Login

russian armor

Teach you to play USF and win

13 Jun 2015, 17:21 PM

I don't know why I keep teaming up with noob usf in automatch, USF is a strong faction if you know how to play it , and please let yourself be more helpful to your teammates.

Early Game:
2 - 3 Riflemen + Rear Echelon Troops
Do not spread your troops too far from each other,
Use Rear Echelon Troops to build forward bunker, cover a place where axis will be attack. Remember Echelon can jump into bunker and launch effective rifle grenades. Try to at least defend one fuel and cut enemy fuel connection .

Mid Game :
Lieutenant + AA Half-track + M2HB .50 cal
Once you have 50 fuel you have to build Lieutenant and then build AA Half-track 60 fuel as fast as possible . Because if you can build it fast enough, your enemy properly lack of anti tank. AA Half-track can dominate blob of infantries , MG , bunkers , and enemy in houses.
But remember to use it carefully , always use it as MAX range , for keeping it safe. [ U] to backward and [Right click] to check its range. Let your riflemen go infront of it to have sight , avoid to let your vehicle attack alone.

Soon enemy will make anti-tank to counter your AA truck, then you should rely on M2HB .50 cal, to help defend your important territories.As anti-tank guns are not effective towards MG weapon teams, combine it with your riflemen squads .

I recommand choosing "Infantry Company", as it unlocks sandbags , Browning LMG , Artillery Barrage. Try to give your riflemen LMG to make them more effective, by pressing [E] to suppress enemy. The 180 munitions Artillery Barrage is useful to take out OKW T4 Flak Gun and Pak64 emplacement. Do not waste the Barrage on mobile infantries and vehicles.

Late Game:
M8A1 Howitzer Motor Carriage+M36 'Jackson' Tank Destroyer
M8A1 is necessary as axis infantries become more powerful in late game, if you only rely on MG and riflemen , will be horrible. M8A1 is accurate and very powerful to kill infantries in range, without taking much risk. When infantry blob suppressed by mg with the M8A1 attack, will drain up enemy man power.

Jackson is use to take down enemy armor , always use [Shoot Vehicle Only] ability, and let it stay behind the line , ambush or attack from long range.Remember do not try to fight any axis tanks face to face in close range.

FOR USF TO GAIN SIGHT
It is important to have sight of enemy position for your Artillery barrage/Jackson, and flanking attack. The only way to gain sight is to use your riflemen, but it could be very dangerous (like OKW T4 Flak Gun) and drain up your man power. REMEMBER to use M8A1 perfect free smoke ability to cover your riflemen before gain sight from enemy position.

PS : You might get a medic truck and setup retreat point when you are upper hand.
13 Jun 2015, 19:08 PM

Weak to Luchs, Ostwind, or Stug E rush. With infantry company four riflemen, Captain, AT guns, Stuart, HMC, Jackson is the best army composition.
13 Jun 2015, 19:29 PM

I do like getting the AA halftrack in team games since Axis gets really blobby.

This strategy of yours takes a big risk from AA halftrack to Major tech. There is an inherent big disadvantage in going Lieutenant that a decent Axis player will exploit the second they see that single bar. I would go Captain or at least get a zook squad or M20 for mines before major. Ya it slows the Sherman but proper micro of Lieutenant and Captain tiers should win you map control before their medium armor shows up and is safer.
13 Jun 2015, 19:50 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Weak to Luchs, Ostwind, or Stug E rush. With infantry company four riflemen, Captain, AT guns, Stuart, HMC, Jackson is the best army composition.

This, minus the Stuart(at least for now :foreveralone: ), and then Sherman Sherman Jackson Scott's , unless vs CAS, or volk spam, then flip that.

I don't like AAHT at all unless I know I'm way better than who I'm playing... Good players will always have AT when it comes and they'll punish you with a quick tank.
13 Jun 2015, 21:02 PM

Going Lieutant is fine if your Airborne or Armored, because Wolverines and dropping AT guns.

The AA Halftrack is great if a Wehr opponent builds a Scout Car first out of T2, and not a Pak. This is becoming very common because of the four Gren Sniper meta. With micro, you can swoop in with the AA track, kill his Sniper and Scout Car, then high tail it out of there. For this to occur you need impeccable timing, but it can be done.
13 Jun 2015, 21:22 PM

please don't post a rigid and brittle strategy as though it's the only way to win as the usf. it's rather pretentious and will earn you defeats against teams which don't like to follow flow charts.
14 Jun 2015, 10:19 AM
14 Jun 2015, 10:58 AM

Lvl isnt a big thing!!

If u lack AT, every fast OH tank is going to rek u. A well placed mine and the AA HT is gone,every Ok Ostheer player got his Pak 40 at minute ~8. u have no AT, ur Key AI is gone or not very usefull for Pushs and the okw/ oh player just build his StuG, PZIV or luchs, now u can tech AT or just going for the Major.If u have the needed fuel and MP !! the axis can roam the field a few minutes with theyr tanks!!the Tanks will dominate the field until u get AT or Tanks. It depends hard on who is ur teammate US / SO.

And u should look what ur teammate is Teching or atleast tell him what u are going to tech

28 Jun 2015, 00:14 AM

TL:DR Scott = best mobile mortar carrier in the game.

10/10
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS