Login

russian armor

Balance prediction for 4vs4 : Axis domination ?

16 Jul 2015, 16:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2015, 16:21 PMSwift
But they came instantly after 10CP, and would be 11CP next patch. I can feasibly see them ebing built at 4/5/6 CP in the next update.

Interesting, i missed that thanks.
16 Jul 2015, 16:44 PM

Do i understand that you think that the Allies should win in 4vs4 more than before the patch ? Because before Axis is dominating in 4vs4.

What 4 allies commanders would you pick for a 4 men Allies team ?

Thanks

Apologies for being so cynical, I can't help myself. I've seen enough of these threads to know how they end. The time and energy isn't worth it. When and if Legends provides some 4v4AT data, we can continue this discussion.
16 Jul 2015, 16:48 PM

Do you think that the Soviets will be more powerful after the patch ?

Yes. Soviet teching has been redesigned so you can realistically get all necessary vehicles. Before, you were forced to stick with T3 OR T4. Now that a lot of fuel has been shaved off of soviet teching, you now have more fuel to build vehicles or tech further. T3 provides light vehicle support, in which M5 quadmount had been buffed as well as Su-76. T-70 also comes earlier, and the t70 has always been good. T4 has the now more spammable t34/76, the su-85 for more AT power than the su-76, and the always great katyusha. I can certainly vouch that Soviets now play like a working faction instead of an unappealling pile of crap that induced the callin meta.

Also, maxim buff. Though conscripts have received a series of nerfs...
16 Jul 2015, 16:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2015, 16:18 PMJadame!
Axis would be slightly weaker, buts still better than Allies, Allies would be more resource heavy (you need that fuel to spam t34-85s and e8s). Whoever plays without at guns would suffer against rushed m5s and luchs.

Maxims are back and they can suppress blobs.

You can outmaneuver and kill raketen in building no problemo. Just take 1st shot with inf squad, rush m5 and drive circles around, so raketen, which needs window on correct side of building to fire cant catch up and shoot you.

Biggest offender is 330mp ISG so far.

I'm sure you would put some mines to protect the Raketen.

What problem you see with the ISG ? to cheap ? to powerful ?

Thanks.
16 Jul 2015, 16:49 PM

So you think now that the Allies should win more after the patch ?

What do you think will compensate for the Katyusha coming now later? (No more T3 skiping for Sov)

Thanks

If there's communication in the allied team, they should do better.

As for the Katy, applying more pressure on the axis in early-game and spamming fuel caches could do the trick. Because of the tech became more expensive for Ost only OKW can be a problem, but that camping can be countered by smoke and Soviet T2.

Getting to T4 requires 40 more fuel after the patch, it's basically 1-2 min delay of the Katy.
16 Jul 2015, 16:56 PM

Yes. Soviet teching has been redesigned so you can realistically get all necessary vehicles. Before, you were forced to stick with T3 OR T4. Now that a lot of fuel has been shaved off of soviet teching, you now have more fuel to build vehicles or tech further. T3 provides light vehicle support, in which M5 quadmount had been buffed as well as Su-76. T-70 also comes earlier, and the t70 has always been good. T4 has the now more spammable t34/76, the su-85 for more AT power than the su-76, and the always great katyusha. I can certainly vouch that Soviets now play like a working faction instead of an unappealling pile of crap that induced the callin meta.

I'm wandering if Katyusha coming later will help Axis Hmg42, bunker spam,pack and pack(43) negating any early tanks advantage the allies could have had?

Thanks
aaa
16 Jul 2015, 16:59 PM

4v4 is absollutely broken. I dont know germs are playing with themselves there or whatever. IMO even 2v2 is pretty stupid.
16 Jul 2015, 16:59 PM

If there's communication in the allied team, they should do better.

As for the Katy, applying more pressure on the axis in early-game and spamming fuel caches could do the trick. Because of the tech became more expensive for Ost only OKW can be a problem, but that camping can be countered by smoke and Soviet T2.

Getting to T4 requires 40 more fuel after the patch, it's basically 1-2 min delay of the Katy.

Hoping you are right.
Thanks.
16 Jul 2015, 17:02 PM

I'm wandering if Katyusha coming later will help Axis Hmg42, bunker spam,pack and pack(43) negating any early tanks advantage the allies could have had?

Thanks

If you know how to play well, a t70 can easily clear all of those. Ive used m5 quadmounts to destroy all of those as well, and su-76 barrage can help a bit to a certain extent.

Katyusha is your LAST counter against all those things.Slightly later katyusha does not help Axis at all as substantially early light armor means Axis has to deal with you instead of you dealing with them.
16 Jul 2015, 17:04 PM

If you know how to play well, a t70 can easily clear all of those. Ive used m5 quadmounts to destroy all of those as well, and su-76 barrage can help a bit to a certain extent.

Katyusha is your LAST counter against all those things.Slightly later katyusha does not help Axis at all as substantially early light armor means Axis has to deal with you instead of you dealing with them.

I love the Su-76 !!! hoping it will fill that small void.

Thanks for your comments !
16 Jul 2015, 17:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2015, 16:44 PMGdot

Apologies for being so cynical, I can't help myself. I've seen enough of these threads to know how they end. The time and energy isn't worth it. When and if Legends provides some 4v4AT data, we can continue this discussion.

Relic is apparently trying to gather this data on AT vs AT if you caught the last stream. However, it would appear for now that they are at least aware of win/loss ratio and are using is to get a feel on balance. They also made it very clear that this game is for all players including casuals and is not balanced towards just professional players.

Win/loss ratio published by Relic? Why I never thought I'd see the day.

16 Jul 2015, 17:39 PM

I believe Axis will still have the edge, naturally due to the fact that stuka + multiple panthers will have a much better time since t4 is cheaper as Pr0stheer. :foreveralone:
16 Jul 2015, 17:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2015, 17:17 PMNapalm

Win/loss ratio published by Relic? Why I never thought I'd see the day.

Could this be Kyle's doing? If so I would like to have a private chat with our new CM commending him. :foreveralone:
16 Jul 2015, 18:27 PM

Permanently Banned
Atleast with the 30+ fuel per minute 4v4 income, flooding the map with t34/76s backed with TDS wont be an issue. Plus CAS nerf, even an idiot will be able to dodge the strafes now.
16 Jul 2015, 18:41 PM

Don't forget, we might be seeing some SU-85 and T-34 combos flying around. Those are going to be, quite frankly, extremely dangerous.
16 Jul 2015, 18:44 PM

Permanently Banned
Wait for brits.

Allied fanboy wet-dream, I know, because i played them.
16 Jul 2015, 19:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2015, 17:41 PMVonIvan

Could this be Kyle's doing? If so I would like to have a private chat with our new CM commending him. :foreveralone:

Relic has apparently always had a data analytics team. Unsure why it has taken them this long to come forward with the numbers though.
16 Jul 2015, 19:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2015, 19:11 PMNapalm

Relic has apparently always had a data analytics team. Unsure why it has taken them this long to come forward with the numbers though.

Yes they've had one, but the way in which they have been "gathering data" and "withholding" data during the great NDA crisis has been quite interesting. Only recently have we been getting the gold \ :foreveralone: /
16 Jul 2015, 20:13 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2015, 16:13 PMSwonVIP
I think T34/76 spam will be a strong thing in 4v4 games... because it only costs 80 fuel... and yeah just push in with 5 T34/76 and distract your enemy.

There comes a point in 4v4 where pop cap is the limiting factor not resources

And X pop cap of Panthers and King Tigers will beat X pop cap of T34s for just about any value of X I can think of.

That's before we even begin to talk about the better AT support of the Axis
16 Jul 2015, 20:19 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2015, 17:17 PMNapalm

Relic is apparently trying to gather this data on AT vs AT if you caught the last stream. However, it would appear for now that they are at least aware of win/loss ratio and are using is to get a feel on balance. They also made it very clear that this game is for all players including casuals and is not balanced towards just professional players.

Yes, it was interesting to hear them talk about AT, because that is a minority of games and not necessarily the best players but it does mean that that is where the best synergies are

However when Brits come it will be interesting to see what that does to Allied balance.

Currently the optimum Allied load out seems to be around 1-2 US and 2-3 Sov, with things getting weaker the more USF there are.

If the optimum ends up being say 1 US and 1-2 UKF and 1-2 Sov then random loadouts that depart from that will be quite disadvantaged
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★