Login

russian armor

MG 42 suppression reduction?

22 Jul 2015, 21:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

MG42 instant surpresses in green cover?

Not against single squads or 4 man squads but probably 2 conscripts/Rifles behind green cover will get supress depending on how much supress thresshold they get prior to getting in green.
22 Jul 2015, 21:25 PM

The MG42 is as it ought to be.
The game/counterplay it creates is a deep interplay of positioning, timing, flanking, and support, in no way degenerate or harmful.
Edit: that being said, I know it's a very powerful tool, AND that I'm bad at using it. That or it's the AI seeing through the fog of war to avoid my firing arc. I'm compstomp noob. :D
22 Jul 2015, 23:05 PM

The MG42 is fine as it is. If your troops end up on the business end of a heavy machine gun, they should be punished accordingly, either through suppression or horrible deaths. With the latest patch finally bringing the Maxim suppression in line with the rest of the HMGs, all sides need to adapt.

As several others have pointed out, the USF may need early counters to HMGs that aren't gated behind fuel. This, however, doesn't necessitate a change to the HMGs themselves.
22 Jul 2015, 23:10 PM

Permanently Banned
IMO currently mg suppression is too high vs units in green cover. Green cover should be buffed up a bit in terms of protection from suppression. Its moderately difficult to quickly get a squad perfectly in position behind some green cover when an mg is in range, but after a few bursts a squad will be suppressed.
22 Jul 2015, 23:20 PM

Well would you look at that, another player who has only ever played axis factions believes an axis unit is "just fine."

Maybe if more people played USF of Soviets they would understand how frustrating the new MG42 is to play against these days.

but its fine ffs #3
22 Jul 2015, 23:22 PM

Did all the decent players leave the game? Scout with a cheap unit (engineer), spot MG position, flank and force the MG to turn without running your main combat units into it (Early game). Also don't go balls all in when attacking sometimes. It's ok to shoot at the MG to pick off one guy and kite waiting for it to turn then soft retreat.

I swear some of the people who post have had it easy mode blobbing for so long they don't realize the game is actually patched the best it's been without a doubt since release. Playing it longer than like a day since release might help as well...
22 Jul 2015, 23:26 PM

Permanently Banned
One or even 2 mg42s is kind of a pain but I manage. But I've started to notice a disturbing trend when 3 mgs or dual ost going mg spam is becoming a thing. Despite having lower capping power they can basically blockade the map. I've found that cheese rushing a quad into them works well before they can reach critical mass with a 251 but I shutter to think how I'd do it without a quick quad. Especially when they go dual mortar as well.

Basically you have a short window of timing. If you can't get through the mg and mortar wall before he gets enough grens and a 251 it becomes very hard to deal with because you can't trade worth shit.

Need green cover suppression buff for sure. But perhaps a slight build time increase for the mg42 as well.

22 Jul 2015, 23:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Information:
-An MG42 has 6 burst per reload.

-A lone conscript squad at 15m will get suppressed after 6 burst
-A lone conscript squad at 20m-25m will get suppressed after 12 burst
-A lone conscript squad at 25m-30m will get suppressed after 15 burst.

-A rifle squad (5 entities) at 15m will get suppressed after 8-9 burst

At this point you realise that with more entities, suppression increases. Thererfore:

-2 Squads on conscripts on full green cover (12models) at mid to long range (15m-30m), not bunch up together (2 different sandbags) will get suppressed after 4-6 burst of MG fire.

Although 6 squads of 1 model won't get suppressed at the same rate :P

I tested this with invulnerability. Probably the MG42 or other sources will kill models "reducing" the suppression.
23 Jul 2015, 00:13 AM

IMO currently mg suppression is too high vs units in green cover. Green cover should be buffed up a bit in terms of protection from suppression. Its moderately difficult to quickly get a squad perfectly in position behind some green cover when an mg is in range, but after a few bursts a squad will be suppressed.
23 Jul 2015, 00:20 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Definitely ain't quite right at the moment still, but it might be more with the USF lacking the ability to quickly build units to counter it. Bringing out the mortars and snipers work just fine for Soviets even if the map makes flanking difficult.
23 Jul 2015, 00:29 AM
Patrion 14

For a 260MP MG42 is performing fine (imo). I think most of the times the map is the problem, not the units itself.
23 Jul 2015, 00:31 AM
Donator 33

I don't really know how it's possible to "buff" green cover vs suppression.

HMGs already have a 0.1 suppression modifier vs green cover. Reduce that value even further and units in green cover will receive no suppression whatsoever.

Just don't put multiple squads behind the same piece of cover when an HMG is around and you should be fine.
23 Jul 2015, 00:39 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2015, 00:29 AMStafkeh
For a 260MP MG42 is performing fine (imo). I think most of the times the map is the problem, not the units itself.

Back to a major issue with USF facerolling Ostheer, but in reverse.
23 Jul 2015, 02:14 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I don't really know how it's possible to "buff" green cover vs suppression.

HMGs already have a 0.1 suppression modifier vs green cover. Reduce that value even further and units in green cover will receive no suppression whatsoever.

Just don't put multiple squads behind the same piece of cover when an HMG is around and you should be fine.

You could tweak the values between 0.05-0.1

Also, as i show before, with the changes to incremental suppression, it doesn't matter if you put the squads spread out or not. 2 sandbags, one behind another on or the side with 1 conscript on each is enough to get your squads suppressed after 4-6 burst depending on range.
23 Jul 2015, 03:01 AM

Nerf damage is ok, don't ever touch the suppression again, rush to important buildings, I think ally have advantage to take important buildings first.
23 Jul 2015, 05:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2015, 00:16 AMMadness

WOW!. You really are the most disgusting fanboy on these forums. Anyway keep posting i find enjoyment in reading your shit post. Even though it has been proven time and time again that you shouldn't have any say when it comes to balancing

Bravo, you "ad hominem attack" sweetee, you did a great job. By the way, is something wrong in approving someone that said exactly what you would say? Then the person who posted that is a disgusting fanboy also. You insulted 2 people in one post. Good job!

I am realy surprised that the number of people astonished about this "nurf mg42" posts is so low after an entire comunity whined no longer than 1 month ago or such, that COH2 has no blob control / anti blob weapon. When that arrived, now you are crying for nerfs. It's beyond any logic or common sense. But why trying to lie myself? There is no common sense or logic in people like you, and you represent the majority.

Next time when a sensible thing like requesting Mg42 fixing will be asked (as per 1 - 1,5 months ago) I will totaly be against because worst than not fixing a thing is fixing it, letting it to properly work for one month, then totaly break it again.

Why did you people ask for MG42 fixing in the first place? It should have been never changed, if it's to be changed now.

That is truly disgusting for your info. Not approving someone who made a good point.
23 Jul 2015, 06:49 AM

It is fine and I play both sides so Kappa
aaa
23 Jul 2015, 15:14 PM

looks like they removed instant supression of green cover. Its big deal.
May be it was a bug.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment