Login

russian armor

Top US things to do

26 May 2015, 09:59 AM

Oregon is possible if time is left at the end of the trip. Our last stop is basically San Francisco.

I checked on the way old arcade / retro game places so yes they are definitely something that interests me.
26 May 2015, 10:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2015, 09:59 AMFlamee
Oregon is possible if time is left at the end of the trip. Our last stop is basically San Francisco.

I checked on the way old arcade / retro game places so yes they are definitely something that interests me.

If you plan to check out Oregon, take a look at the Coast, drop by and visit me in Coos Bay for an hour. We'll grab a beer at the Blue Heron or something. Also an old theater and an arcade in this town. But the Blue Heron might feel more familiar, it's a German pub.
26 May 2015, 11:12 AM

I'm assuming your going east to west, in that case stop in to Rhode Island as we are having our annual, Rhode Island National Guard Open House Airshow, and it's always a blast, the US Navy Blue angles will be here, and much more, so stop on in its May 30th and 31st (:
26 May 2015, 15:35 PM

Portland, Oregon for the beer and the weirdos. There's also a great selection of national parks to visit.

In New York, try to get into a TV show audience. The Daily Show for example. They release tickets online a few days before airing. It's free (I think) but you have to claim em fast. Go to a Broadway show.
26 May 2015, 15:56 PM

Cool tip that TV show audience. Will definitely try that!

We have pinned like a million national parks on our route, mainly to western coast.
26 May 2015, 16:03 PM

Texas is nice, Fort Worth stock yards, San Antonio has some good buildings left from the Spanish colonist(the Alamo being the most famous), Dallas has a nice new museum called The Perot Museum with interactive activities for all ages. If you make it down south to the coast, there is some really good aquatic centers and sea food in the Galveston and Corpus Christi areas.

If you came during the fall you would be able to go to the Texas State Fair, which is one of the biggest state fairs in the country.

Here is the official travel Texas website: https://www.traveltex.com/travel-guide?sctp=ppc&scvn=google&scsrc=google_search&sckw=texas%20tourism&gclid=CjwKEAjws5CrBRD8ze702_2dyjYSJAAAJK9yFeTZm7iO-zONA_Xjv-4iKH3QWvLpi_oZs2ZFouYSTBoCswzw_wcB
26 May 2015, 16:06 PM

It sounds like you are looking to do mostly camping and traveling. Any of the many national parks (or as many as you can visit) will provide many excellent things to do.

DC and New York are both loaded with museums. You could probably spend months at both locations just visiting those. While in NY I would strongly recommend visiting the American Museum of Natural History. Of course there is the Met, which is probably also a top visit. I would also recommend visiting the USS Intrepid, which sits moored in the Hudson River. You are also going to pass through Philadelphia, our original capital and you will find plenty to do there as well, besides great food. Check out the waterfront as well as the historic district. If you want you can cross the Delaware River and see the USS New Jersey, which is now a museum.

If you have time, I would also recommend visiting Boston. Another great city, and a huge number of things to see and visit.

As you travel across the country, if you are in a car, make sure you stop in Denver, CO. This is a very nice city and is the "Gateway to the West" There is lots to do there. Keep in mind the distances you are traveling by car will take a long time.

By the time you get to the West Coast you may be exhausted but Seattle is an amazing place. The seafood is unbelievably good, shipped overnight from Alaska, and there are lots of cool things to see. If you are there make sure to visit the Boeing Museum, producer of the mighty B-17.
27 May 2015, 03:07 AM
Patrion 28

i think you should build riflemen on your trip; it's not like you have much else to do at the beginning anyway.
27 May 2015, 03:16 AM
Patrion 27

If you make it to California smoke some of our dank ass weed, drink some of our bitchin' beer and eat some of our godlike avocados. Also pretty girls.
27 May 2015, 03:57 AM

If you make it to California smoke some of our dank ass weed, drink some of our bitchin' beer and eat some of our godlike avocados. Also pretty girls.

Just gonna point out that weed is still illegal in California (exception for medicinal marijuana). Though if you go to Colorado, Washington State, Washington DC, and Oregon, you'll have no trouble finding that stuff as it will be recreationally available and legally too!
27 May 2015, 04:43 AM

Stop by at a shooting range and fire some weapons at some targets. Don't know if your allowed to own and use fire arms for recreational purposes from where you're from but I would take the chance to go shoot some stuff you normally don't come across while you're here.
27 May 2015, 05:39 AM

Texas is nice, Fort Worth stock yards, San Antonio has some good buildings left from the Spanish colonist(the Alamo being the most famous), Dallas has a nice new museum called The Perot Museum with interactive activities for all ages. If you make it down south to the coast, there is some really good aquatic centers and sea food in the Galveston and Corpus Christi areas.

If you came during the fall you would be able to go to the Texas State Fair, which is one of the biggest state fairs in the country.

Here is the official travel Texas website: https://www.traveltex.com/travel-guide?sctp=ppc&scvn=google&scsrc=google_search&sckw=texas%20tourism&gclid=CjwKEAjws5CrBRD8ze702_2dyjYSJAAAJK9yFeTZm7iO-zONA_Xjv-4iKH3QWvLpi_oZs2ZFouYSTBoCswzw_wcB

Sadly we won't visit Texas at fall at this time. We're there at June. One thing I've seen that looks awesome is the tubing at the river(s). :D

It sounds like you are looking to do mostly camping and traveling. Any of the many national parks (or as many as you can visit) will provide many excellent things to do.

DC and New York are both loaded with museums. You could probably spend months at both locations just visiting those. While in NY I would strongly recommend visiting the American Museum of Natural History. Of course there is the Met, which is probably also a top visit. I would also recommend visiting the USS Intrepid, which sits moored in the Hudson River. You are also going to pass through Philadelphia, our original capital and you will find plenty to do there as well, besides great food. Check out the waterfront as well as the historic district. If you want you can cross the Delaware River and see the USS New Jersey, which is now a museum.

If you have time, I would also recommend visiting Boston. Another great city, and a huge number of things to see and visit.

As you travel across the country, if you are in a car, make sure you stop in Denver, CO. This is a very nice city and is the "Gateway to the West" There is lots to do there. Keep in mind the distances you are traveling by car will take a long time.

By the time you get to the West Coast you may be exhausted but Seattle is an amazing place. The seafood is unbelievably good, shipped overnight from Alaska, and there are lots of cool things to see. If you are there make sure to visit the Boeing Museum, producer of the mighty B-17.

I'd like to visit Seattle, it all comes to what time we will arrive San Francisco. There are still few things to do when we arrive there but we will have our car until the day we'll leave. So there's some time to do some travelling most likely from San Francisco also.

Avocados at California, I'll be sure to remember that.

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 03:57 AMSierra

Just gonna point out that weed is still illegal in California (exception for medicinal marijuana). Though if you go to Colorado, Washington State, Washington DC, and Oregon, you'll have no trouble finding that stuff as it will be recreationally available and legally too!

We will definitely visit Colorado for.. mountains. Don't tell my boss.

Stop by at a shooting range and fire some weapons at some targets. Don't know if your allowed to own and use fire arms for recreational purposes from where you're from but I would take the chance to go shoot some stuff you normally don't come across while you're here.

Not sure if we already have some shooting range on our to-do list but we'll keep that mind. My colleague at work has told that when he has visited US for work consultants have paid all expenses to visit shooting range and he has loved it.
27 May 2015, 18:33 PM

lol Alex you live by me. Ya I def think you should visit DC, great bars!
27 May 2015, 18:41 PM

Interestingly enough, one of the top US things to do is... to take a road trip across the country.

America is largely defined by its westward expansion. The communities and cultures that developed along the road to the Pacific is quite fascinating. Truck stops and dive bars are excellent places to check out the American underbelly.

Portland, Oregon for the beer and the weirdos.

And homeless. Belligerent homeless.

And Washington State is where you want to go to get herbal remedies from a normal store front. Oregon requires you to be carded.
27 May 2015, 18:54 PM

Are you stopping by Chicago at all? It is a fantastic city to visit in the summer. There are many things to do. We have fantastic food, nightlife, shopping, museums, and parks.

Have you ever seen a baseball game? Wrigley Field is one of the best places on Earth to see one.

Just to name some things to do:

Navy Pier
Shedd Aquarium
Chicago Theatre
Willis Tower (Sears Tower, second tallest in US behind WTC in NY)
Chicago Symphony Orchestra
Architectural boat tours on Lake Michigan and the Chicago River
Art Institute of Chicago
Cloud Gate (the bean)
Millennium Park
Museum of Science and Industry
Food tours and beer tastings
Michigan Avenue for some of the best shopping in the US
Bike tours
Segway tours
The Field Museum
Lincoln Park Zoo
Second City (comedy club)
Buckingham Fountain

And so much more. If you do make it to Chicago, I'd be glad to show you some sights or just give suggestions! Cheers.
28 May 2015, 00:32 AM
Patrion 15

National parks. Don't leave the US without visiting a national park. The cities and history/culture aren't much compared to Europe (outside of our food scene, if you know where to go) but the national parks are the jewels of America.
28 May 2015, 00:46 AM

Permanently Banned
Yes Colorado nowadays is an essential stop on a US road trip. Like you said, for the mountains.
28 May 2015, 05:32 AM

Are you stopping by Chicago at all? It is a fantastic city to visit in the summer. There are many things to do. We have fantastic food, nightlife, shopping, museums, and parks.

Have you ever seen a baseball game? Wrigley Field is one of the best places on Earth to see one.

Just to name some things to do:

Navy Pier
Shedd Aquarium
Chicago Theatre
Willis Tower (Sears Tower, second tallest in US behind WTC in NY)
Chicago Symphony Orchestra
Architectural boat tours on Lake Michigan and the Chicago River
Art Institute of Chicago
Cloud Gate (the bean)
Millennium Park
Museum of Science and Industry
Food tours and beer tastings
Michigan Avenue for some of the best shopping in the US
Bike tours
Segway tours
The Field Museum
Lincoln Park Zoo
Second City (comedy club)
Buckingham Fountain

And so much more. If you do make it to Chicago, I'd be glad to show you some sights or just give suggestions! Cheers.

Wow those suggestions. Unfortunately since we take the southern route this time we don't have time to visit Chicago. I'd really like to visit Chicago so next time maybe..

I've never seen baseball match and I'd like to visit in some city on our way.

National parks. Don't leave the US without visiting a national park. The cities and history/culture aren't much compared to Europe (outside of our food scene, if you know where to go) but the national parks are the jewels of America.

I just checked our map and quickly by glancing found these national parks we have pinned:

- Zion National Park
- Death Valley
- Sequoia National Park
- Redwood National Park
- Crater lake

I'm sure there's more pinned and then also these cool places like Horseshoe Bend. Love those westerns! :D
28 May 2015, 06:17 AM

If you're checking out Sequoia National Park and Redwood National Park try to hit up Yosemite and Lake Tahoe. They are a bit out of the way but awesome places to visit as well. As another user stated the National Parks in the US are awesome. Just be mindful of the weather conditions and the wild life mainly the black bears, don't leave food in the car or in your tent or mess with a momma bear and cubs.
28 May 2015, 06:20 AM

Hell. Then I will call for these guys and ask assistance:

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight