep 2015, 19:42 PM

17 Sep 2015, 19:42 PM

Please upload the replay so we can check it out. Thanks.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/upload
17 Sep 2015, 19:43 PM

There, I suppose, since the replay is up, feedback is welcome. It's off to work for me now...try not to make fun of my noobness too much :P

Cheers guys and thanks!
17 Sep 2015, 21:13 PM

I have watched the replay and I am not 100% sure how he spotted the structure for the first barrage. He chose the artillery commander, which has an ability that can be used into FoW, so he didn't need spotting to use the ability.

One way he could have spotted it, was if he was watching that area as the structure completed and saw the xp marker. Another way he could have known about something being there, was if he watched his own xp ticker raise because he hit something, even though it did not get revealed on the map (which also indicates that it is a truck, because units gets revealed). He might have heard the truck in the FoW, which is not unlikely, since he was using the arty quite frequently and might have listened in the FoW.

My guess is that he got quite lucky the first time and then somehow made the assumption you had a truck there and used it a second time. It would also helped if you had repaired the truck between the barrages, though I don't blame you for not paying attention to a truck in a supposedly safe location.
18 Sep 2015, 19:46 PM

Thank you Snikeduden, he didn't seem to be watching the area when you use follow camera in the replay. Though, I didn't not think to watch the XP ticker.

I had figured he was using a unit ability so it wasn't the fact he was calling arty in FOW, just the uncanny accuracy in said situation. Had it happen once or twice with units later on but I suppose he may have just figured I would likely have men sitting there.
18 Sep 2015, 21:32 PM

I haven't watched it, but keep in mind: Map hack is possible in this game. You just have to deal with it unfortunately.

Btw if it appears to be map hack, send the replay to enforcement@relic.com. But again, map hack is possible, try not to think about it.
19 Sep 2015, 18:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 21:32 PMRMMLz
I haven't watched it, but keep in mind: Map hack is possible in this game. You just have to deal with it unfortunately.

Btw if it appears to be map hack, send the replay to enforcement@relic.com. But again, map hack is possible, try not to think about it.

Meh, I haven't really been thinking a lot about it and I'm not going to report it. It was just me being suspicious because of the events. I'll just chalk it up to just being luck...been mainly thinking about how I would have turned it around.

I made a stupid move with my panzer 4 and lost it...but before that when I lost my panzer hq, it was building a p4. So when it was destroyed I lose the 200 mp and 40 fuel for the building plus the 135 fuel and x mp for my tank (I think they are 380ish mp?).

I think I would have been better off building a jagdpanzer 4 and going mechanized hq. The hq would allow me the munitions to fuel transfer until I would be able to get map control back and grab the fuel points. Pretty sure the jagdpanzer is better at tank hunting and has better range and I'd also have the option to get the puma would would be able to disable vehicle turrets with the ability...would have good for that pesky AA gun.
19 Sep 2015, 19:40 PM

I watched this and there was no evidence that would point towards a map hack imo. His artillery targets seemed sensible every time. It looks like one was lucky into the fog of war but it was on the main road, into a high traffic intersection.

This was a good game I was horrified that you lost control of it!
19 Sep 2015, 20:02 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I have moved this thread to OKW srategies.

@ OP: because you are new, i have exercised discretion about this thread. I have, however, removed the words "possible cheat" from your title. Please now read the Site Rules at the bottom of the page, on the right hand side of your screen.

Do not make public accusations of cheating on these forums, please; one reason being, that too many accusations of this kind arise, when there is little or no foundation for them.
19 Sep 2015, 20:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 19:40 PMSesleri
I watched this and there was no evidence that would point towards a map hack imo. His artillery targets seemed sensible every time. It looks like one was lucky into the fog of war but it was on the main road, into a high traffic intersection.

This was a good game I was horrified that you lost control of it!

I was equally horrified...that pzhq set me back so bad and that AA gun is too good against infantry :(
19 Sep 2015, 20:14 PM

I have moved this thread to OKW srategies.

@ OP: because you are new, i have exercised discretion about this thread. I have, however, removed the words "possible cheat" from your title. Please now read the Site Rules at the bottom of the page, on the right hand side of your screen.

Do not make public accusations of cheating on these forums, please; one reason being, that too many accusations of this kind arise, when there is little or no foundation for them.

Thank you sir. I can sometimes forget to read the rules and don't normally like to accuse people. I didnt try to say he was but rather try and go about it in an open manner, hence why I said it may have been possible or a misunderstanding...which I've concluded it was just a misunderstanding :)

Thank you again,
Cheers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 49
Poland 11
United States 8
Germany 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W