Login

russian armor

How to make unloved units viable?

3 May 2015, 21:11 PM

Lets discuss about units, which you never see! How to make them viable? Here are some thoughts, share your opinions.

LEHF 105 mm Howitzer
- This thing is so inaccurate, and doesnt kill reliably.
- Add two shells to barrage, make shells able to suppress like Pack Howi and Infantry gun.
- Make it able to kill something :rofl:

ML20
- I think the killing power of this thing is in a good spot, but make it able to suppress infantry.

DDSHK
- I have not used it for a long time i really don´t know anything from this unit.

45mm AT-Gun
- New ability: HE Shells, which would be compareable to T70 main gun performance.
- Passive camo vet 1 (like raketen)
- Now able to retreat

SU76
- Maybe increase AOE, so this thing could kill infantry? Increase pen, increase health, reduce cost?

Sturmtiger
- This thing really demolishes everything, but really nobody uses it, because this unit is such a gamble.
- Maybe make main gun much less terrifying, normal 12 seconds reload (without crew exiting the vehicle)?

IR HT
- Maybe reduce fuel cost to 15?
- New ability, which gives line of sight with a munitions cost.

Stuart
- I haven´t bought this unit for a long time, i have no idea what needs to be done.

Panzerwerfer

- Increase long range accutary
- Make T4 much cheaper

Stug G

- Stug should be Wehrmacht tank destroyer. Now its just a mix of tank destroyer and a tank, and sucks in both roles.
- Increase pen, reduce AOE, maybe increase range

Partisans and irregurals

-Now camo in cover, can hold fire
-Anti-infantry partisans can now upgrade what weapon they want for free, no more lmg-smg-svt lottery.
-Increase their performance vs infantry, increase cost.

KV2
- Soviet teching costs and tank costs have been increased after the release of Windustry commander.
- Make manpower penalty smaller.
3 May 2015, 22:05 PM

1. Sure, since it is a big disgrace, which is a shame. Something to make it good in doing something...

2. If it turns out to not be OTT, then i guess it could make it a bit more popular.

3. DSHK once was OP on certain maps when it was 0 CP and much better, but now it is an overpriced HMG that does nothing better than cheaper HMG's, and its "AP rounds" are a JOKE.

4. I wouldnt know about camo or the ability to retreat (since it does provide cover for the crew, unlike the raketen... i think, as i have only seen it about a dozen times), but HE rounds would be great in making it useful beyond the time the first medium tank arrives.

5. Making it actually worth in a role would perhaps see it used. Just... something.

6. Making the Sturmtiger like that would make it an oversized Brummbar, which may be used more, but its vet abilities primarily revolve around its long reload... I wouldnt think Relic would throw away their reload animation, and it wouldnt feel like a Sturmtiger if its firepower was that much weaker... something else can be done to improve its abilities, but not remove its reload characteristic. Well, to start, MUCH less experience to vet would be nice.

7. The IR halftrack is the most subtle of all support units in its ability to aid in combat. The fuel cost is what makes the unit so undesirable, as all it does it sit around, which people would rather use fuel for something else. Remove that fuel cost, and it would be seen much more often...

8. Stuart needs 400 health. Its engine damaging ability needs to be removed, or only present on April Fool's day, and its stun shot needs to be a two click ability, in that you activate the ability and click on a target that it will shoot and only shoot, even on the move. That would make it much more worthy in use.

9. Panzerwerfer could be better, but T4 can be made viable in many other ways. Adjusting pacing for Allied units, callin or stock... Simply making T4 a lot cheaper makes me fear of T4 being so viable, that it would be possible to pull off ignoring T3 and being completely fine without it. Well, the last time that was possible, Panther costed 145 fuel and I believe Ost teching was a bit cheaper, but still - be wary.

10. Anything to make Stug G useful before blowing up as a waste of fuel.

11. Anything to make Partisans be viable, as i havent seen them or Irregulars for a long time... for good reason.

12. I dont think it would be too much to slightly reduce the mp penalty as all Soviet vehicles cost more in manpower than they did in the times of Soviet Windustry.
4 May 2015, 07:23 AM

I wrote my thoughts about the units in blue:

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2015, 21:11 PMl4hti
Lets discuss about units, which you never see! How to make them viable? Here are some thoughts, share your opinions.

LEHF 105 mm Howitzer

I think I am the only player at all but I love the LeHF. It's hard at the start but especially in counter barrage mode it is a beast. When using it I usually have 50-60 kills with it.

ML20
Adding suppression would IMO be a bit too strong. It is in a good state right now. Maybe take a bit scatter away but otherwise it is fine.

DDSHK
The Dushka is useful when playing T1 as soviet. I really hate playing against it as Germans because it does the most MG damage by far in the game.

45mm AT-Gun
This thing really is not good. It could act as a Soviet Raketenwerfer. Make it able to enter buildings and to retreat.

SU76
I really don't know what to do with this thing :/

Sturmtiger
I like it. You have to sneak the enemy blob by using hedges or other sight blockers. A good shot is devastating and can result in an instant gg. But it's really high risk high reward.

IR HT
I usually get it when playing very defensive. I would simply like my LeIGs to auto shoot detected infantry units.

Stuart
It needs to deal a reliable amout of damage. It used to be the crit machine but after this was removed, it really lakes any use.

Panzerwerfer
When playing 2v2 I love this one. Nobody expects it. I skip T3 and go heavy T2 to T4. You have to be close to the enemy and you will do a large amount of damage. And most of the time the enemy won't even retreat because they don't know what is happening or they think that an allied Katy is fireing.

Stug G
My mate is a beast with StuGs. He uses them as backline infantry support for P4/Ostwinds. It is a bit UP that's true but I don't get all the hate towards this unit.

Partisans and irregurals
I want the females back :snfPeter:

KV2
The main factor why nobody ever sees a KV-2 is because Soviet Industry is dead. Otherwise it's an interesting tank that can take a lot of damage but needs SU-85 support.
4 May 2015, 08:17 AM

I would use the Sturmtiger more if it was not bugged, the shells sometimes don't go where it is intended. If they fix that and work maybe on Veterancy (takes too long to gain any, bonus like the grenade ability are completely worthless) it will be fine as a niche unit.

Stug G should have more survivability and maybe more penetration. I agree it should be just turned into an AT vehicle. Work on the price if it gets too good.
5 May 2015, 08:08 AM

I think the SU-76 would be pretty good if it came out really early. Like, a 30-40 fuel upgrade at the special rifle command early. Behind a 120 fuel paywall that includes the SU-85 and Katyusha, the the thing is just pointless. The thing is that the Soviet tiers used to cost and the SU-76 itself used to cost less, so it used to be somewhat useful at least compared to now. Relic just seemed to forget all about its performance when they did that.

Because honestly, the barrage is pretty useful and its performance against light vehicles is pretty nice.
5 May 2015, 18:16 PM

The StuG should perform exactly like the Panzer IV without a turret, possibly with a smaller profile size. Otherwise same gun, same armour, same vision, etc.
5 May 2015, 18:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The StuG should perform exactly like the Panzer IV without a turret, possibly with a smaller profile size. Otherwise same gun, same armour, same vision, etc.

I'm pretty sure they're not going to make a unit that's exactly the same as another unit sans turret and pintle-MG upgrade. That's probably going to be considered insufficiently interesting.
5 May 2015, 19:14 PM

For the SU76 I would just make it significantly cheaper. I feel like this should be a spam unit, since it does everything but not very well. Just make up for it in numbers.

If they reduced the fuel cost to 50 and maybe the MP cost a bit, but left everything else the same I would try to use it.

You could have, like 5 of them out at any given time in that situation.
5 May 2015, 19:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

For the SU76 I would just make it significantly cheaper. I feel like this should be a spam unit, since it does everything but not very well. Just make up for it in numbers.

If they reduced the fuel cost to 50 and maybe the MP cost a bit, but left everything else the same I would try to use it.

You could have, like 5 of them out at any given time in that situation.

Eh, I'd say it'd have to have the pop go down by at least one too then. 'Cause I'd still take two 34-76s over three SU-76s (in pop) any day.
5 May 2015, 20:26 PM
Donator 11

Well if they're unloved I'd reccomend a candle lit dinner to set the mood.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★