Login

russian armor

Unit abilities in multiplayer

7 Jun 2013, 17:22 PM

Firstly, I really like the game. Was a bit sceptical after alpha and closed beta, but now I'm hooked. I have still some issues with USSR design. So here we go:

1) T1 scout car - very abusive unit, you basicly get huge mobility plus extra firepower for your flamer unit. Not to mention how annoying is when you see sniper riding in his clown car. So why you need good old flanks when you can just drive past my mg42 and kill it with fire in 5 seconds. I would greatly see this unit in T2 building or better as upgrade you have to buy in T1 for ammunition and manpower.

2) Guards buttoning... Really Relic? Couldn't this ability just destroy tank engine or even break treads of tank? Isn't this little too powerful and plain boring that T2 units can on they own without AT guns support destroy tanks, especialy tanks designeg to kill infantry?

3) T-34 ram. I don't know who designed USSR faction, but oh man, that person really like abilities that you can abuse and that allows cheaper and weaker unit to own high tier pieces of armor ;) This ability shouldn't be in game too in my opinion. I saw someone propose that T-34 can use ram when it's main gun destroyed, that could work. You could make it work only when T-34 is at about 25-50% of it's hp or at least make this ability unlocked when you hit vet 1.

EDIT:
First post on forum and already in wrong thread :) Would be glad if someone could move this to COH Gameplay forum.
7 Jun 2013, 17:30 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Nah I think this fits in the balance forum just as well as the gameplay forum.

1) The scout car, and in general Kangaroo Carriers v2.0, are pretty silly. Troop transports really break the infantry game that CoH is so famous for and it would probably be better if they weren't mobile death platforms.

2) I agree. Buttoning is such a dumb ability. What Relic should've learned from OF is "never do anything like the British again." Instead, buttoning and Kangaroo Carriers are back with a vengeance.

3) T-34 SUPREMACY WOOOOOO but yes ram is ridiculous.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 35
United States 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment