Login

russian armor

Blob nerf aura

17 Apr 2015, 20:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2015, 14:58 PMassbag
I don't think it would be a good idea. Blobbing is necessary some times. OKW and OST need to blob to clear buildings in early game. And how would you deal with elite inf? If there is 2 obers camping your cutoff you need so send 4 rifles to push them back.

Well... maybe try different ways then, for example supression, smoke or, god damn it, get a dedicated counter vs elite inf (Obers, shocks, etc. have NO way to fight vehicles after all). If counters are too weak or don't exist (like you said OKW vs garissoned troops), the counters need to be fixed and not answered by blobbing.

Your mindset pretty much emphasizes that blobbing is a core issue within CoH2. There should be no "need" to blob at all. As tactical measure to overwhelm a lesss defended flank for example, granted. But in the current state of the game it's the main battle formation, simply because it has no real drawback. Why even care about combind arms and tactical use of the enviroment when my blob is super though and can easily handle every situation, right?

Barton's suggestion, basically what relic did against the Pio spam in vCoH, would mean a much needed drawback for this kind gameplay.

I mean, does anyone here enjoy playing with or against blobs? For me it's completely unsatisfying and boring as hell either way.

Regards
ace
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight