Login

russian armor

1vs1 recommended maps and opt outs for OKW and Sovjets

25 Aug 2015, 06:56 AM
Patrion 27

Hello all,

as a returner I'd like to constrain the map pool for the beginning. What maps are appropriate and what are candidates for opt out? I prefer playing OKW and Sovjets. Maybe I could collect some of your impressions. That would be fine.
25 Aug 2015, 07:02 AM
Donator 22

I personally strike stalingrad, bystraya voda, minsk pocket, and road to kharov with every faction.

Stalingrad favors allies because every engagement is short range, in alleyways, favoring short and midrange units over support weapons. Bystraya is just horrible. Minsk and Kharov are narrow, and I hate playing narrow maps because they have a tendency to become campy, and I hate that.

Other maps that might be worth striking: Eindhoven or Kholoodony winter. Eindhoven south spawn is horrible, and incredibly hard to fight from. Kholodony winter left side is also a horrible spawn position.

I'm pretty ok with all the other maps.
25 Aug 2015, 07:30 AM

i always have road to kharov, minsk pocket, crossing in the woods, and langres vetoed, i refuse to play them as soviets
a single mg lock down WAY too much of the map and grenadiers/volks always have advantage because every fight will be a long range one with minimal cover
these maps encourage blobbing too much and because of the maps design its actually quite effective to just blobspam one side of the map then place an mg and move on to the other side with the blob

with mines what ends up happening is that theres just too much open ground and they do minimal damage or just simply not walk over them
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 18
United States 22
unknown 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak