UKF - infantry units

• This thread is locked
PAGES (9)down
2 Aug 2015, 02:38 AM
2 Aug 2015, 02:55 AM
Patrion 14

thx nigod
2 Aug 2015, 03:19 AM

Got to admit, their mainline Tommy infantry seem pretty powerfull; enhanced fire rate while in cover, enhanced sight in cover vet bonus, some freacking scoped rifles...

I wish every faction would have this level of flavor at least concerning their core units (I'm looking at you conscripts)
2 Aug 2015, 03:44 AM

Got to admit, their mainline Tommy infantry seem pretty powerfull; enhanced fire rate while in cover, enhanced sight in cover vet bonus, some freacking scoped rifles...

I wish every faction would have this level of flavor at least concerning their core units (I'm looking at you conscripts)

they can fire faster while in cover?...GOOD! That will put them on par with the axis since they got dem MGs that can insta-suppress
2 Aug 2015, 03:52 AM

As I imagine them explosives are gonna be mandatory agaisn't these guys; LMG grens will be okay as always (thanks to rifle nade) but early OKW is gonna have a rough time agaisn't these Tommies; especially if they garisson.
2 Aug 2015, 03:58 AM

As I imagine them explosives are gonna be mandatory agaisn't these guys; LMG grens will be okay as always (thanks to rifle nade) but early OKW is gonna have a rough time agaisn't these Tommies; especially if they garisson.

Assuming not garrisoned, Sturm flanks will be really rewarding because Tommies are expensive and suck up close from my knowledge.
2 Aug 2015, 04:07 AM

Indeed the best unit OKW has to fight them on paper early game but this increased line of sight vet could make it difficult for them to be flanked.

These match up could end up heavly environement reliant.
2 Aug 2015, 04:11 AM

Indirect fire counters UKF as they are heavily cover reliant. Catch em out of cover, and...

Also, sturms wipe 4 men 35 mp reinforce squads good early game. Then you get fast luchs when they get bigger.

Its late game Axis falls short against UKF.
2 Aug 2015, 04:18 AM

Indirect fire counters UKF as they are heavily cover reliant. Catch em out of cover, and...

Also, sturms wipe 4 men 35 mp reinforce squads good early game. Then you get fast luchs when they get bigger.

Wait, Tommies are 35 mp to reinforce or are you are speaking about sturms? Cause that's insanely high for a core infantry :mellow:
2 Aug 2015, 04:20 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Wait, Tommies are 35 mp to reinforce or are you are speaking about sturms? Cause that's insanely high for a core infantry :mellow:

Checks out with all the other ones.

Grens are 30 each, because they're (240/4 men) X 0.5 = 30 reinforcement cost. Tommies would then be (280/4) X 0.5 = 35 reinforcement cost.
2 Aug 2015, 04:23 AM

Ahhhhh I assumed they were a 5 man squad, my bad :(
2 Aug 2015, 04:25 AM

Pretty much. UKF late game is on par with pre-nerf OKW late game, but with a lot more indirect fire.

2 Aug 2015, 04:32 AM

The more I see of UKF the more I fear for USF. When UKF drops I do dearly hope Relic brings some good changes to USF as UKF seems more and more appealing. Great scaling, effective mainline infantry squad, good through all game and have a multitude of interesting, effective units. But again this is all theory crafting so must wait till Sept 3rd.
Note: Any news on when they'll announce the Sept 3rd changes?
2 Aug 2015, 04:47 AM
Patrion 14

The more I see of UKF the more I fear for USF. When UKF drops I do dearly hope Relic brings some good changes to USF as UKF seems more and more appealing. Great scaling, effective mainline infantry squad, good through all game and have a multitude of interesting, effective units. But again this is all theory crafting so must wait till Sept 3rd.

good post +1.
2 Aug 2015, 04:54 AM

UFK seems to do everything USF does but better. Just look at the AA halftrack; sure it shreds infantry all day, add supression and the fact you get it relatively early and you have a great unit with relativly good mobility.

On the other hand, look at the UFK centaur; sure it's a tier higher and costs 100 fuel, but I think it's preferable waiting a couple minutes to have a unit that can last for the rest of the game and not become an easy target beyond the 15-20 mins point.
2 Aug 2015, 05:03 AM

good through all game

And here is your mistake. Who said tommies good in early game?
2 Aug 2015, 05:04 AM
Donator 11

Yes, i learned that the hard way when trying to use em like shocks XD

I know the feeling
2 Aug 2015, 05:07 AM

yea i hope USF get buffed as well as get new units make no mistake i'll play the brits cuz they seem to have a lot of hard hitting toys that are on par with the axis
2 Aug 2015, 05:07 AM

But you have to recall that both Axis factions are weak in the early game as well. It is some what amusing to see an Allied faction become weak early game but stronger as time goes on just like the Axis factions. If that is true of British being weak early game, that is.
2 Aug 2015, 05:08 AM
Donator 11

While I wasn't there for most of it, from what I heard, read, and sort of played, the Commando made the old vetted Obers look like Conscripts back in Alpha. :P

It was their bloody ambush ability that made them monsters. But I am sure Relic fixed that, coz otherwise they would be so OP. I usually don't say units are OP, except for LMG Obers, but if they keep the same stats it would be a disaster
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS