Login

russian armor

Sturmtiger heavy or not? #heavy rule new patch

Sturmtiger is not a heavy tank but a heavy mechanised arty piece so it should not included in the new heavy rule of the new patc
Option Distribution Votes
52%
48%
Total votes: 23
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
18 Jun 2015, 08:28 AM

Dear Relic,

First I want to congratulate you guys with the new patch. It is awesome finally some love for the stug and the SU-76 :banana:. I also think that the new rule: one heavy on the field for each player, is a good decision. It will give the mediums and the lighter vehicles a new live.

There is only one thing. Why include the Sturmtiger to this rule? I'm really thankful that you showed some love by decreasing its veterancy requirements, but I think the Sturmtiger should not be included to this new rule.

First of all the Sturmtiger isn't a tank, its a really heavy mechanised arty piece. It is not a tank, it also doesn't act like a tank since most of the time it is out of action bcs it is reloading. And the few times it is in action it mostly scares of blobs without doing actual damage or shooting(totally fine with me).

Secondary the Sturm tiger is not a heavy tanks bcs of its cost if you ask me. 560mp and 160 fuel. If you compare this to the cost of a really heavy tank it is actually not a lot of resources.

Also the OKW is a faction that heavy leans on heavy tank usage thanks to the design. So if you want to build a Sturmtiger that immediately means that you cant get a Kingtiger or a Jagdtiger anymore which both are crucial to counter for example a Jackson spam.

In my opinion there is a big difference between the Sturmtiger and the Kingtiger&Jagdtiger. The King and the Jagd are most of the time when they are on the field in action. They have a big influence and presence on the battlefield because they are able to continually be fighting. The Sturmtiger has only some influence on the field for a few seconds when it is scaring of blobs the rest of the time it is reloading or waiting.

So in a faction that leans heavily on heavy tank usage, it is a big gap in the power of your army if you choose a Sturmtiger (which is still really useful but not as good as a heavy) which makes you unable to get a Jagd or a King. I think this problem mainly plays a role in 1v1 and 2v2 bcs in 3v3 and 4v4 you are able to field at least each one of them once at the same time.

I'm not an axis fanboy or a noob i'm just a decent player who doesn't like to choose between a heavy mechanised arty piece and a heavy tank, because choosing one makes you unable to get the other one without losing the first one, and both are really useful bcs they own a high speciality in the job they do. So Relic I beg you don't do this to us:help:o_O. In game it is still classified as a medium tank since it gets the medium tank skin I propose keep it that way.

Greetings a CoH2 fanboy

http://www.companyofheroes.com/en_gb/player-stats/steam-name/countdooku599

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/67-coh-2-changelog?filter_time=time_lastmonth

18 Jun 2015, 09:13 AM
Patrion 15

From the patch notes:
Super Heavy Call in Vehicles (Tiger, Tiger Ace, Elefant, IS2, ISU, Jadgtiger, Sturmtiger, KV2)

First of all, I'm not sure if the limit of 1 will be applied while the Sturmtiger is not a call in, unless that change was in the patch notes, but I can't see it mentioned anywhere.

Also, they aren't super clear if it is a limit of 1 Heavy Vehicle of any type on the field at a time, or if it is 1 Heavy Vehicle of each type on the field at a time.
18 Jun 2015, 11:30 AM

Going off my alpha experience where I built 2 KT's in one game, it's callins only. Second, a player can only call in one example of a particular vehicle. Let's say there's a hypothetical Soviet commander with the IS2, ISU152, and KV2. A player would be able to have one of each on the field, but no more than one.
18 Jun 2015, 19:17 PM

Going off my alpha experience where I built 2 KT's in one game, it's callins only. Second, a player can only call in one example of a particular vehicle. Let's say there's a hypothetical Soviet commander with the IS2, ISU152, and KV2. A player would be able to have one of each on the field, but no more than one.

O that sounds way better to me, but the notes weren't very clear so i was scared of losing my lovely sturmtiger
18 Jun 2015, 19:21 PM

From the patch notes:

First of all, I'm not sure if the limit of 1 will be applied while the Sturmtiger is not a call in, unless that change was in the patch notes, but I can't see it mentioned anywhere.

Also, they aren't super clear if it is a limit of 1 Heavy Vehicle of any type on the field at a time, or if it is 1 Heavy Vehicle of each type on the field at a time.

because NDA, NDA NDA, and so on :)

Issue here is that the second patch has more changes than you can imagine!

Edit: If you would see the whole game you would just freak out! :crazy:
18 Jun 2015, 19:44 PM
Donator 11

it will be funny when usa gets its beloved pershing. It will have to be limited as a heavy callin tank but if you leave it you will be able to call in another one Kappa. Or they can tie the limit to a vehicle on the field not an owned vehicle but then if your tank gets stolen its gg as you have no heavy and enemy has 2 so its even more stupid.
20 Jun 2015, 14:51 PM

it will be funny when usa gets its beloved pershing. It will have to be limited as a heavy callin tank but if you leave it you will be able to call in another one Kappa. Or they can tie the limit to a vehicle on the field not an owned vehicle but then if your tank gets stolen its gg as you have no heavy and enemy has 2 so its even more stupid.

Just a-move this squad to the enemy's base ;)
20 Jun 2015, 15:30 PM

Permanently Banned

That is probably why the USF will never get a pershing. If they get it, we will see the priest pop out scandall all over again
20 Jun 2015, 16:21 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Probably because The m26 isn't a heavy tank, statistically, realistically, or at all.

It's a slow ass medium.
Which means no limit.
If it's gonna be like any thing, it'll be a USA panther thats much slower.
Or the counterpart to the British c(NDA :foreveralone: ) which won't have limits either.
20 Jun 2015, 17:14 PM
Donator 11

Probably because The m26 isn't a heavy tank, statistically, realistically, or at all.

It's a slow ass medium.
Which means no limit.
If it's gonna be like any thing, it'll be a USA panther thats much slower.
Or the counterpart to the British c(NDA :foreveralone: ) which won't have limits either.

Well roughly in reality and in vcoh pershing was the counterpart of a tiger, it has basically same performance and spec (with the difference of 2mm in gun and sloped armour), in vcoh it had same stats and cost if I recall correctly. In fact it is much more similar to the tiger than its coh2 counterpart - IS-2. The only reason not to call it a heavy tank is a fact that it came in in 1945 so when the time of heavy tanks just ended. I'm pretty sure relic will call it heavy callin tank just like they did in vcoh.

As for British tanks: if you refer to churchil then it is more a counterpart of KV-1 so no limit is correct. If you refer to comet then it is a crusier tank that is more of a counterpart to panther than any heavy tank (fast, strong frontal armour, weak rear armour, 77mm gun and so on)
20 Jun 2015, 17:30 PM

they should implement mechanics so you can't access abandoned tank if you have already that type of heavy tank or your population limit is over a limit. I really hate when USF can have more tanks then pop limit allow. :(
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★