Login

russian armor

4v4 Matchmaking Broken?

6 Jul 2015, 23:04 PM

Ever since the last patch, in 4v4 I've been matched with new players. Sometimes 1, sometimes 2, sometimes 3. The same goes for the enemy team. I've also seen a total of 8 veterancy stars on my team matched up against 4 completely new players.

What is going on? Unit balance has never been Relic's strong point, but matching up players with some semblance of similar skill was something they kind of managed.

It's getting very tiresome telling noobs not to stand in incendiary flames or not to charge a flak truck with all their men in a massive blob for the eighth time (true story)

Why are new players not being matched with other new players? In the last game I had their entire team were under level 50, two of my team were under level 50. Leaving me and another veteran player. Was it really so tough to find another 2 noobs to match the rest up with? What's going on? The game is becoming unplayable due to having team-mates who have NO IDEA what they're doing. It's no fun for me, and it's no fun for them whilst they're getting hammered by a veteran of 500 games. They should be playing other new players learning at the same time.

Am I the only one? I haven't seen other threads.

hedfunk,

Sovereign of the Potato men.
6 Jul 2015, 23:13 PM
Donator 11

There has been plenty of topics, mostly about "balancing", and not directly about the perceived balance due imbalance by rank distribution.

Nevertheless, known problem for quite some time.

MM doesn't work properly at times with low player count, and completely over extends it's search.
(btw.: level != rank / skill)
6 Jul 2015, 23:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2015, 23:13 PMkamk
There has been plenty of topics, mostly about "balancing", and not directly about the perceived balance due imbalance by rank distribution.

Nevertheless, known problem for quite some time.

MM doesn't work properly at times with low player count, and completely over extends it's search.
(btw.: level != rank / skill)

Thanks. Your final point is correct, however usually a person with a high rank knows better than to endlessly throw a blob and a flack truck to be pinned for the 8th time.

The player count hasn't been massive for ages and yet they still managed to match up players of a similar rank, at least not complete new players. I used to wait 1-7mins for games, no I'm in one within a minute 90% of times. It needs fixed. It's worse than the opel truck bullshit they let happen for nearly a year.
6 Jul 2015, 23:55 PM

The worst for me is when i start searching and immediately get a game with new players. Placement games shouldn't immediately get matched with rank 15 players.
7 Jul 2015, 00:24 AM

Not 100% sure but I think it works like this:
The searching in automatch is based on ELO not on the ingame "EXP PRESTIGE LEVEL" (that has nothing to do with skill at all btw) If all players are unranked in elo "p" on ladder, it will just place them in whatever game is available.
9 Jul 2015, 10:54 AM

There is comp-stomp for 'learning'. Raging getting noobs? Play arranged teams. Better be on this side than another.
9 Jul 2015, 11:23 AM
Donator 11

Just raged about it few days ago in the shoutbox...

I mean okey if you are playing as a new AT team (diffrent configuration) the game will give you a very low elo because you are a "noob" in the eyes of the game... so the first rounds will be against noobs (which is in mind completly unfair)
The game should remind players based on their whole stat although they are playing with another team.
New players will definitly leave the game if they are getting rekt all the time... not very beginner friendly Relic.

So rank 1-50 players still get 10000+ players which will let to frustration for both sides which is poison for the game.
But yeah also the playerbase is not large enough thats another problem

still I think some kind of a skill level based on every game mode or faction would be the best solution (see the idea of helpinghans with the elo faceplates/level)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 64
United States 16
Germany 11
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %