Login

russian armor

Panzergrenadiers underperforming (with video proof)

10 Apr 2015, 01:31 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2015, 23:57 PMZyllen

Eh what situation are you referring to mate? here is the deal why should i use expensive pg's when i get more flexibility and firepower with the flmethrower pio's? in fact some higher level players you see players going straight for the double flame pio's and rarely bother with pg's.

The one shown in Australianmagic video.
PG are not meant to be get 100% of the time nor are non brainers as getting LMG grens. I feel like it's harder to justify more than one of them on 1v1 but the thing is that you don't always have enough munitions to get LMG + flamer + medics + tellers around, so PG is a MP option to have appreciable DPS.
10 Apr 2015, 02:48 AM

Wow does anyone get this was a troll thread?
10 Apr 2015, 07:46 AM

Flamethrower definetely doesn't have more DPS or performance unless you consistently roll crits than the Panzergrenadier squad.
10 Apr 2015, 10:05 AM

Flamethrower definetely doesn't have more DPS or performance unless you consistently roll crits than the Panzergrenadier squad.

Sry mate that is simply not true unless the pg's can fire at a squad that is in the open and at point blank range. units that are in cover or in garrison will receive far more damage. units that have armour or defensive bonuses receive far more damage from a flame-thrower. They drastically outperform PG's at midrange against units that are in cover. they can take squad losses without loss of performance . The only weakness they have is that the flame-thrower can burst.
10 Apr 2015, 10:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2015, 10:05 AMZyllen

Sry mate that is simply not true unless the pg's can fire at a squad that is in the open and at point blank range. units that are in cover or in garrison will receive far more damage. units that have armour or defensive bonuses receive far more damage from a flame-thrower. They drastically outperform PG's at midrange against units that are in cover. they can take squad losses without loss of performance . The only weakness they have is that the flame-thrower can burst.

The fact that you seem to insist that Panzergrenadiers are at their best at point blank range makes it sound like you haven't really played with them enough. I thought similarly to you until I started using them more often. Put them behind cover, advance when you won't take damage or at least a significant amount of damage. You'll be surprised how good they are when they aren't losing members trying to get into position.
10 Apr 2015, 11:01 AM

He is right about flamethrower damage against housed units or units in cover though.

People still believe that they have to use Panzergrenadiere like they were back before WFA. There they were your charging cavalry, there to save the day against the soviet horde.

Well no longer.

They actually have to be used as FaustCostBulletin explains. Keep them in cover and in mid-range, use them as a flanking unit and whether or not to upgrade them with Panzerschrecks to turn them into a still viable tank-terror is something that is determined by the flow of battle.

If you stick to that you will get a good unit for your MP.

That said I usually get them if I can keep my losses low to have extra MP and especially in urban maps.
10 Apr 2015, 11:51 AM

He is right about flamethrower damage against housed units or units in cover though.

Are you sure? This was the case in vCOH (which flamers inflicted more damage to units in cover), but I think in COH2 flame weapons simply ignore cover.
10 Apr 2015, 11:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2015, 11:51 AMRMMLz

Are you sure? This was the case in vCOH (which flamers inflicted more damage to units in cover), but I think in COH2 flame weapons simply ignore cover.

You are both partially correct. Here flamethrowers simply ignore cover, but against builidngs they have a 1.6x damage multiplier
10 Apr 2015, 12:03 PM

You are both partially correct. Here flamethrowers simply ignore cover, but against builidngs they have a 1.6x damage multiplier

Thanks for the clarification.
10 Apr 2015, 12:10 PM
Donator 33

Flamers also perform better vs soldiers that are close together since the 1 flame burst will affect them all
10 Apr 2015, 13:19 PM

The fact that you seem to insist that Panzergrenadiers are at their best at point blank range makes it sound like you haven't really played with them enough. I thought similarly to you until I started using them more often. Put them behind cover, advance when you won't take damage or at least a significant amount of damage. You'll be surprised how good they are when they aren't losing members trying to get into position.

Dont ever put words in my mouth otherwise im just going to ignore you from now on. i said pg's will do more damage to units out of cover in point blank range then flamethrowers. This is not incorrect. But PG's lose half their damage to units that are even in yellow cover flamethrowers do not. thats why sticking flame pio in cover and use it midrange is superior to pg's. anything above flamethrower range is fair game for the grenadiers.

Thats why pg's are simply not worth it. they really need a mp decrease to 300-280 to justify their cost.
10 Apr 2015, 13:42 PM
Donator 11

I feel the problem of pgrens is that ppl don't know what is mid range. If anybody is wondering: it's half of squads sight range (namely 16), so it pretty far away!

As for other tips:
1. They cannot be your main infantry as they are not suited to take damage. Use grens, pios and ostruppen for that purpose.
2. Don't build pgrens unless you have med bunker, they are very expensive to reinforce. If the squad is wounded (like about half the health) even if it lost no models or only one model pull it back and heal.
3. Two man pgren squad is as worthless vs infantry as 4 man upgraded squad(they have half the dps). It's a good moment to retreat, loosing whole squad is very costly, even loosing that 3rd model is too costly too keep that half of the squad on the field. If they are upgraded you can keep them on the field for a while but only if they are facing enemy TDs.
4. While engagements always stay in cover. If you are defending, green cover. You can change position only if there is no enemy around, they are all supressed or your cover is destroyed/naded.
That makes them most usefull in defence to cover mgs (and after upgrade cover AT guns) but they can also attack, just from one shotblocker to another.
5. Use mid range for your engagements, they overdps every other squad on that range.
11 Apr 2015, 09:53 AM

Thank you for that information.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS