Login

russian armor

I can't get in to this game.

8 Jun 2013, 21:43 PM

I just can't get in to this game. There are a couple of things deterring me from actually enjoying it.

First, everybody is playing Russia. Whether it's because Germany is weak or the default is Russia, I don't really know. If I play as Germany, the games tend to be short. They tend to be short because the opponent is lagging so bad that it prompts me to kick them or the other side quits because they don't know what they are doing.

In the rare event I do get into a game where the opponent knows what they are doing, it's fun. However, I've been at this for the last 3 hours and I've only had one game today that hasn't either been laggy or the opponent has known what they are doing.

Second, the maps they currently have for 1v1 play are bad. I have no interest in playing anything more than 1v1 at the moment because I'm still trying to learn the game (it's not that different from CoH, but there's a bit of subtlety that has me a bit inexperienced). Pripyat needs to ditch the northern or southern water crossing.

Third, the new blizzard mechanic is awful. It doesn't really seem to work all the time (some units are impacted, some aren't, seems random) and the AI, in the event that you do play a compstomp, just ignores it completely. I don't really understand what the purpose of the mechanic is supposed to be.

I want to like the game because I loved CoH, but I just don't see myself buying this one.
8 Jun 2013, 21:47 PM
Honorary Member Badge

that's unfortunate... (i really don't know the point of this or what im suppose to say.)
8 Jun 2013, 22:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2013, 21:47 PMWiFiDi
that's unfortunate... (i really don't know the point of this or what im suppose to say.)

They are my feelings on the game and I'm pretty sure many have the same sentiments. Being a fairly big CoH fan, I can't bring myself to buying the sequel.

It's why nobody is playing the open beta.
9 Jun 2013, 01:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2013, 22:16 PMCredge

They are my feelings on the game and I'm pretty sure many have the same sentiments. Being a fairly big CoH fan, I can't bring myself to buying the sequel.

It's why nobody is playing the open beta.

You cant find anyone good to play because its an OPEN beta and all teh nubs are beein teh nubbiest
9 Jun 2013, 05:44 AM

You cant find anyone good to play because its an OPEN beta and all teh nubs are beein teh nubbiest

Still, there are only about 40 people in the 1v1 queue at any given time, most of them being soviet players at about a 4:1 ratio. That means that if I want to play the soviet side (I'm not sure which I prefer because I can't play the game long enough to form an opinion on either side), I've got about 8 opponents queued for a match.

And so far my experience has been that most lag to the point that I'm prompted to kick them (it pops up over and over and over again). The rest, sans for maybe three total good players, have been very low skill.

When I say very low skill, I mean, I'm pretty bad.
9 Jun 2013, 07:20 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

If you want more of a challenge, there are three tournaments in the next couple of weeks. Maybe playing against some more motivated and experienced players will give you a better impression.

For-fun tourney today: http://www.coh2.org/topic/3579/for-fun-1v1-tourney-sunday-june-9th-5pm-cest

Ip Kai Fung's tournament for teh moneh: http://www.coh2.org/topic/3589/ikf-series-1v1-open-beta-tournament-2

Great, big TFN tournament for all teh monehs: http://www.coh2.org/news/3530/-tfn-coh2-world-championship-1v1-tournament
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★