Login

russian armor

Flame Damage Stacking mechanic?

30 Jul 2015, 12:48 PM

Hello everyone, I was reading the other forums and came across an excellent post by one "Vipper" (I don't want to take credit for what I see as an awesome idea) while discussing how to fix the flame damage dealt. Since the critical damage was removed (or heavily reduced not too sure to be honest but I'm sure someone will correct me) flame weapons have not had the same effect they did before. His suggestion from what I can understand was to add increasing stacks of damage the longer a unit is exposed to flame damage. Of course this would only apply to units susceptible to flame and the stacks would have to decay quickly once out of the effected area. So what do you guys think? worth a look at or no?
10 Aug 2015, 16:26 PM

worth further testing.
10 Aug 2015, 16:28 PM

Infantry based flamers were buffed, "flame effects" such as the various barrages/artillery were just straight up nerfed. This could work for those that didn't get the increased crit chance or AoE like the infantry flamers did.

10 Aug 2015, 16:32 PM

Infantry based flamers were buffed, "flame effects" such as the various barrages/artillery were just straight up nerfed. This could work for those that didn't get the increased crit chance or AoE like the infantry flamers did.

i was unaware of the infantry flamer buffs. Is this in the change logs?
10 Aug 2015, 17:19 PM

i was unaware of the infantry flamer buffs. Is this in the change logs?

Units with flamethrowers will no longer have a chance to explode until they are the last unit in the squad
No more flame criticals above 50% health.
Flame AOE Damage increased from 0.25 / 0. 625 / 1 to 0.4 / 0.7 /1

10 Aug 2015, 18:39 PM

nice, ty :) Would still like to see some sort of stacking mechanic to discourage infantry squad neglect with regards to flame weapons. Might help the flame half track find more use.
10 Aug 2015, 19:21 PM

I think they are fine as they are. Infantry flamers are reliable and do not cause ridiculous wipes anymore. FlameHT is also fine, the only unit which needs some love is KV-8.

In general I think this will complicate things.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 172
unknown 23
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak