Login

russian armor

Did the NDA help or hurt the Hype.

Did the NDA buff or nerf your hype for the new release?
Option Distribution Votes
12%
55%
33%
Total votes: 132
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
26 May 2015, 19:20 PM

Just curious to what peoples feelings were towards the NDA.
26 May 2015, 19:27 PM

You mean the new army? I'm completely indifferent. They haven't even officially announced it so there is no hype being generated. It would definitely hurt relic if alpha footage was leaked without them even announcing the army, so I think its necessary for now. In the future when they actually try to gather hype then the NDA could do some damage as it has in the past.
26 May 2015, 20:14 PM

Not sure what you mean. You mean that a NDA can create a hype in itself? A hype is usually connected to something and as far as I am aware Relic havent announced anything.
26 May 2015, 20:32 PM

This whole NDA thing is silly. Especially since there are leaked Alpha notes. Not hyped.
26 May 2015, 20:35 PM
Benefactor 115

It nerfed the hype for the current state of the game, especially when you realise it will be like this for quite some time
26 May 2015, 20:48 PM

What hype are we talking about?

They said the release date wo.d..dojf--u...b.... *static voice ...eas...e:banned: and the new fa.,cthf..i...on .----;^ˇis :banned: :sealed:

*Relic NDA Task Force shuts me down for good.
26 May 2015, 21:10 PM

Can't help or hurt something that isn't there.o_O
26 May 2015, 21:22 PM

I think it helped alot. Forbidden fruits are realy tasty...

Look at the forums or any other source, it´s not realy a hype ,but it surely helped to spread the word...

As a side-effect noone at relic could be blamed for making false promisses or the like. Viral-marketing at it´s best.
26 May 2015, 21:31 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I see I am in the majority..
26 May 2015, 21:34 PM
Benefactor 355

NDA in dis case is ridicules. If you give private alpha access to large group of people but you leave out a whole another group, you are naturally going to have a whole bunch of butthurt individuals. Rampant NDA leaks are just a side-effects of such bad decision. Furthermore, #virgin mods of coh2.org can't wait to feed their pretty little self-esteems and hit dat quality ban button and shut down every form of excitement.

To cut da story short, if you want people to test, don't divide da community with some private alphas. Give open access to everyone and have a few additional volunteers filter out important stuff on da feedback forums.
26 May 2015, 21:36 PM

I am indifferent. On the one hand I hate the way Relic has handled the whole NDA scheme, on the other some things do require NDA so the fanboi realm doesn't explode like it did in the old open-alpha. Then again our closed alpha atm I hear could possibly have certain people that shouldn't even be near the game, let alone giving balance advice. But these are only rumors. NDA pls. :foreveralone:

TBH What Hype honestly exists? None. So NDA really doesn't add or negate much hype if any.
26 May 2015, 21:37 PM

relic fails at generating hype.
26 May 2015, 21:40 PM

I see I am in the majority..

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Mark Twain :sealed:

26 May 2015, 22:50 PM

Permanently Banned
Anybody who remotely cares can find the alpha notes somewhere. Just wish they'd release the patch already. This whole patching once every 3 months is pretty stale.
27 May 2015, 00:13 AM
Donator 22

I wrote indifferent because either way, I was gonna purchase this content just like 95% of you commenting here will.

For the VAST MAJORITY of the players who will purchase the new content, the NDA makes no difference as I believe those folks are completely unaware of the new content at this point.
27 May 2015, 02:29 AM

Permanently Banned
Never gonna buy brits unless they are like $0.99. Soviets or go home.
27 May 2015, 02:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 00:13 AMMortar

For the VAST MAJORITY of the players who will purchase the new content, the NDA makes no difference as I believe those folks are completely unaware of the new content at this point.

This is sadly true.
27 May 2015, 02:52 AM
Patrion 28

i feel like the whole NDA mess itself generated some negative hype but overall the lack of information and repression of the information that did get out hurts hype over the brits (who technically still haven't been announced yet; UKF does not necessarily equal brits even though the army is in face the brits)
nee
27 May 2015, 05:19 AM

This depends a lot on why Relic wants an NDA in place, and whether having an NDA accomplishes what they want.

On the other hand, you'll find that they never did an NDA for things like the open beta they had last year. It's only natural to hazard a guess that they see a public beta and a private alpha very differently.

As for hype, I think they just want to control the hype and no have it spiral out of control. If I introduce ideas in my videogame and there is high chance of major revision, I wouldn't want potential customers to know and assume those will be in the final product and either buy it and be disappointing, or don't buy it on false information. It's not like everything they're doing in an alpha will go into release product without ANY change.
27 May 2015, 05:29 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Furthermore, #virgin mods of coh2.org can't wait to feed their pretty little self-esteems and hit dat quality ban button and shut down every form of excitement.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 57
unknown 7
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak