Login

russian armor

Have dinner before you play... seriously

22 Apr 2015, 22:42 PM

Now jokes aside, I know the guy was more skilled than me, so I think that the game reviewed by someone might give me a tip on what I'm doing wrong. I really need some pointers to improve.

23 Apr 2015, 13:31 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I'll watch it this evening sorry about the delay
23 Apr 2015, 14:40 PM

No problem, as I said, the guy will get afk for some time, but until that point, I was greatly overran by him.
23 Apr 2015, 20:24 PM

"I had to eat dinner" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Few things. Your MG was doing nothing. Keeping it to cover VP when enemy was striking at fuel adn cut off was not good idea. You could do better with "mobile" MG near Grens or with covering cut off.

You charged with 222 straight at Cons knowing they might have at nade.... and they did. Wasted ammo, fuel and manpower.

No paks. Pak40 is essential for Ostheer, especially agasint T34 spam with Mark Target. Faust it and finish with 2 Paks or Pak and Puma. I guess you saw what your 1 pak did when you finally got it.

You had opportunity to put pressure on him (you were under the pressure most of the time) around 7' when you Grens did nothing at right VP for 2mins or something like that. You could move them to cap or at least decap fuel and force him to move there.

You have wasted Puma and Stug. They have higher range and you could easily faust those T34s and snipe them with Stug and Puma or at least kept them alive.

And that teller mine... I would not put it there cause it's not obvious way for enemy's vehicles. Rather somewhere around middle VP.

Few point from me. If Cookiez wants to add something... :)
23 Apr 2015, 23:09 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Before I begin i really appreciate how nice and respectful you are. I wish the community(myself included) had more people like you.
Early Game

Cap Order was okay

Build order,remember this:
Against conscript spam(no tech structure)
4x Grens 1x MG

Against T1
4x Grens tech to T2 ASAP 222 and 251

Against T2
3 grens 1 MG 1 Mortar upgrade flamethrowers>>>T2 Halftrack/Panzergrenadiers

Because you didnt go for enough grens early on your cutoff got taken,and the map turned into a rainbow. You're also floating a little(400mp)

You need to get as many squads on the field as possible as quickly as possible

Lost a gren squad to a double mine,always try to sweep soviet held territory before entering. Pioneers are meant for harassing,not grenadiers.
Mid Game

nice kill on the sniper

Command bunker was in ill advised postion.

You're letting your opponent get away with pressuring you with Partisans,partly because you're too spread out. Remember:Consolidate around your fuel,cutoff,and munitions and then branch out.

Red Represents the area you should focus around from the Top spawn

Yellow represents area you should focus around from bottom spawn

After you lost your STUG it became a slaughter,so no late game analysis. ;[

TLDR: Dont spread out too early against Partisan doctrine,Con spam,or USF,build the right units to start,and always minesweep soviet territory before launching assaults.

24 Apr 2015, 00:56 AM

Thanks for the feedback, I shall try to get accostumed to those build orders, and using 251 (been playing a lot using pop cars as soviet, so I think it might help me with 251).
I've been having a hard time using Paks, I'm trying hard to use them well, but I still haven't been succesful, hope if God wills it, It doesn't take long for me to learn it.
And again, thanks.
24 Apr 2015, 03:26 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Try putting the Pak or PAKS into control group 1, and then once a tank or vehicle shows up just press 1 and then Q(attack move grid keys) and your pak will move into postion and set up and fire all on its own
24 Apr 2015, 03:55 AM

I've done a match right now (going to sleep), tried to follow the advice of doing 4 grenadiers and 1 mg for conscript (even though he later uses guard), and in it I think I was doing very well but suddenly I really got nearly on losing.

I believe that my late game is really weak, for sometimes I take things for granted, or I really get desperated and don't know how to handle stronger things (especially considering I'm awful with paks).

But Thanks God for all those advices, I think I followed 4 gren + 1 mg (mg before) and improved early this game, but, on the other hand, as it was lacking in the other replay, the late game however was hard, and I believe the soviet player dropped too early.
24 Apr 2015, 05:42 AM

I've done a match right now (going to sleep), tried to follow the advice of doing 4 grenadiers and 1 mg for conscript (even though he later uses guard), and in it I think I was doing very well but suddenly I really got nearly on losing.

I believe that my late game is really weak, for sometimes I take things for granted, or I really get desperated and don't know how to handle stronger things (especially considering I'm awful with paks).

But Thanks God for all those advices, I think I followed 4 gren + 1 mg (mg before) and improved early this game, but, on the other hand, as it was lacking in the other replay, the late game however was hard, and I believe the soviet player dropped too early.

I'll take this one in the morning. :)
24 Apr 2015, 18:01 PM

I think I followed 4 gren + 1 mg (mg before) and improved early this game, but, on the other hand, as it was lacking in the other replay, the late game however was hard, and I believe the soviet player dropped too early.

You were doing well in the early game.

