Login

russian armor

UKF vs Snipers , what to do?

13 Sep 2015, 11:34 AM

Well, I would like to know what you guys do against sniper spam + gren spam in 2vs2? Seem that this is to overpowered at the moment when you play at brit.

Any suggestions?
13 Sep 2015, 11:36 AM

yes, there is one. Alt+F4
13 Sep 2015, 11:38 AM

uc carrier at best or get your sniper out asap other than that wait for the next patch where it will be easier to kill snipers
13 Sep 2015, 11:57 AM

triple wasp might be good option + get the armored car

13 Sep 2015, 12:01 PM
Donator 11

A Bren Carrier can already be a good idea :)

In the first minutes of a game it forces the Ost player to be more defensive with his sniper and also it increase the micro for that sniper. Later on the wasp is a great way to keep the sniper out of your way due to the extreme range of the flames.
13 Sep 2015, 12:02 PM

Alt + F4
13 Sep 2015, 12:04 PM
Patrion 15

To be honest, there isn't much.

What works for me is to get an Infantry Section and a UC (So you have IS, IS, UC) and go for WASP. Avoid engaging the snipers and concentrate on picking off odd models with the UC (before it has the WASP) and then target team weapons once the WASP upgrade lands.

Get an early T2, get a squad of Engineers and then tech bofors if they are infantry heavy but mortar light or the AEC if they've gone for an agressive 222 build. That said, I tend to skip both and tech faster for an early Centaur or Cromwell.

If you go for a heavy infantry build the snipers will bleed you, team weapons aren't the answer either. You might get lucky and be able to pick them off with the WASP - but I tend to ignore the snipers until the mid game.

If you get a sniper, it'll get counter sniped reasonably easily if they are spamming ost sniper.

Emplacements are great, but mortar spam can mean you have to constantly keep them braced - the advantage to that would be that it would be taking up their manpower/units with mortars to counter 1 emplacement.
14 Sep 2015, 20:24 PM

Wait until oponent make a mistake with his sniper. Else you cannot kill him.Or try to sneaky kill with commandos nothing else will work

IS - joke
Royal engi - flanking - still a lot of hp if he retreats
bren carrier = fausted = killed
sniper - worse than ostheer one , he recloaks 6 second while ostheer sniper cloaks faster than scotish one aim on him.
Armored car = joke carrier.
emplacement - want to get pounded to dust with mortar
Something that comes later = too much mp bleed

Really if he know what he is doing with his sniper you cant kill him , not with countrsnipe , not with car rush.

Only flank with commandos or sneaky kill with then i foud to be good strategy becuase it often evolves no counterplay becuase commandos can sneak well
15 Sep 2015, 20:55 PM
Patrion 310

Early game there are no good counter. Early UC are suicide against 222s and brits really need Tank Hunter squad and/or AC to protect it.

In the mid game, M3 supply HT (which is like a soviet M5 without quad upgrade) supported by Tanker Hunters are the most fuel/munition efficient soft counter. At very least it prevent to much MP bleed by forcing sniper to play more defensive and also dont put alot of brit fuel/munitions at risk.

Weapon rack upgrade cost 100 mp/15 fuel, so the first M3 basically cost brits 170 mp/15 fuel due to its free vickers lmgs for 60 munition drop.

As the best M3 team to hunt down sniper + 222, try placing one Tank Hunter squad (upgraded with artillery flares for increased vision) + one RE squad with double vickers/mine clearing.

With that combo you have like a "light quad HT" that have good vision, can cap territory, see armor in the fog of war (tank hunter ability), self repair with the RE, cant hit a mine, can call in arty, can reinforce and kill 222 with the tank hunter/AT grenades. All of this in one HT for 170 (ht mp cost with free vickers drops) + 300 (tank hunter) + 210 (RE) = 680 mp.

Yes its alot of manpower to invest into countering one sniper, but unlike the AEC/UC it dont put alot of munition (UC) or fuel (AEC) at risk and only 170 MP/15 fuel for the first M3 and 270 MP/30 fuel for the sescond M3.

Get the double vickers close enough to the sniper and usually you can kill it within 2 lmg burst. If there supporting infantry nearby you might have to exit the HT to focus the sniper instead.

Even without the M3, vet1 RE with double vickers in cover (at mid range) will usually kill or force retreat of the sniper within 2 lmg burst. Vet1 RE get ROF bonus while in cover and actual pretty good against sniper at mid to close range. In recent weeks been playing in the 2vs2 top20 brits (my second account) and killed plenty of snipers with RE double vickers with or without HT.

I dont know much about 1vs1, but in 2vs2 IS just suck against sniper, even at close range. The infantry you need is vet1 MGs in garrison + a spotter (to use the increased range), lots of REs with vickers, Tank hunters + Sniper to kill 222s/HTs and AT snare vs medium armor.

16 Sep 2015, 09:27 AM

Counter sniping works for me.
6 Oct 2015, 06:28 AM

WASp is less effective than .50 cal for killing snipers fyi.
6 Oct 2015, 21:48 PM

If i see an enemy sniper early game. I normaly go counter sniper, if you build inf inf tec up and go for sniper you can get the sniper in 3 mins. 4.5 min if you go inf+inf+mg

getting brens for infentry helps dealing with sniper+other infentry but support with mg. I am just getting a couter sniper becouse i think it is the best move, also a sniper is good for manpower bleed and winning fights.

commandoes is great at close range against inf and you can get luck and take out a sniper with them. Had 45 kills with one commandoes unit in my game today, they also have nades with out upgrade and demo charge.

I tried the armored car, but it is not a good counter to the sniper.
The universal carrior could work, never use it becouse need the fuel for centaur. The uc has no armor at all, its so easily killed.

You can also try to avoide the sniper, cap points and win fights and hope for a mistake from the sniper and get him off guard with infentry section.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★