Login

russian armor

How to deal with Double OKW in 2v2.

23 Jul 2015, 15:08 PM

Hi there,

Mate of mine and I have been encoutering nothing else but double OKW in 2v2. They outspam us beyond belief. All of them seem to have triple shreck cost reduce bulletins. Rendering light vehicles almost uselsess. Randoms we can take on and perhaps beat, but the arranged teams we can't. One goes kubel and then spams infantry, the other always spams infantry from the start. Double shrecks are there as soon as you rush T70 or stuart (cost decrease bulletin). They both go to one side of the map, overwhelm it with units and stay there spamming anything they can, sending only 2 or 3 squads to other sides just to be annoying. By the time we get tanks, panthers are here. If this isn't horrible enough, they blob their entire army up and attack from 2 sides, each player one flank. You just can't stop those 2 huge blobs.

As far as we know, nothing you can do against it. Maxim's cone is to small to attack 2 spread blobs comming at you, multiple maxims aren't a succes either, they just nade or shoot it to death with their numbers. T70 gets one shotted by the blob. Scot can't fight 2 different blobs, if they reach it, it's doomed. Sherman gets overwhelmed since they always support it with at least one raketten or just let their entire blob shoot at it at once, death of the sherman always the result. Supported with stuka and parked flak HQ on special places on the map and you are doomed.

The only way we have been able to beat one team of them is by having the early game going beyond believe and having the RNG gods on our side. Other than that we get outpsammed hard and outplayed.

Any advice and tips would be helpfull.

Thanks.
23 Jul 2015, 20:53 PM

British sniper
..:)
24 Jul 2015, 00:33 AM

Some ML-20s should sort them out.
24 Jul 2015, 00:51 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Hi there,

Mate of mine and I have been encoutering nothing else but double OKW in 2v2. They outspam us beyond belief. All of them seem to have triple shreck cost reduce bulletins. Rendering light vehicles almost uselsess. Randoms we can take on and perhaps beat, but the arranged teams we can't. One goes kubel and then spams infantry, the other always spams infantry from the start. Double shrecks are there as soon as you rush T70 or stuart (cost decrease bulletin). They both go to one side of the map, overwhelm it with units and stay there spamming anything they can, sending only 2 or 3 squads to other sides just to be annoying. By the time we get tanks, panthers are here. If this isn't horrible enough, they blob their entire army up and attack from 2 sides, each player one flank. You just can't stop those 2 huge blobs.

As far as we know, nothing you can do against it. Maxim's cone is to small to attack 2 spread blobs comming at you, multiple maxims aren't a succes either, they just nade or shoot it to death with their numbers. T70 gets one shotted by the blob. Scot can't fight 2 different blobs, if they reach it, it's doomed. Sherman gets overwhelmed since they always support it with at least one raketten or just let their entire blob shoot at it at once, death of the sherman always the result. Supported with stuka and parked flak HQ on special places on the map and you are doomed.

The only way we have been able to beat one team of them is by having the early game going beyond believe and having the RNG gods on our side. Other than that we get outpsammed hard and outplayed.

Thanks.

Arty spam and mobility to exploit their "blobbing" or turtling on a side of the map.
24 Jul 2015, 01:17 AM

Double Soviets

T1 and T2 respectively

M3 flamers

Kill kubel

Laugh as battlegroup HQ dies under construction

Laugh as second one is killed by T2 Zis guns

Laugh as OKW can't hold you back without Ostheer support.

24 Jul 2015, 01:24 AM

M3 flamers, heavy t2, quardrush followed by su76 spam followed by kv-8, ml 20 spam, double snipers, kat spam.

Double OKW dead this patch, or i have not seen good double okw plays yet.
24 Jul 2015, 06:38 AM

Arty spam and mobility to exploit their "blobbing" or turtling on a side of the map.

Oke thanks!
24 Jul 2015, 06:38 AM

Double Soviets

T1 and T2 respectively

M3 flamers

Kill kubel

Laugh as battlegroup HQ dies under construction

Laugh as second one is killed by T2 Zis guns

Laugh as OKW can't hold you back without Ostheer support.

I shall laugh, many thanks!
24 Jul 2015, 06:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 01:24 AMJadame!
M3 flamers, heavy t2, quardrush followed by su76 spam followed by kv-8, ml 20 spam, double snipers, kat spam.

Double OKW dead this patch, or i have not seen good double okw plays yet.

I have, same 2 guyst constantly. Work togheter flawlessly. Ml 20 is kind of harsh because some maps let the stuka hit it without any effort, such as crossing in the woods.

Thank you for your tips
24 Jul 2015, 07:21 AM

I have, same 2 guyst constantly. Work togheter flawlessly. Ml 20 is kind of harsh because some maps let the stuka hit it without any effort, such as crossing in the woods.

Thank you for your tips

It won't destroy it right away, only decrew and heavily damage it at best.
Repair and recrew. ML-20 is OK even without vet.

Also it is good that Wurfrahmen didn't barraged your AT-guns instead.
24 Jul 2015, 07:39 AM

I have, same 2 guyst constantly. Work togheter flawlessly.

I beat some top double okw teams in last patch, when they were far far stronger, beating them in this patch is walk in the park.

Ml 20 is kind of harsh because some maps let the stuka hit it without any effort, such as crossing in the woods.

And ml 20 can shoot from base to base and kill his whole army on retreat. Besides, stuka does not always kills ml 20 in one barrage, and if OKW got stuka in the first place, it means you failed to press them hard enough.

If you looking for more specialized how-to-wreck double okw with least effort strat for soviets i personally recommend t2 from start, followed by 3 hmgs (on some maps in case of early rush you want script first double or triple (very rare case) hmgs to follow). It is your early game, just 3 squads in addition to starting engies. You should play aggressive, at this point okw does not have units which can stop you. Rush buildings, back cap with engies, cover maxims with each other, as soon as you have scripts which later should be replaced with maxims in buildings, its pretty much gg.

Than all depends on situation. You need for sure only two things: rushed quad and at gun. If you have double fuel control, you should skip at gun, build second engie and start building t3 as soon as you have 80 fuel, its very crucial (and, ofc, retreat your first engi to base prior to that (on 60 fuel or close) to help in construction). If you do not feel confident enough, go at gun than t3 (again, your starting engie should be at base exactly at 80 fuel tick). Than just build m5, upgrade quad asap, concentrate your forces around it and push hardcore, if you do not have double engies yet, build second engie in addition to your starting one, you need them for fast repair,

Now, again, everything is situational. If your enemy do not have at, and you feel you are in strong position and have solid lead, just attack him, push shrecks around, chase squads on retreat to kill them (quad can even decrew OKW base defenses without losing more than half of hp, and you can recrew them with engies supporting your quard, and from there on, its gg), build second quad for maximum destruction followed by at gun to cover quads.

If you are not in good position then you should blob your hmgs with at gun and quad behind (rebuild it if needed, you need reinforcements on the field), use engies to scout ahead (and one of them should be upgraded with sweeper, coz mines is only thing capable of killing quad in good hands). Turtle to OKW hq and start killing it with at gun (attack ground if needed). Even if two of OKW players come at you, at that point of the game you should be able to simply reinforce from quad on max distance, until they all dead/suppressed to death by your hmgs and quad, even if they have puma by some miracle, your at gun should kill/deter it. Thats point where game should be over, 8 or 9 minutes.

But if its not, you should pick terror doctrine and build one shock squad for flanking, start spamming su76s, build ml 20 at good position to fire at hqs/base asap, continue pushing OKW with maxims and at guns reinforced by your quad, and when you get kv-8 attack with it in front and su-76s behind, covered by at gun(s). Your su76s (by that time you should have 4 or 5 of them) should kill any tanks they face, and kv-8 sweep all infantry, use prop arty on blobs, hmg walls or rakketens to make life easier, follow mass retreats with ml20 hq/medhq bombardment.

ONLY thing which can stop those kind of pushes is pak 43, and pak 43 dies to 1 ml 20 barrage, so it should never be a problem.

If you lose with all of that, you were outplayed.

p.s. Stuka can kill ml20 in one barrage, but it is really rare.
24 Jul 2015, 07:48 AM
Donator 11

Hi there,

Thanks.

I LOL'd when you said "outspam us" ahahahahh
24 Jul 2015, 08:34 AM

I think the double okw matchup is the weakest formation. OKW basically needs a ostheer teammate in my opinion.
24 Jul 2015, 09:38 AM

I LOL'd when you said "outspam us" ahahahahh

I lol'd as well, by the fact that they did :foreveralone:
24 Jul 2015, 09:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 07:39 AMJadame!

I beat some top double okw teams in last patch, when they were far far stronger, beating them in this patch is walk in the park.

And ml 20 can shoot from base to base and kill his whole army on retreat. Besides, stuka does not always kills ml 20 in one barrage, and if OKW got stuka in the first place, it means you failed to press them hard enough.

If you looking for more specialized how-to-wreck double okw with least effort strat for soviets i personally recommend t2 from start, followed by 3 hmgs (on some maps in case of early rush you want script first double or triple (very rare case) hmgs to follow). It is your early game, just 3 squads in addition to starting engies. You should play aggressive, at this point okw does not have units which can stop you. Rush buildings, back cap with engies, cover maxims with each other, as soon as you have scripts which later should be replaced with maxims in buildings, its pretty much gg.

Than all depends on situation. You need for sure only two things: rushed quad and at gun. If you have double fuel control, you should skip at gun, build second engie and start building t3 as soon as you have 80 fuel, its very crucial (and, ofc, retreat your first engi to base prior to that (on 60 fuel or close) to help in construction). If you do not feel confident enough, go at gun than t3 (again, your starting engie should be at base exactly at 80 fuel tick). Than just build m5, upgrade quad asap, concentrate your forces around it and push hardcore, if you do not have double engies yet, build second engie in addition to your starting one, you need them for fast repair,

Now, again, everything is situational. If your enemy do not have at, and you feel you are in strong position and have solid lead, just attack him, push shrecks around, chase squads on retreat to kill them (quad can even decrew OKW base defenses without losing more than half of hp, and you can recrew them with engies supporting your quard, and from there on, its gg), build second quad for maximum destruction followed by at gun to cover quads.

If you are not in good position then you should blob your hmgs with at gun and quad behind (rebuild it if needed, you need reinforcements on the field), use engies to scout ahead (and one of them should be upgraded with sweeper, coz mines is only thing capable of killing quad in good hands). Turtle to OKW hq and start killing it with at gun (attack ground if needed). Even if two of OKW players come at you, at that point of the game you should be able to simply reinforce from quad on max distance, until they all dead/suppressed to death by your hmgs and quad, even if they have puma by some miracle, your at gun should kill/deter it. Thats point where game should be over, 8 or 9 minutes.

But if its not, you should pick terror doctrine and build one shock squad for flanking, start spamming su76s, build ml 20 at good position to fire at hqs/base asap, continue pushing OKW with maxims and at guns reinforced by your quad, and when you get kv-8 attack with it in front and su-76s behind, covered by at gun(s). Your su76s (by that time you should have 4 or 5 of them) should kill any tanks they face, and kv-8 sweep all infantry, use prop arty on blobs, hmg walls or rakketens to make life easier, follow mass retreats with ml20 hq/medhq bombardment.

ONLY thing which can stop those kind of pushes is pak 43, and pak 43 dies to 1 ml 20 barrage, so it should never be a problem.

If you lose with all of that, you were outplayed.

p.s. Stuka can kill ml20 in one barrage, but it is really rare.

I have tried this, it works flawlessly. I stopped both shreck blobs with quad and maxim spam. I envetually added a few at guns and 2 t70s. Thank you!
24 Jul 2015, 11:01 AM

Thanks.

After you got that much feedback there is actually nothing more to say.

Still a little tip, take your time to watch your own games as replay and analyse what was good or bad, even by your enemy. You had a hard game vs double OKW, use this as feedback for your own gameplay when trying OKW. (I refer this to your other thread about OKW gameplay in 1vs1).

:thumb:
24 Jul 2015, 11:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 11:01 AMCasTroy

After you got that much feedback there is actually nothing more to say.

Still a little tip, take your time to watch your own games as replay and analyse what was good or bad, even by your enemy. You had a hard game vs double OKW, use this as feedback for your own gameplay when trying OKW. (I refer this to your other thread about OKW gameplay in 1vs1).

:thumb:

Thank you! That is indeed a handy tip! My mate and I have found Soviet with USF combo to be the most effective against OKW. You can spam elite riflemen at the beginning, soviets can bunker down with maxims and you just wait for bazooka/bar blob of doom with scotts and at guns supported by katyushas and su85s.

Works pretty well.
24 Jul 2015, 13:57 PM

early game when I use SU, I don't see any trouble with OKW,
if you start with T0 research AT nade the sec you see kurb
if you start with T1 clown car + eng flame is way to go
if you start with T2 hold your 3rd or 4th unit until you see what enemy brings, if it is kurb get AT gun, if more infantry bring out a 2nd maxim

conscript is better infantry than volks, only trouble is strumpioneer focus fire on those when they try get close.

mid game demo is your best friend if they blob, also against OKW i like use SU76 and Quad more than T70, let your infantry in front to spot for you 2+ SU76 is very good blob counter

USF I haven't use it yet after new patch, so I can't give you any tip
24 Jul 2015, 14:02 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Basilone and I ran into this last night. Probably 10 shrekked Volks on the field at one time. I almost felt like we should have put some 4th of July music to all the demo explosions.

Allies have so many easy ways to counter this including demos, howie, katy, shocks, priest, offmap, etc etc.

Here's the replay, appropriately named ofc.

http://www.coh2.org/file/8581/blobs-vs-demos.rec
24 Jul 2015, 14:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 14:02 PMBudwise
Basilone and I ran into this last night. Probably 10 shrekked Volks on the field at one time. I almost felt like we should have put some 4th of July music to all the demo explosions.

Allies have so many easy ways to counter this including demos, howie, katy, shocks, priest, offmap, etc etc.

Here's the replay, appropriately named ofc.

http://www.coh2.org/file/8581/blobs-vs-demos.rec

Oh yes, I will enjoy this!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight