Login

russian armor

GPU bugging in this game.

9 Jun 2013, 10:59 AM

Hello guys and girls.

I have a relatively old gaming videocard, namely a radeon HD4870.
It should run COH2 decently and in fact it does. In terms of frames per second and things like that.

However whenever I run this game my friends get messages that "I'm lagging" including myself.
Mostly my whole game freezes and nothing seems to move for about 5-10seconds.

And after playing each session for about less then 5 minutes my screen blacks out, the game crashes and I get a bug report.

Graphic settings to minimum doesn't decrease my problems. And by that I figure the graphic settings are not the problems. I even updated my ATi drivers to the latest, but also that did not work.

NOTE: So after some google search work I find dozen of people that use the same graphics card as mine whom also suffer the same problems.

1. Company of heroes is one of my favourite games. I want to preorder it. But even although I assume that both ati or sega will fix it I have no insurance on that. So what about it? any suggestions?

2. Or perhaps there's a fix I don't know about, please tell me if there is.

9 Jun 2013, 13:08 PM

Hello guys and girls.

I have a relatively old gaming videocard, namely a radeon HD4870.
It should run COH2 decently and in fact it does. In terms of frames per second and things like that.

However whenever I run this game my friends get messages that "I'm lagging" including myself.
Mostly my whole game freezes and nothing seems to move for about 5-10seconds.

And after playing each session for about less then 5 minutes my screen blacks out, the game crashes and I get a bug report.

Graphic settings to minimum doesn't decrease my problems. And by that I figure the graphic settings are not the problems. I even updated my ATi drivers to the latest, but also that did not work.

NOTE: So after some google search work I find dozen of people that use the same graphics card as mine whom also suffer the same problems.

1. Company of heroes is one of my favourite games. I want to preorder it. But even although I assume that both ati or sega will fix it I have no insurance on that. So what about it? any suggestions?

2. Or perhaps there's a fix I don't know about, please tell me if there is.

9 Jun 2013, 13:11 PM

hi mate you need to change the graphic card. ati 4870 is too old for this staffs
9 Jun 2013, 13:50 PM

Thanks for your input. But I think your dead wrong. Even although the gpu is 4 years old it's still decently enough to run the game. In fact the videocard of the same series is listed as "recommended" as to play this game.

And I get decent frames per second. There is just a bug with my videocard. Whether that bug generates itself from lacking drivers or faulty COH2 programming. This game is still in Beta, and I want to preorder it, but now I don't know if I should.
10 Jun 2013, 00:41 AM
Honorary Member Badge

ask a question
don't like repsonse
ignore response
Profit

im running an ati radeon 5770 adn im running on low/minimum. not able to run it much higher.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★