Login

russian armor

Ranked matchmaking - Ridiculous? Or am I missing something?

16 Sep 2015, 21:09 PM

Me and my friend are new to the game, and decided to play 2v2 ranked, hoping that after 10 placement games we would start getting opponents that are also new players.

NOPE.
We keep getting people at lvls 90+, even people levels 200 or 300 !!!
Is this a joke?

After checking coh2.org I realized that the ELO matchmaking is separate for each mode and ALSO for each partner you play with..........what the hell. So even if you are level 300, if you play with a new partner, your elo is reset and you can be matched with total noobs.

We are repeatedly matched with players with thousands of playtime hours just because they are playing with a random partner which means their ELO is reset?

How are we supposed to win, ever? or even have a decent, even match?
16 Sep 2015, 21:24 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Correct, ELO is per person playing 2v2 random or per team if you play with your pre-arranged team. If you switch to another pre-arranged teammate your ELO and rank is completely different than your ELO with your first teammate afterall your new friend could be terrible or could be a pro so it must be learned.

Unfortunately there's a process that takes into account how long you've waited for a game as well. The algorithm figures you'd rather play vs someone not on your skill level in 5 minutes than wait 30 minutes for another noobier team.

As you found out, level means beans. I've played vs just as many terrible players at max level if not more than good ones.

I'd recommend you keep playing and don't worry about wins or losses. You'll get better and the ELO system will match you the best it can with the players currently in the automatch pool.
16 Sep 2015, 21:36 PM

And sometimes, ELO systems gets drunk and set you up with top 10 players the moment you click search. Happened to me yesterday.
16 Sep 2015, 21:37 PM

Thanks. I will keep playing but it is very frustrating and unfun to lose all hope of winning after 8 minutes, each and every game....we surrender at around 10 minutes in most matches.

How can we possibly win against people with 1000+ hours of experience? Even if they are "bad", having this huge experience advantage is good enough for us to get wrecked. How can we get better by being constantly stomped?
16 Sep 2015, 21:42 PM

Thanks. I will keep playing but it is very frustrating and unfun to lose all hope of winning after 8 minutes, each and every game....we surrender at around 10 minutes in most matches.

How can we possibly win against people with 1000+ hours of experience? Even if they are "bad", having this huge experience advantage is good enough for us to get wrecked. How can we get better by being constantly stomped?

The learning curve for this game is a bit tricky. Small but devoted player base, change in meta, cheese tactics etc. Watch streams (Luvnest, HelpingHans,VonIvan etc) and watch live games and take notes (when to tech up, how to face your weapon teams etc.)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★