Login

russian armor

Centaur OP

6 Sep 2015, 12:16 PM

Use smoke and flank, clearly a l2p problem
6 Sep 2015, 12:16 PM

Man, UKF release really was a good moment for Mods to enforce a more strict policy regarding pointless whine posts. OP even wants to nerf it because of a single game. Why is this shit allowed here?
6 Sep 2015, 13:36 PM

It's powerful but slow and it does not have much health at all. Comes out at the same time as a P4. The standard hard counter for tanks (at least 2 AT guns defending each other, not in line) kills it.

It is so very very slow.

Vet 1 ability is hilarious though, I love it against blobs.

Who said it can really hurt a P4? Not from the front definitely.
6 Sep 2015, 18:15 PM

It shreds infantry a little to good. Even if it's slow it can take down a PGs shreck squad in 5 to 6 seconds flat, I can understand it's meant to take down infantry squads but compared to the Ostwind. It even does surprisingly decent anti tank job against medium and below. Nearly lost a OKW Panzer 4 against a Cromwell and Centuar. It was on the rear half the time but that rate of fire.
6 Sep 2015, 18:20 PM
Patrion 14

Not sure if I like the ability to wipe AT guns in a few seconds from far range, thats the only thing I can think about.
7 Sep 2015, 05:56 AM

Not sure if I like the ability to wipe AT guns in a few seconds from far range, thats the only thing I can think about.

+1 exactly so!
7 Sep 2015, 06:21 AM
Donator 11

The Centaur can walk right up to double paks while taking hits, destroy them and walk away. It's op. No l2p issue here.
7 Sep 2015, 06:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Sep 2015, 12:12 PMbogeuh
i got 1 shot off and then it was wiped, centaur seems to have more health or armor than similar vehicles

"Seems", even though it has the exact same armor and health as cromwell, but is much slower...
7 Sep 2015, 09:42 AM

"Seems", even though it has the exact same armor and health as cromwell, but is much slower...

Functional similar like m5, luchs, flacktrack, etc

Anyways ...
7 Sep 2015, 09:46 AM
Patrion 14

So it's the first time you encountered a certain unit, and you're already starting a thread to whine about it?
7 Sep 2015, 09:49 AM

Centaur is easily dealable with. Yes it's a pain in the ass, but same for the AAHT of OKW. BraBraBra bye bye squad. Nothing different only higher armour. It has no smoke and stuff to cover his retreat path so why should we whine further.
7 Sep 2015, 10:59 AM

here's the problem I have with the Centuar. While its dps is certainly impressive, it's still not enough to make it a hard counter against volks blob.

The centuar lack the range, suppression, and speed to kite a volks blob the same way the quad .50cal do. The centuar is too reliant on pure dps to do the job.
7 Sep 2015, 14:59 PM

I honestly never use the Centaur, i just think it's too slow for an ai tank or too lightly armored, it's just not the mix i want for an anti infantry tank, i'd rather use the cromwell or the comet, much more reliable and if i want the ultimate infantry destroyer i take the crocodile. Whenever i have seen it being used by someone it was dead after 5 minutes, because it was too slow and got killed by at guns or got a damaged engine. So.. of course it's a good tank, but it's more like a nail in the coffin than a gamechanger.

Oh and could a mod correct the title it's "Centaur", would be great.
7 Sep 2015, 18:15 PM

its fine except winning a long range battle 1v1 with a hardcounter (pak).
7 Sep 2015, 18:21 PM

Centaur plus Universal carrier command tank usually makes my opponents rage quit in 2v2s. Centaur without command tank, though much weaker still seems to be a bit OP to me, especially with that Pak wiping ability as listed above
7 Sep 2015, 23:08 PM

Played quite a lot with it and it's an incredibly powerfull for a 100 fuel and 320 MP tank.

Penetration wise it's very dangerous to medium tanks when the rear is exposed, making it an effective support/flanking unit when engaging with an other tank.

It also wipes infantry like anyone's buisness and AT guns shit their pants at the sight of it.

In it's current form it should be at least be priced at 130 fuel.
13 Sep 2015, 12:57 PM

Permanently Banned
Imo for his price he kills to fast infatry and very fast AT gun, its need a little change.
What armour centaur have ?
14 Sep 2015, 01:34 AM

it can pen Pz4 rear armor ,confirmed. It is not that slow,sometimes it can even surround your basic medium tank and do alot of dmg. It should cost 120 fuel atleast.
14 Sep 2015, 06:06 AM

The Centaur can walk right up to double paks while taking hits, destroy them and walk away. It's op. No l2p issue here.

This sums it up. But having in view the quantity of british bias in the forums it will be impossible to convince anyone about the truth these days. No wonder, 80% of the new game searchers are allied and 90% of them are british faction player that masturbates at their new OP faction.

It will take 6 months at least for player base to begin to play with axis too and see what a broken faction brits are. Meanwhile, they can hope that there will be enough suckers playing with axis these days. I learned my lesson, switching for USF for now. I have no worries, if I play 2v2s in 90% of battles I will have a brit faction player beside me, and because of that, 80% chance to win.
14 Sep 2015, 06:23 AM

The price is totally fine and so are dmg and pen. It just needs what has been done to the ostwind ages ago. Make it more inaccurate vs infantry and support weapons, especially on the move.

Right now with its fast rate of fire, it happens rather often that a centaur manages to decrew a pak after it got its first(or second) shot off - all while still remaining infront of it and making no attempt to move or flank around. That shouldnt happen, just as an ostwind wont decrew a zis from the front, unless the zis is hurt as hell already. Same goes for infantry. The ostwind is a beast, especially against blobs where it doesnt matter that a shot isnt spot on in the center. But when it comes to fighting 1 lone unit, maybe in cover or retreating, the ostwind is having a relatively hard time wiping it, compared to its general combat effectiveness.

If you make the weapon scatter bigger and maybe increase that even a bit more while on the move, itll be fine. I guess itll take some experimenting to see how much is needed.

I feel like pricing the unit similar to a p4 by increasing the price will just end up killing it, cause at that point ppl will just opt for something that can kill infantry(albeit slower) but also take on tanks. Like the cromwell. We would never see the unit built again with a price increase of 20 fuel, until alterntives get inevitably nerfed(its relic we are talking about here) and someone rediscovers the centaur and we will be at the same point we are at now all over again, asking for nerfs or whatever.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★