I really enjoyed your early game capping order. Hammering the north flank was certainly different and fresh and forced your opponent to make a decision on how to react to you. Great job taking the initiative AND keeping the pressure on. His response was, probably the highest equity play, punching through, but again, you did a superb job staying calm, minimizing the damage and containing the majority of his forces with minimal commitment and maximum flexibility of your own by utilizing that MG at distance and once your grenadiers had secured his cut off, surrounding them in force. Seriously, that enclosure on your ammo, both isolating his forces and threating his cut off was simply marvelous, bravo.

It did; however, tax your attention and delayed your tech and, excuse the presumption but I felt, you were perhaps a bit too eager to follow a sort of… “optimal” play, or something as you kind of bottlenecked yourself with the bunker, reinforcement and teching after that engagement. Your economy just can’t handle that sort of stress in a small space of time, and that in turn hurt your map presence as your army was idle trying to recover it’s cohesion after taking some losses after the encirclement. This in turn allowed your opponent back into the game, letting him catch his breath and take back his cut off. Don’t be afraid to delay things a little, obviously don’t forget them, but you really have to be flexible and make decisions based on what’s going on in game.

This is very prevalent in your next and in my opinion fatal decision, please don’t consider it a slight, after all I have the benefit of hindsight. Allow me to explain. The Pak gun is a very expensive and wrong decision at this point. He has built two early caches; presumably for sustainable late game fuel income. You have two options, the early Pak, or you can win in the next 10 minutes by continuing your aggression and punishing his lack of units, tearing his investment to shreds. The only thing you see at this point indicating any tech at all are his medics and a mortar. You are ahead. You don’t have to worry about armour yet. A 250/7 would have been a great choice to allow you to siege his base, a 222, maybe even a sniper, or even perhaps the best decision, a 251 would have allowed you to take basically the map and allow your already superior in tech and size army to stay on the field, choke him out and not give him a way back into this game. The Pak gun(s) were a 640mp investment that didn’t bear you ANY dividends for 12 minutes ie, when the 34/85’s rolled up. That can be a whole game. Effectively 15 minutes of income equity that’s not doing anything for you, and if anything hampering you. That’s 3 squads. 2 snipers etc. You can do a lot with that income. This is why frankly, I think where you lost this game, and yes despite the drop, I’m considering it a loss. So strategically, don’t be afraid to drive the nail in his coffin, finish it early. If you have the initiative, by all means utilize it.

Along the same lines, I’d like to see mines at this point at a more strategic location than your own VP. Good use of them, for sure, but again, they didn’t go off until what… 21 minutes? That’s a lot of time for your investment to not be doing anything for you in the immediate term. Next time, really take a critical look at the tactics employed against you when you decide to dig in, force him to uproot you if he wants his resource income.

Anyways. Once the guards hit the field, you’re forcing your early game units to do too much, and essentially you gave him 18 or so minutes to recover. Your late game struggles are based on these early game transition mistakes. The panther as well as a supporting puma doesn’t provide you any value against his primarily infantry army composition which is gradually getting stronger, and starting to run ruck shot over your army which I think is exposing a pretty drastic tactical flaw, evident in the way you utilize your MG. As time went by you stopped using it as support for your grenadiers and strictly as bunker, without the bunker. This is emblematic of how you utilize your infantry during the mid-game. The MG has value throughout the game, but it requires micro. I wonder if you were starting to get exhausted just before losing your Panther, as well as you mentioning playing before bed.

Treat your Grenadiers with care. Bosstruppen are no replacement for these battle hardened veterans with a munitions investment. Grenadiers and support teams have got you this far, they don’t suddenly get outclassed once the cons and guards get vet. There’s no need to start playing any differently with them and especially your support weapons, which should be used to multiply your grens, turning them into untouchable monsters. You went away from that, instead forcing low% rifle nades, multiple inequitable engagements, 1onX etc. Tactically you started to fall apart, and got away from the principles which gave you tremendous success earlier.

So, strategically, I think you were too busy focusing on some romantic notion of a late game. By playing for every outcome and preparing for the worst you didn’t take the opportunity to win. Tactically don’t be afraid of what worked for you. Sound play works at every stage of the game. Don’t be so afraid to win and always try to squeeze every last minute of an advantage you build before transitioning. Don’t give your opponent a chance, don’t let him use his units. I would be hunting that Katushya neigh on immediately especially when, with the resources and units you had, a Puma, even if it dies is still netting you a small profit, and is effectively doing a lot more damage to your opponent considering his position.

In closing, I hope I haven’t come across as too harsh, I empathize with you, it just always disappoints me when I see games deteriorate and losses which could have been avoided, ‘cos it’s happened to me countless times before and is absolutely heartbreaking haha.
25 Apr 2015, 14:54 PM

I'm grateful to God for having such a good community and nice players that take some of their time to help :D

I think it was very objective your review Turbo, thanks God for those reviews, as I'm applying the pointers inside I see a better play level and then a more enjoyable game, even though it's quite hard sometimes.

I have a hard time using halftracks and tanks in general, I tend to lose them easily and fazt (see that panther and puma in the replay for ex.), if God's willing, this will also see, in a short span of time, a lot of improvement.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 0
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment