Login

russian armor

OKW Support Gun

9 Aug 2015, 14:35 PM

Has anyone else been suffering from dual ISG's? Its happened to me several times and for the life of me I can never stop it.

Every engagement is started with 2 shots from the guns being launched and 9 times out of 10 they hit or suppress my squads I just can't get close or win any engagements! It's even worse when they have a forward Panzer HQ and the ISG's are next to it, it basically kills any advantage I have.

"Build a howitzer" - I do, any it's possibly confirmation bias but I hardly ever hit a thing, or, when counter firing their ISG's, they wipe me before I can them. Cursed things! Any tips?
9 Aug 2015, 18:28 PM

I agree OP.
9 Aug 2015, 18:44 PM

I actually had this happen to me yesterday and it was very tough to deal with. That ended up being the only game I lost but I'll watch the replay and see what I did wrong.
6 Sep 2015, 08:58 AM

it rly is confirmation bias, at least on the current patch as of writing the PAK howi is the BEST mortar at killing other mortars in the game, if you want to see it yourself get the "testmap" and the "cheat commands" on steam workshop and set up a test, save game before switching one of them to hostile and watch them shoot it out, then reload many times and note down who wins most often, i already done this for all the mortars, and PAK howi is the best, with russian 120 on second place, and the ISG on 3rd, ofc a mortar HT can just back off when its wounded vs a teamweapon mortar, so hit and run+repair tactics can beat even the pak howi with a mortar HT, but its a lot of work, and in any case the US doctrinal mortar HT is the best of the bunch
6 Sep 2015, 09:17 AM

is there a buff for ISG?..cause as i remember ppl say that ISG is UP..all i know is that its cost been reduce..but i dont recall the perform being buff,, right?..
6 Sep 2015, 10:16 AM

its just after last patch all mortars have been buffed in lethality of the blasts, so overall they are ALL better, its just ISG is made a lot so ppl noticed right away (ISG and the PAK also have fast projectile travel times and low aimtime compared to mortar so better vs moving armies), but rly try making 1-2 pak howi as USF and watch the scenario OP described happen to ur enemy if u place it right, enemy charges forward and takes 2 howis to the face, if the enemy makes ISG or an ostheer mortar just trade blows with him, knowing your PAK has a higher chance to come out on top than any other mortar (ofc u will still lose sometimes, so be rdy to recrew it and go at it again, but over time you will bleed the enemy more MP than you will lose doing this so its a trade you should take every time)
6 Sep 2015, 10:26 AM

its just after last patch all mortars have been buffed in lethality of the blasts, so overall they are ALL better, its just ISG is made a lot so ppl noticed right away (ISG and the PAK also have fast projectile travel times and low aimtime compared to mortar so better vs moving armies), but rly try making 1-2 pak howi as USF and watch the scenario OP described happen to ur enemy if u place it right, enemy charges forward and takes 2 howis to the face, if the enemy makes ISG or an ostheer mortar just trade blows with him, knowing your PAK has a higher chance to come out on top than any other mortar (ofc u will still lose sometimes, so be rdy to recrew it and go at it again, but over time you will bleed the enemy more MP than you will lose doing this so its a trade you should take every time)

+1 i notice that that pak Howi more accurate when inside their range..^_^
7 Sep 2015, 08:03 AM

You need vision for the pak howi to work well, and giving vision is hard when a Panzer HQ is in the area.

You can use rifle company and flare, it works very well in combination with Pack.

2 paks will kill your economy.

rush sherman + HE shell to quickly depop his ISGs. Problem is Raken in the area :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 25
Netherlands 17
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak