Login

russian armor

USF 2v2 Strat [No Inf Doc]

7 Apr 2015, 00:19 AM

Permanently Banned
Hey guys,

I wanted to ask what kind of 2v2 strat with a soviet teammate you can recommend for a player who doesent want to go infantry doctrine:

My problem with every commander besides Infantry Doc is Riflemen lategame-scaling.
How do I transition efficiently into lategame while preventing rifles from becoming a mp bleed?

Bars only seem to be an option on maps with mid-close distance fighting is that correct? Without any upgrade rifles tend to do poorly vs lmg42 grens or okw infantry though.

What about paras? Is there a viable 2v2 strat that gets as few rifles as possible and focuses on paras instead?

7 Apr 2015, 03:30 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2015, 00:19 AMI<444>3CoH
Hey guys,

I wanted to ask what kind of 2v2 strat with a soviet teammate you can recommend for a player who doesent want to go infantry doctrine:

My problem with every commander besides Infantry Doc is Riflemen lategame-scaling.
How do I transition efficiently into lategame while preventing rifles from becoming a mp bleed?

Bars only seem to be an option on maps with mid-close distance fighting is that correct? Without any upgrade rifles tend to do poorly vs lmg42 grens or okw infantry though.

What about paras? Is there a viable 2v2 strat that gets as few rifles as possible and focuses on paras instead?

Why u hate infantry? Its the only doctrine that allows rifles to scale to the same level as Paras.
Otherwise you're not gonna get your rifles to scale any better or similar to infantry company im afraid.

Anyway,
3 Rear echelons,clever Fighting positions to hold ground,2 rifles,LT,Para,Para,Major,Sherman. Plays very good around Soviet Tier 2.

7 Apr 2015, 13:57 PM

Permanently Banned

Why u hate infantry? Its the only doctrine that allows rifles to scale to the same level as Paras.
Otherwise you're not gonna get your rifles to scale any better or similar to infantry company im afraid.

I dont hate it but I'd like to try something different but just as effective

Anyway,
3 Rear echelons,clever Fighting positions to hold ground,2 rifles,LT,Para,Para,Major,Sherman. Plays very good around Soviet Tier 2.

I just fear that I wont gain CP quickly enough and lose too much early game momentum. Isnt it possible to incorporate Pathfinders into this somehow? What is the rogh early game gameplay with those 3 REs?
7 Apr 2015, 14:06 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

My 2v2 build when going airborne is
rifle
rifle
fighting pit
(cache)
lieutenant
m20 or against double ost : aaht
para
para
major

This build relies on aggression and getting to 3cps asap, the fighting pit allows you to hold ground without investing in a 3rd rifle. Tech to lieutenat asap to get your pseudo rifle and build your light vehicle to keep up the pressure.
As long as you have good mapcontrol its beneficial to actually float with this before you hit 3cps so you can get he paras. But sometimes when the enemy gets a lot of volks I get a 50cal or against support weapons a pathfinder

Alternetavly against double OKW with lots of volks double pathfinders with 2 bars each are very nice. They gain vet fast allowing them to spot very far and more wepaonr ange. I combine this then with the AAHT to use the maxrange. Pathfinders have less power than paratroopers but they also bleed siginiciantly less if you always keep fighting at range and have the micro to dodge the riflegrenades
7 Apr 2015, 15:35 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2015, 13:57 PMI<444>3CoH

I dont hate it but I'd like to try something different but just as effective

I just fear that I wont gain CP quickly enough and lose too much early game momentum. Isnt it possible to incorporate Pathfinders into this somehow? What is the rogh early game gameplay with those 3 REs?

You got to run around like a headless chicken avoiding direct combat and trying to cutoff and neutralize territory, and place positions when you can. You asked for something different, that allows you to actually scale to late game around a soviet teammate,so you would just play a supporting role with your REs.

If you want you can do 3 RE,2 Rifle, add a Pathfinder,LT,m20,paras,major Sherman

If anything you'l gain CP faster building fighting pits and RE's dying, there's also a TON of infantry on the field so, unless it's "meat grinder" of a map you should be able to have more tempo and perform more harassment than any other build order,especially with a soviet teammate.

and since they don't cost too much to maintain you can still afford paras. Just try not to get the RE's squad wiped.

Again this isn't the best or easiest thing to do but you asked for something different.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★