Login

russian armor

lmgs are to efficient

22 Jun 2015, 18:25 PM

You read the title folks lmgs are to cost effective. They require no micro on the players part and you can a move any where and stomp any opposition.they are effective at all ranges and scale incredibly well, units like agrens and ppsh cons requires you to micro your units effectivly while your opponent just a move lmg grens or bar/.30 cal rifles at you. Buffing mgs so they can handle blobs better is a step in the right direction, but there needs to be a more profound disadvantage for choosing lmgs over rifles or more short range weapons.
22 Jun 2015, 18:50 PM

Okay I think we state obvious in this thread so

I like Soviets
Cat
22 Jun 2015, 18:53 PM

I dont really think that it's that big of a deal. It's just situational. It wont work that well on close range against AGrens or Shock Troops and it certainly wont win long-range against G43s. They work when they need to and they're not overpowered for the cost.
22 Jun 2015, 19:11 PM
Donator 11

maybe they are too cheap? or they should edit the dmg.. the browning is just... ridiculous.
22 Jun 2015, 19:23 PM

Permanently Banned
Lets keep nerfing them until they are useless.
22 Jun 2015, 19:24 PM

Permanently Banned
Exactly what the soviets need, their infantry performing better vs the axis infantry, next to their mediums and heavies.

However the USF lgm blobs of doom are way to much, they should get some nerf and the DP should get some love. The thing is pretty much worthless, I never get it.
22 Jun 2015, 19:40 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

you shouldnt be able to put double M1919 on a rifle squad. Dat shit is broken.

but otherwise Gren LMG blobbing/spam is rock hard countered by allied artillery of all kinds,Ober LMG same story. but WORSE since the squad is expensive as all hell...and DP's arent even needed with PTRS being as good as it is.

m1919 paras should only have 1 LMG too,with the option of getting another BAR or a bazooka from base like the Recon support version.
22 Jun 2015, 20:12 PM

Imo different factions should have different strengths, fine as it is.
22 Jun 2015, 23:21 PM

Permanently Banned
you shouldnt be able to put double M1919 on a rifle squad. Dat shit is broken.

but otherwise Gren LMG blobbing/spam is rock hard countered by allied artillery of all kinds,Ober LMG same story. but WORSE since the squad is expensive as all hell...and DP's arent even needed with PTRS being as good as it is.

m1919 paras should only have 1 LMG too,with the option of getting another BAR or a bazooka from base like the Recon support version.

they costs 70muni

Op is right for the most part. lmgs are too effective for their cost.

Every lmg needs nurfing besides the dp-28 and BAR
22 Jun 2015, 23:41 PM

Its not so much that lmgs need a nerf its more of there counterparts are lack luster, i mean you rarely see thompson paras or g43 grens because its easier and more effective to use lmgs, and not to mention ppsh cons are just extinct. The infantry meta is stale and has been since the march deployment last year, spam as much lmgs as you can and stick to cover.
22 Jun 2015, 23:42 PM

Permanently Banned
Nah, just slightly buff those weapons. Lmgs are in a good spot.
23 Jun 2015, 00:19 AM

I agree with the OP. They are far too cheap, and far too effective. It makes getting them a no brainer.

They should either be more expensive, or they should have a higher penalty at close range.

smg troops > excellent cqc, shit at long range.
Riflemen troops > ok at long and short range.
lmg troops > excellent at long range, good at short.

Telling really.
23 Jun 2015, 00:45 AM
Patrion 15

but otherwise Gren LMG blobbing/spam is rock hard countered by allied artillery of all kinds

Unless you're playing CAS, in which case you can afford to grab mass LMGs and point and click hard counter any field artillery piece and still have enough munis left over to spam s-mines everywhere.
23 Jun 2015, 02:02 AM

LMG42 is just right atm, M1919 and BAR is not, the fact they can fire while moving and each sq can carry two is broken too many time my unit run into USF lmg blob my infantry sq got wipe under 3-5secs as they chase my unit with bulletstorm even i hit retreat the sec saw the blob
23 Jun 2015, 02:07 AM

23 Jun 2015, 02:31 AM

I feel like infantry upgrades like BARs and LMGs might just need to have some sort of fuel cost or tech gate past what they already have in order to make them less spammable... I guess just increasing their munitions cost would work in theory but it'd be nice if there was a more significant trade off for the anti-infantry power you get when you mass them. lmg 42s and 1919s need some sort of fuel cost to unlock them, independent of their existing tech/CP cost, and i think bars need to have their unlock's fuel cost increased. cuz right now i feel like it's way too easy to create deathstar blobs still. also buffing conscript PPsH, vehicle crew thompsons and (possibly) airborne thompsons needs to happen so that they're at least situationally competitive with their LMG counterparts.
23 Jun 2015, 02:58 AM

Cons should get non-doc DP28 2 years ago
23 Jun 2015, 03:16 AM

LMG42 is just right atm, M1919 and BAR is not, the fact they can fire while moving and each sq can carry two is broken too many time my unit run into USF lmg blob my infantry sq got wipe under 3-5secs as they chase my unit with bulletstorm even i hit retreat the sec saw the blob
The bar isn't an LMG. It has the assault rifle profile.
23 Jun 2015, 03:17 AM

• Let's see what the MG incremental accuracy change does to LMG blobbing,then we should proceed with this discussion in earnest.
23 Jun 2015, 04:07 AM

i think it would be cool if all lmgs got a flat -20% accuracy out of cover and regain that 20% when in cover
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Mexico 24
United Kingdom 150
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak