Login

russian armor

Anti-aircraft as area denial

2 Jul 2015, 15:21 PM
Donator 11

In my opinion, every plane should be a single pass in the style of CAS, rather than a loitering strike. It would make things more deterministic (which I'm a fan of). In which case, the strike would hit as normal if you moved the AA into the zone after the plane has shown up, but the window would be so small it wouldn't "really" matter much in terms of looking weird.

I used to think that having P47s as a single pass would be good, until I realized it would be the most powerful anti infantry off map in the game.
2 Jul 2015, 15:28 PM

Good idea , but i think it dont get into game for some reasons : OKW base cant be reconed or airstriked , also near okw flaktrack hq + medic truck + pak 43 you wont be able to strike etc . This will greatly nerf p 47 i think because all what wil okw tank need it to hide near hq or ostheer tank to hide near scout car (upgunned) or near oswind .

Or for example how would you fix russian plane fuel drop in Lend lease for example ?

As i sayid before : nice concept but still it is having lot problems and exploids.

In my option all we need is to make planes to blow in the air (we will just se big explosion but no damage to units) or planes will crash outside map so they cannot damage units
2 Jul 2015, 18:35 PM

If only AA was just accurate enough to actually shoot down planes before they drop their payload.

Or just add some consistency. Say all air strikes that utilize the same plane trigger a shared cool down, and if the plane is shoot down then add a repair or replacement time onto it. Then give planes veterancy that affects received accuracy so there's incentive to keep them alive.

The biggest problem with planes is that there's no loss if one gets shot down, except in the extremely rare event it gets shot down before serving it's purpose. Maybe a fuel or manpower cost to replace a plane before you can use the strike again if it crashes?

If we just added some reason to actually try to preserve the plane everything would be so much better.
2 Jul 2015, 20:10 PM

Would also be cool to have a doctrinal ability called like "air superiority" or something that grounded enemy aircraft for the duration. So it would essentially be like a blizzard, but only affecting the enemy, for a munitions cost and a shorter duration.

I've thought about this, but I've wondered how well it would work if it worked by sector via OP alternative. Instead of boosting munitions and fuel, there could be an OP that prevents air strikes in the sector.

An alternative could be every one of those OPs gives an 'air superiority' rating that must exceed your opponents' to be able to prevent air strikes. AA units could also contribute to this 'air superiority' rating as well.

I have had a mind to tinker around with it in mod tools, but it'd be a lot of time and effort for something that probably won't work once the next faction is grafted into the game.
2 Jul 2015, 20:48 PM

Just like original Command & Conquer (as GDI, singleplayer only).

Sounds cool but why should plane-based globals get more of a disadvantage than non-plane-based globals?
2 Jul 2015, 23:04 PM
Patrion 14

what about not completely denying air units but rather gimping them a touch.
4 Jul 2015, 16:33 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS