Login

russian armor

Stormtroopers less then Partisans

4 Sep 2015, 00:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2015, 10:49 AMUS3K
Edited out the whining at the start of my post

You can't straight up compare them like that. They are used completely differently, and fit into the doctrines very differently. They both pop out of buildings, but beyond that you shouldn't be using them the same. Storms sneak, decap and raid, then retreat to be refitted as useful infantry. Partisans ambush and are expended.

Storms also got buffed, and in a way that is meant to encourage their use as more than a quick shock.

The thing is, Storms are not good at what they are supposed to do, decapping and raid, because of their
basic weapon and upgrading time+cost. And Partisans are not for ambush, they're for surprise attack for team weapons. Did you even understand about them properly?

Retreating to be refitted as useful infantry? Calling MP and upgrading cost is too much...
What's better to use storms instead of pzgrens(average 1~2 produced for 1vs1 game unit)??
4 Sep 2015, 00:43 AM

Upon upgraded, you can send all the partisans n the world that they cant never beat stormtroopers, they kinda remind to obersoldaten, but this ones have 4 mp44
4 Sep 2015, 01:00 AM

Upon upgraded, you can send all the partisans n the world that they cant never beat stormtroopers, they kinda remind to obersoldaten, but this ones have 4 mp44

The point of my post is not that thery're weak after upgrade.
Read again, pls.

And Obers get 2 STG44.
4 Sep 2015, 01:23 AM
Donator 11

I know how to use them. I wrote up there.
But when I read how Relic care about Partisans,(patch note for preview mod) i just felt to speak this out.

It's just extremely inefficient for 'behind the lines' unit.
Any unit coming through building is more efficient than this unit.

Seeing as how they are supposed to be used in conjunction with tanks, and stuka bombs to use an ability powerful enough to literally kill every unit on the opposing side...they are fine. They give AT support or assault/ambush support.

Also, since it has come up somewhere else in this thread, stormtroopers are not shock troops, they are more like infiltration soldiers that carry out sneaky raids, despite what their name implies.
4 Sep 2015, 01:40 AM

Read the patch note for preview mod plz...
They certainly eventually will be, not now though

Yeah I see sorry, just read them. It's really awesome actually and I hope it makes partisans sweet.

Personally I really like stormtroopers and how they are, I really enjoy using encirclement in team games as it is one of the most challenging and rewarding commanders: pulling off a close the pocket with tanks, stormtroopers and the stuka is one of the best combined arms Ghost Division plays there is. I think little in the game is more exciting.

If they appeared with the assault upgrade they would be too powerful I think, they are so strong with it especially with cloak, hold fire and tactical advance. Ambushes with them shred units.
The ability to get the Shrek is also invaluable so you can wait in stealth to quickly destroy a cache and decap the point. As Stormless said they are not meant to be used in the way you are asking for, they are exceptional stealth cappers and ambushers which is what the doctrine is about.
4 Sep 2015, 02:31 AM

Seeing as how they are supposed to be used in conjunction with tanks, and stuka bombs to use an ability powerful enough to literally kill every unit on the opposing side...they are fine. They give AT support or assault/ambush support.

Also, since it has come up somewhere else in this thread, stormtroopers are not shock troops, they are more like infiltration soldiers that carry out sneaky raids, despite what their name implies.

Stuka is can't be used to random area. It can't be only used at flags and it's aoe is really small.

You don't even know about this doctrine well, yet you're kindly telling me they're not shock troops.
Sorry, but I already know they're not shock troops :D
and I never want them to be.
But this unit is just meh right now.
4 Sep 2015, 02:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2015, 01:40 AMJonky

Yeah I see sorry, just read them. It's really awesome actually and I hope it makes partisans sweet.

Personally I really like stormtroopers and how they are, I really enjoy using encirclement in team games as it is one of the most challenging and rewarding commanders: pulling off a close the pocket with tanks, stormtroopers and the stuka is one of the best combined arms Ghost Division plays there is. I think little in the game is more exciting.

If they appeared with the assault upgrade they would be too powerful I think, they are so strong with it especially with cloak, hold fire and tactical advance. Ambushes with them shred units.
The ability to get the Shrek is also invaluable so you can wait in stealth to quickly destroy a cache and decap the point. As Stormless said they are not meant to be used in the way you are asking for, they are exceptional stealth cappers and ambushers which is what the doctrine is about.

Well, You don't have to repeat to teach how to use again, since Stormless already told me.
(which was unnecessary....anyway)

I am saying this unit (and skill sets maybe...?) needs to be redesigned.
If it get higher cost and basic weapon that works better, then it should also get a new weakness.
I don't ask for free buff-_-
4 Sep 2015, 02:56 AM

Stormtroopers are supposed to decap a point in conjunction with the decap stuka and have Close the Pocket wipe the map of your opponent. They aren't meant to pop out amidst combat and decrew a few ATGs or mortars.

Stormtroopers were designed specifically around the Encirclement commander. Utilizing them outside of scope of that commander (until they're in more commanders) is probably going to be ineffective.

But they aren't so expensive to reinforce, which is nice. If anything access to an LMG42 as an alternative to the STGs would be equally enjoyable for the unit.

Probably be too much though.
4 Sep 2015, 03:14 AM
Donator 11

Stuka is can't be used to random area. It can't be only used at flags and it's aoe is really small.

You don't even know about this doctrine well, yet you're kindly telling me they're not shock troops.
Sorry, but I already know they're not shock troops :D
and I never want them to be.
But this unit is just meh right now.

I've used the doctrine extensively.

You make it sound like they are meant to be assault troops. They aren't. Historically stormtroopers were specialized infiltration units, not frontline assault soldiers (that is what I meant by shock troopers).

My point about the stuka, was that all abilities, stuka, tank decap, and stormtroopers, are mean't to be used in conjunction with Close the pocket. Because of their intended role, they are fine.
4 Sep 2015, 03:26 AM

Stormtroopers are supposed to decap a point in conjunction with the decap stuka and have Close the Pocket wipe the map of your opponent. They aren't meant to pop out amidst combat and decrew a few ATGs or mortars.

Stormtroopers were designed specifically around the Encirclement commander. Utilizing them outside of scope of that commander (until they're in more commanders) is probably going to be ineffective.

But they aren't so expensive to reinforce, which is nice. If anything access to an LMG42 as an alternative to the STGs would be equally enjoyable for the unit.

Probably be too much though.

Yeah, not expensive to reinforce, but expensive to equip and call...
4 Sep 2015, 03:30 AM

Considering how Close the Pocket can wipe your opponents forces off the entire map, that expense can be quite worth it.
4 Sep 2015, 03:59 AM

I've used the doctrine extensively.

You make it sound like they are meant to be assault troops. They aren't. Historically stormtroopers were specialized infiltration units, not frontline assault soldiers (that is what I meant by shock troopers).

My point about the stuka, was that all abilities, stuka, tank decap, and stormtroopers, are mean't to be used in conjunction with Close the pocket. Because of their intended role, they are fine.

Just compare them to Partisans... They're far more efficient right off the bat to cap and fight, even though they're harassing unit. Cost much less too.
Are partisans assault units? Are they frontline infantries?
No. But they get better shock values and cheap!
They would be harder to get them off from the territory compared to unequipped storms.

Basically without expensive muni, Storm's decapping and ambushing role is completely lost, since enemy can easily send them back to their base easily. And doesn't infiltration needs swiftness to success?
What's the point of their high mp cost? Their potential only could be achieved by investing 100 muni and 45 sec more?

And you don't have to give unrelated reason to cover your lack of knowledge on the commander.
Or... perhaps you used it once very long time ago? You just glanced up what's in the skill set and said that?
Your point about the stuka blah blah completely do not cover what you wrote. FAIL
4 Sep 2015, 04:02 AM

Considering how Close the Pocket can wipe your opponents forces off the entire map, that expense can be quite worth it.

I didn't know that spending 100 muni in Storm always gives you chance to activate Close the Pocket.:(
4 Sep 2015, 04:17 AM

Why not make them cost munitions at base purchase?
yes very good
4 Sep 2015, 04:21 AM

Why not make them cost munitions at base purchase?
yes very good

Even this sounds better than now, but Relic always priced commander ability infantries with mp, so I doubt.
4 Sep 2015, 04:40 AM
Donator 11

Why would I compare them to partisans? They fill a completely different role? Why do these units need to be compared at all other than the fact that they both spawn from ambient buildings?

Why does it burn you up so much that partisans might be better than stormtroopers? But you are just an axis cry baby at this point. I think you made the thread about grens being 6 or 7 pop cap and some obscure reference from relic about the change log and why it should be reverted.

The commander hasn't changed since launch. The stormtroopers have a very specific role in the context of the commander. They are nothing more and nothing less than a unit to help initiate close the pocket. If they get pushed off then you aren't using them in their intended role. Deal with it. :romeoMug:
4 Sep 2015, 04:59 AM

Thats exactly why nobody gives a shit about Stormtroopers, their entire existence is built around a dumb gimmick. Fallsch, JLI, and Partisans all jump out of buildings fully equipped (JLI even cost almost the same as Storms) while Storms don't.

Ambient Building spawn units all come out with upgrades because they are supposed to operate behind enemy lines independent off support, what is the point of an infiltration squad that forgot it's weapons at home?
4 Sep 2015, 05:05 AM

Why would I compare them to partisans? They fill a completely different role? Why do these units need to be compared at all other than the fact that they both spawn from ambient buildings?

Why does it burn you up so much that partisans might be better than stormtroopers? But you are just an axis cry baby at this point. I think you made the thread about grens being 6 or 7 pop cap and some obscure reference from relic about the change log and why it should be reverted.

The commander hasn't changed since launch. The stormtroopers have a very specific role in the context of the commander. They are nothing more and nothing less than a unit to help initiate close the pocket. If they get pushed off then you aren't using them in their intended role. Deal with it. :romeoMug:

Why? Didn't I say? Their intended role is different, but partisans do same capping, except they're cheaper.

Don't make me laugh. You called me a cry baby? It's you.
You're just stubborn to admit that a German unit do worth caring as soviet one.
I'm not even bitching like 'Oh, long abandoned partisans got some love? NO Let it be crappy like forever!!'
Before and even now you don't give me enough good reasons to accept your illogical patriotism for Allies.
:clap:

Deal with your own nonsense:romeoPls:
4 Sep 2015, 05:08 AM

4 Sep 2015, 05:41 AM
Donator 11

Why? Didn't I say? Their intended role is different, but partisans do same capping, except they're cheaper.

Don't make me laugh. You called me a cry baby? It's you.
You're just stubborn to admit that a German unit do worth caring as soviet one.
I'm not even bitching like 'Oh, long abandoned partisans got some love? NO Let it be crappy like forever!!'
Before and even now you don't give me enough good reasons to accept your illogical patriotism for Allies.
:clap:

Deal with your own nonsense:romeoPls:

1. I will need you to explain this sentence better, I am having a difficult time understanding your english. "You're just stubborn to admit that a German unit do worth caring as soviet one."

2. You are bitching because stormtroopers aren't getting buffed.

3. It isn't illogical patriotism. As I have consistently said, Stormtroopers are to be used in conjunction with the single most powerful commander ability in the game, the only ability that has the power to destroy four armies at one time (which I have seen it do, was pretty awesome). Because of this, stormtroopers do not need any kind of buffs.

If that doctrine did not have close the pocket, then I would be all for making stormtroopers stronger. But since their main purpose is to sneakily decap a rear territory so that you can wipe an entire army in one click, they don't need to be stronger. If they could spawn and easily clear out whatever might be around a territory point, then Encirclement doctrine would be batshit OP.

TLDR: Close the pocket is hard to pull off, buffing stormtroopers would make that easier, which is a bad thing.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★