Login

russian armor

Performance issues: good pc- no fps

14 Jun 2013, 16:55 PM

This is exactly why I always tell everyone, repeatedly, to turn AA completely off. Anti-Aliasing needs to be seen as a luxury, most of the time.

Your card should be able to play this game, easily. However, Anti Aliasing for the game might simply not be optimized right now. Run the game at your Monitor's native reoslution, 100% Render Quality and Anti Aliasing off.

Injectors are not always a solution. They tell your video card to do a specific operation on screen(like anti aliasing, or even ambient occlusion) regardless of the game's settings.

This doesn't mean it'll do thing sbetter, in fact, most of the time it won't. You can't ask your videocard to put ambient occlusion in a game that simply can't support it. Even when you manage to put it in, you are forcing it, and the game engine might not be designed to pull it of, resulting in worse performance and instability.

PS: FXAA is not a bad AA. It is not as high quality as SMAA, but its is far more efficient. SMAA, if it is true SMAA should always murder your FPS, when FXAA only bitchslaps it. THAT's the reason most games don't support just SMAA, but combinations (FXAA, SMAA, standard AA). Here's some fast, recommended reading.

14 Jun 2013, 18:01 PM

This is exactly why I always tell everyone, repeatedly, to turn AA completely off. Anti-Aliasing needs to be seen as a luxury, most of the time.

Your card should be able to play this game, easily. However, Anti Aliasing for the game might simply not be optimized right now. Run the game at your Monitor's native reoslution, 100% Render Quality and Anti Aliasing off.

Injectors are not always a solution. They tell your video card to do a specific operation on screen(like anti aliasing, or even ambient occlusion) regardless of the game's settings.

This doesn't mean it'll do thing sbetter, in fact, most of the time it won't. You can't ask your videocard to put ambient occlusion in a game that simply can't support it. Even when you manage to put it in, you are forcing it, and the game engine might not be designed to pull it of, resulting in worse performance and instability.

PS: FXAA is not a bad AA. It is not as high quality as SMAA, but its is far more efficient. SMAA, if it is true SMAA should always murder your FPS, when FXAA only bitchslaps it. THAT's the reason most games don't support just SMAA, but combinations (FXAA, SMAA, standard AA). Here's some fast, recommended reading.

Aren't the only CoH2 AA settings Low, Medium, and High? I don't think there is an "Off" option. That being said, changing from High to Low gave me another 15fps. Keeping all the other settings at their max and lowering AA has given me the best balance of detail and FPS.
14 Jun 2013, 18:24 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

I run the game maxxed out with AA and everything on a lesser card than some mentioned above. It's not the lack of horsepower, its just drivers/software that needs to be worked on. There's no point discussing AA being the killer etc, its just drivers/game optimization.

If you're running a low-medium range card then sure switch off AA and pick up a few extra FPS, but if you have a $400 card and are getting slow downs its obviously not for lack of power to run the game with AA, its just driver/game issues. Check and make sure every driver on your computer is up to date and windows is up to date and if it is still an issue then hope that Nvidia/AMD will release updated drivers for CoH2.
14 Jun 2013, 19:18 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Which care are you running and which drivers?
14 Jun 2013, 19:51 PM
Donator 22

Same for me, running it on an AMD Raedon HD 7800, with no AA and super low settings: still framerates down to 25fps. Not cool.
15 Jun 2013, 04:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2013, 18:24 PMBudwise
I run the game maxxed out with AA and everything on a lesser card than some mentioned above. It's not the lack of horsepower, its just drivers/software that needs to be worked on. There's no point discussing AA being the killer etc, its just drivers/game optimization.

If you're running a low-medium range card then sure switch off AA and pick up a few extra FPS, but if you have a $400 card and are getting slow downs its obviously not for lack of power to run the game with AA, its just driver/game issues. Check and make sure every driver on your computer is up to date and windows is up to date and if it is still an issue then hope that Nvidia/AMD will release updated drivers for CoH2.

Except 7990 or Titans, I really wonder which card can do that performance in this stage
15 Jun 2013, 14:12 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Im using a 6970 2GB. In the latest beta's i get no slowdowns at all, even in blizzards. Game is maxed out. As you can see in the screen shot even with low AA there are no jagged lines. At 1080P+ you will only need low AA as the resolution makes jagged lines less already. Otherwise just turn off Vsync and its buttery smooth.

click for high res link
http://www.coh2.org/file/1504/2013-06-15_00002.jpg
15 Jun 2013, 15:05 PM
Honorary Member Badge

What are the rest of your specs? And how much FPS do you get with these settings?
15 Jun 2013, 15:44 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

i7 3770K 4.4Ghz
8GB DDR3 2100
SSD's in RAID0

Not sure how many FPS i get but its around 60 id guess.
15 Jun 2013, 15:50 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Does the FPS drop for you in the late game? I always start out with 90-100 fps (1v1s that is), blizzards usually drop FPS by 10-15. And late game with all the action/explosions I get 50-60fps.
15 Jun 2013, 16:02 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I have another issue: after playing some games I start having reduced performances, I seem to "lag" at the start and scrolling the map is not smooth...after a period that varies from a couple of seconds to 30 seconds the game becomes smooth again.

Restarting the PC solves the problem for the next "x" games (from 5 to 10 games, after that I start having this issue again)

I am using 13.5 beta drivers from AMD (HD6950 1GB) and I have 8GB DD3 1600. From my Logitech G15 panel I see a huge usage of RAM (around 70-90% when COH2 is running). All the drivers are up to date.

Could it be a problem with the RAM not being used properly? This kind of strange behavior remembers me the problem with Firefox in RAM usage, after some time the browser started using more and more RAM because it wasn't able to clean and liberate part of the RAM it used.

Budwise what do you think?
15 Jun 2013, 16:55 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Could be a memory leak from the program itself. Im not sure.

Im using the 13.4 official drivers rather than the betas.

Do you have any overclock on anything?

GH: No i never see any drop with the settings in my screenshot.
15 Jun 2013, 21:18 PM

Does the FPS drop for you in the late game? I always start out with 90-100 fps (1v1s that is), blizzards usually drop FPS by 10-15. And late game with all the action/explosions I get 50-60fps.

And your spec, sir?
15 Jun 2013, 21:26 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2013, 21:18 PMPorygon

And your spec, sir?

i5 3570k @ 3.4ghz
16GB Corsair Vengeance
ASUS GTX660 TI-DC2O-2GD5

Got COH2 installed on a SSD.
15 Jun 2013, 21:51 PM

For what it's worth, I'm also running a AMD 6970 2GB catalyst 13.1 and I never have any framerate issue at 1920x1080 with everything on high. Blizzard vs non blizzard is all the same for me that I can tell, hovers around 60FPS which is about the limit humans can perceive anyway.

Specs:
8GB DDR3 1600 Mhz
PhenomII X6 1000T Black @ 3.8 GHz
AMD 6970 2GB, 13.1 catalyst version
Win7 all latest patches
16 Jun 2013, 07:40 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

No Bud, I'm not doing any overclock on my machine. I will try uninstalling my drivers and removing them with ccleaner and then installing the 13.4 again.

So the memory leak could be an issue with the game itself? What could cause it in your experience?
16 Jun 2013, 07:53 AM

i5 3570k @ 3.4ghz
16GB Corsair Vengeance
ASUS GTX660 TI-DC2O-2GD5

Got COH2 installed on a SSD.

i5-4670K @ 4.2GHz
8 GB Corsair Vengeance
ASUS GTX670 DC2 OC
Plextor M5pro SSD
Lastest Nvidia driver

can't even get half of your fps
WTF?

maybe I am using dual monitor?
16 Jun 2013, 23:14 PM

I have another issue: after playing some games I start having reduced performances, I seem to "lag" at the start and scrolling the map is not smooth...after a period that varies from a couple of seconds to 30 seconds the game becomes smooth again.

Restarting the PC solves the problem for the next "x" games (from 5 to 10 games, after that I start having this issue again)

I am using 13.5 beta drivers from AMD (HD6950 1GB) and I have 8GB DD3 1600. From my Logitech G15 panel I see a huge usage of RAM (around 70-90% when COH2 is running). All the drivers are up to date.

Could it be a problem with the RAM not being used properly? This kind of strange behavior remembers me the problem with Firefox in RAM usage, after some time the browser started using more and more RAM because it wasn't able to clean and liberate part of the RAM it used.

Budwise what do you think?

It sounds like your card might be overheating... Could be wrong though but my Cat drivers didn't let the fan work at proper speeds unless I used afterburner or Trixx. If anyone has an ATI card install Trixx or Afterburner. I have both installed because Afterburner monitors the FPS onscreen and can cap video better than FRAPS. Trixx allows for much larger overclocks too.
17 Jun 2013, 00:06 AM

It's just "VRAM" problem. VideoRAM of GPU.

maybe, your GPU has 1GB. but, COH2 need 2GB.

it's not problem of RAM or CPU.

OK? Many user has this problem. and me too.

We need change GPU...
17 Jun 2013, 09:18 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

1GB is not enough on 1680*1050? Hmm seems strange as it never happened to me on any other game :\ About overheating, I will check temperatures while ingame!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 35
South Africa 4
Germany 537

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak