Login

russian armor

Stug G vs. Soviet and Allied armor

PAGES (12)down
19 Jun 2015, 01:24 AM

What will happen after the new patch? Predictions please.
19 Jun 2015, 01:25 AM

I predict the stug will actually be made for once
19 Jun 2015, 01:45 AM

Stug G will hard-counter Allied mediums, but lose to Allied TDs - which is what Panthers and/or PaK40s are made to deal with.

It'll be a great tank for it's price.

Bad vs infantry, but it'll eat up armor for sure. Probably reliable against Is2s too, as long as there are no ZiS around.
19 Jun 2015, 01:46 AM

Stug Gs + Pz4 into Tiger Ace.
19 Jun 2015, 02:06 AM

I can see Stug + Pz4 command tank + Ju87 from Blitz.

Or Stug + 1 Tiger + Ju87 from lightning war.

Su85 and ZiS will still shred StugGs though. Might as well go Pz4 or T4 against Su85s.
19 Jun 2015, 02:12 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Stug Gs + Pz4 into Tiger Ace.

Oh yes,except no P4s. Just #stuglyfe all the way to ace. Maybe some troop training for extra lolcakes. :snfPeter:

19 Jun 2015, 03:48 AM

Spotting scopes Stugs.

If only lefh was worth building...
19 Jun 2015, 07:02 AM

Well, it's rather complicated I guess, I'm positive that are combos that we don't even think at.
First, if I am not mistaken, it is written nowhere that the current efficiency of stugs on infantry (as assault guns) will be nerfed. So they will be moderate against infantry too.

Secondly, the stug advantage over tanks (not tank destroyers) is range. The sooner it will spot them, the bigger the chances to win engagement. Therefore the best combo (in terms of doctrine and or adiacent units) will be with something that helps it spot.
As doctrine, jager armor seems pretty good because it has spotting scopes and recon plane. In terms of soptting units, snipers or camo units in front will work just fine.
Use of mortars or other kind of balistic weapons or off-map strikes will also be necessary because of at walls that stugs may encounter, but this combo will push you towards a static/turtle play.

Probably an infantry blob push followed from distance by stugs will be also something hard to stop and I'm thinking at CAS (off map planes and plenty of amo for infantry upgrades) and mechanized assault (strafe stuka, off map light arty and AGs) here.

But I'm sure these are just a few things of what could be done with stugs.
19 Jun 2015, 07:30 AM
Donator 11

I was in alpha. And I need to tell you - Stug will be borderline OP.

3 stugs will kill any allied armor but IS-2 before you have time to react. The penetration is almost guaranteed and compbined with the stun ability 2 or 3 stugs will give allied no way to react - they get spotted, stunned and instantly killed. No sure if the ROF nerf was in alpha.

But im dissapointed that they didnt swap the t34/su76 like in *coughalpacough* (as seen on the webz).
19 Jun 2015, 07:35 AM

Prediction is that it wont survive to 10cps. The swarms will take it and then the carnage can begin.
19 Jun 2015, 07:49 AM

The lack of 60 range will make it very hard to use against good players because AT guns will be able to drive it off extremely easily.
19 Jun 2015, 08:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2015, 07:30 AMhenka
I was in alpha. And I need to tell you - Stug will be borderline OP.

3 stugs will kill any allied armor but IS-2 before you have time to react. The penetration is almost guaranteed and compbined with the stun ability 2 or 3 stugs will give allied no way to react - they get spotted, stunned and instantly killed. No sure if the ROF nerf was in alpha.

But im dissapointed that they didnt swap the t34/su76 like in *coughalpacough* (as seen on the webz).

+1
19 Jun 2015, 08:09 AM

The Stug will be actually a viable unit that you can plan your strategy around instead of a vehicle you produce in despair when you don't have enough fuel for a P4.
19 Jun 2015, 08:15 AM
Donator 22

The lack of 60 range will make it very hard to use against good players because AT guns will be able to drive it off extremely easily.

use some infantry to spot for AT guns ;)

2 stugs with target weak point and a pak or p4 are not that bad. You can target weak point a tank several times and with the buffed pen it is even more better.
I used the stug in Alpha a lot of times, but when you get flanked = rekt :D
19 Jun 2015, 08:20 AM

use some infantry to spot for AT guns ;)

2 stugs with target weak point and a pak or p4 are not that bad. You can target weak point a tank several times and with the buffed pen it is even more better.
I used the stug in Alpha a lot of times, but when you get flanked = rekt :D

Oh I'm not saying it will be bad, I'm just saying the 50 range will be a pretty big issue for it. It would be nice if they put it up to 55 range as a nice middle ground.
19 Jun 2015, 08:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2015, 07:02 AMJohnnyB
Well, it's rather complicated I guess, I'm positive that are combos that we don't even think at.
First, if I am not mistaken, it is written nowhere that the current efficiency of stugs on infantry (as assault guns) will be nerfed. So they will be moderate against infantry too.

Secondly, the stug advantage over tanks (not tank destroyers) is range. The sooner it will spot them, the bigger the chances to win engagement. Therefore the best combo (in terms of doctrine and or adiacent units) will be with something that helps it spot.
As doctrine, jager armor seems pretty good because it has spotting scopes and recon plane. In terms of soptting units, snipers or camo units in front will work just fine.
Use of mortars or other kind of balistic weapons or off-map strikes will also be necessary because of at walls that stugs may encounter, but this combo will push you towards a static/turtle play.

Probably an infantry blob push followed from distance by stugs will be also something hard to stop and I'm thinking at CAS (off map planes and plenty of amo for infantry upgrades) and mechanized assault (strafe stuka, off map light arty and AGs) here.

But I'm sure these are just a few things of what could be done with stugs.

AOE changed from 1.5 to 0.5. This means its main gun is just like other TDs vs infantry. Without mg upgrade its useless vs infantry.
19 Jun 2015, 08:50 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2015, 07:02 AMJohnnyB

With the health buff, spotting the enemy medium early is no longer really a requirement. The stug g needs the same ammount of shots to kill a medium tank (sherman, t34-76) as the medium tank needs to kill the stug. The difference is however that the stug has faster reload (sherman 6.05, stug g 4.25) and 0 chance to have a shot deflected. So as long as it doesn't get flanked it should come out ahead even if it fires the first shot slightly later than the medium tank. The deflection chance of a medium on a stug is also rather good from the front at 14%/28%/42% or 32%/44%/55% when the stug reaches vet 2.
19 Jun 2015, 09:03 AM

With the health buff, spotting the enemy medium early is no longer really a requirement. The stug g needs the same ammount of shots to kill a medium tank (sherman, t34-76) as the medium tank needs to kill the stug. The difference is however that the stug has faster reload (sherman 6.05, stug g 4.25) and 0 chance to have a shot deflected. So as long as it doesn't get flanked it should come out ahead even if it fires the first shot slightly later than the medium tank. The deflection chance of a medium on a stug is also rather good from the front at 14%/28%/42% or 32%/44%/55% when the stug reaches vet 2.

I was referring to spotting as a counter-flanking feature. If you see what it's coming to you, you have a chance to react and face the tank destroyer to the right direction or back up.
19 Jun 2015, 09:25 AM

Oh I'm not saying it will be bad, I'm just saying the 50 range will be a pretty big issue for it. It would be nice if they put it up to 55 range as a nice middle ground.

If they removed TWP yes. Otherwise it would be way too good. In fact, I´ve got the strange feeling that the new StugG might be a bit too effective at sniping medium tanks now with the increased penetration and TWP.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS