Login

russian armor

KT reduced frontal armor, really??

30 Jun 2015, 22:07 PM

The kt's armor has been reduced froom 425 to 375(same as is-2), based on reality the kt has 25-185mm armor(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_II), and the is-2 has 60-110 armor(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IS_tank_family#IS-2).
That put the kt of being penetratable to even 75mm guns trought the front, couldnt relic just add to usf m6 pershing?
It is just unfair, and they also reduced the obers and sturmpionners damage from 8 to 6, but not the costs.
Also, they didnt reduced the kt cost, nor the turret rotation speed, nor its top speed. Aint its rear armor already too weak, it could already be countered by other means.
30 Jun 2015, 22:48 PM
Donator 33

Realism < balance. Nuff said.

Also: Relic did not nerf Sturmpioneers. Only Ober StGs and LMGs received a damage reduction.

Rear armor: 225. That's pretty much actually. Enough to deflect a few shells.
1 Jul 2015, 15:04 PM

Realism < balance. Nuff said.

Also: Relic did not nerf Sturmpioneers. Only Ober StGs and LMGs received a damage reduction.

Rear armor: 225. That's pretty much actually. Enough to deflect a few shells.

yes, but couldnt they give the usf an m6 pershing instead of reducing the kt's frontal armor?
1 Jul 2015, 15:14 PM

also they nerfed wirefor okw but didn't reduce speed of building it
1 Jul 2015, 15:30 PM

Easiest way to spot a noob in coh2, they think the kt is too weak
1 Jul 2015, 15:44 PM

The kt is not weak, but yes its an easy target when encountered alone.
What i am trying to say is that why did they reduced the kt armor, but they didnt modified any of his weakness to compenss the armor reduction, or instead of reducing the armor, add na m6 pershing to the usf.

1 Jul 2015, 15:47 PM

KT's armor fine. It s about IS-2.. IS-2's armor is high
1 Jul 2015, 16:38 PM

I think the KT was barely viable pre-patch and is absolutely not viable this patch, considering the current potency of tank hunters. (Excluding 3v3 and 4v4)

I wish they would significantly reduce the unnecessary high splash damage (because if you really want to one-shot groups of infantry leave that to specialized units à la Sturmtiger or Brummbär) and give it more armor in return or make at least the spearhead ability somewhat useful.

1 Jul 2015, 16:41 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

I think the KT was barely viable pre-patch and is absolutely not viable this patch, considering the current potency of tank hunters. (Excluding 3v3 and 4v4)

I wish they would significantly reduce the unnecessary high splash damage (because if you really want to one-shot groups of infantry leave that to specialized units à la Sturmtiger or Brummbär) and give it more armor in return or make at least the spearhead ability somewhat useful.

Pretty much spot on.
1 Jul 2015, 16:44 PM

KT is absolutely fine
1 Jul 2015, 18:35 PM

ok mr.smarty pants explain how its a gr8 tank
1 Jul 2015, 18:44 PM

Change your mentality while playing. Kt should be a game-finisher, not a last moment saving angel. So kt supported with an established army during the game = gg. Kt is fine as it is.
2 Jul 2015, 05:23 AM

The kt is not weak, but yes its an easy target when encountered alone.
What i am trying to say is that why did they reduced the kt armor, but they didnt modified any of his weakness to compenss the armor reduction, or instead of reducing the armor, add na m6 pershing to the usf.

Well, I guess Relic should now balance all tanks based on how they perform when encontered alone, right?
How is that even be counted as an excuse to having overbuffed stats like 425 frontal armor?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★