Login

russian armor

Designate command tank ability

5 Jan 2016, 18:55 PM

At least for 75 munitions you get a free recon plane but 10% accuracy bonus seems rather low for what you trade off. Especially with the nerfs to the vehicle that receives it, really limiting to basically Command UC.
5 Jan 2016, 19:38 PM

So when was this nerfed?

I did look for patch notes but nothing about it...
5 Jan 2016, 20:08 PM

Is there literally anything that's broken that you won't defend, so long as it's Allied? The Bofors, Commandoes, the AVRE, this... they're all perfectly okay according to you, and anyone who disagrees is a whining Weeaboo fanboy. My God, pot meet kettle. I understand being happy that the Allies have good stuff but this takes it way too far.

How in sweet baby jesuses name is the AVRE and commandos op? I have to agree with kaitof*cringes*, this ability is very much under used and not abused. Not like you can really, the command vehicle is super slow and easy to destroy, and the other factions have many counters to anything the brits have to throw, don't believe me? Check the victory rates for UKF.
5 Jan 2016, 20:25 PM

How in sweet baby jesuses name is the AVRE and commandos op? I have to agree with kaitof*cringes*, this ability is very much under used and not abused. Not like you can really, the command vehicle is super slow and easy to destroy, and the other factions have many counters to anything the brits have to throw, don't believe me? Check the victory rates for UKF.

Look at the date of the comment. That is from many patches ago.
5 Jan 2016, 20:59 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 12:30 PMSmaug
2x accuracy
0.5x recived accuracy
0.5x reload
0.5x cooldown

the command aura is 30 range

A comet in command aura will shoot twice as fast with double accuracy .

Unfortunately, these are the very old stats. The new ones are:

1.35x accuracy
0.7x received accuracy
0.7x reload
0.7x reload

That is if actually everything is in the mod tools and I found the right entry to look at since it's rather difficult to find stuff in there. The drawbacks to the affected vehicle seem unchanged.

@Cookiez are you sure it's just 10% accuracy. I find the same information under the category aura but relic marks everything that is in multiplayer in that category with mp which that entry doesn't have. I found the provided information under upgrade/british/commander/passive/command_vehicle_active

I hope the 10% accuracy isn't true. That would make the ability rather worthless considering the drawbacks to the affected vehicle.
5 Jan 2016, 23:41 PM

Look at the date of the comment. That is from many patches ago.

My bad dawg.
5 Jan 2016, 23:59 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Unfortunately, these are the very old stats. The new ones are:

1.35x accuracy
0.7x received accuracy
0.7x reload
0.7x reload

That is if actually everything is in the mod tools and I found the right entry to look at since it's rather difficult to find stuff in there. The drawbacks to the affected vehicle seem unchanged.

@Cookiez are you sure it's just 10% accuracy. I find the same information under the category aura but relic marks everything that is in multiplayer in that category with mp which that entry doesn't have. I found the provided information under upgrade/british/commander/passive/command_vehicle_active

I hope the 10% accuracy isn't true. That would make the ability rather worthless considering the drawbacks to the affected vehicle.

Yeah it seems i was originally right. there was no nerf, that aura thing is just some wierd abnormality.

command vehicle also apparently gives -25% reduced recharge rates to various commander abilities.
6 Jan 2016, 01:28 AM

Those are some pretty sweet bonuses for a defensive line.
6 Jan 2016, 01:47 AM

Wait, so my original strategy was right ( might be in another thread..)?

Is there any way to test ingame, like dps output or something?

AECs did seem to be quite useful with the command vehicle about... The humble Lee Enfield too.
7 Jan 2016, 23:57 PM
Donator 11

It's a static unit, command vehicles. They aren't made for offensive tactics, they are made for entrenched British players and the ability assumes a sacrificed unit that will stay behind the frontline, preferably non-essential cheap units like Bren Carriers or borrowed USF Ambulances or m20s.

They work most effectively on emplacements such as the mortar pit (1.35x accuracy .7x reload here we go) or simply any unit defending within 30 range of the command vehicle.

Emplacements can get double stacked with Forward Assembly AND Command Vehicle. Pretty sweet.
8 Jan 2016, 02:03 AM

Yeah it seems i was originally right. there was no nerf, that aura thing is just some wierd abnormality.

command vehicle also apparently gives -25% reduced recharge rates to various commander abilities.

So wait, does the UC command ability give you +10% accuracy or all those other buffs Sherlock was talking about?
8 Jan 2016, 02:34 AM

It certainly seems that Sherlock is on the money.

NorthWeapon's tip is excellent too, think I've been driving some Axis players mental with my mortar pit... I don't necessarily win the game but frankly if you lose to me you might as well consider spoon wittling as a hobby instead. :)

Even found a use for the AEC ( take my nubbinseness into account here ) using it merely as a scout car for the mortar pit. 50 sight range is rather nice to have so rather than taking any infantry on I just sit it there out of their sight range and have the hyperactive mortar pit rain death on them. Pumas and Kubels can see them but it seems to just about handle the former. It even has a laser range finder in case Shrecks rush it, if the coaxial is firing you are too close. :D

Mortar pit seems to fire twice as fast with command car plus garrison, and the inevitable UC is pretty useful for defending it along with the AECs when the obligatory shreck blob turns up to destroy it.

It seems to let me build my forces up in the mid game where previously I was being waxed off the map in no time.

Stick a Firefly being them and they spot very nicely for it too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★