Login

russian armor

Against soviet cheese

5 Apr 2015, 18:02 PM

Hi to Okw comunity can somebody review this game and tell me what would you do in situation like this

6 Apr 2015, 10:43 AM

You should learn how to set up Flak on the move, but apart from this, very good usage of it.

I have not faced PTRS blob yet so it's hard for me to say anything but I would use Kubel vet ability to see where the blob is heading and set up Flak behind the corner.

Also I would avoid any situation like 6 Cons vs 1 SP and 2 Volks. You have lost to many models because of such engagements.

Yet when you faced PTRS blob with your blob it was kinda equal, it's just reinforcing truck behind them.

Like I said, I have not faced PTRS blob yet but I would put everyting on one card and try to outblob them with everything I can get.
6 Apr 2015, 11:25 AM

I watched the replay and I think you did a good job until the 19 minute mark, where you lost 2 inf squads + Flak Halftrack.

What a shameless soviet player... Boring to watch and to play imo.

Such heavy conscripts investment need good anti inf units with long range, to outrange the ptrs. That is the flak halftrack. A luchs would also be ok, but it doesnt have the range, so your strategy was good against that I'd say. A stuka may have helped against the blob, because you were t3 anyway. Or maybe even go for 2 halftracks? you just need to be careful of the inevitable t34 at the 13 minute mark. Obers are still good and the map favours long ranged inf. So maybe t2, flak halftrack, t4, obers is worth a try.

I do not play OKW, nor do I play soviets ptrs spam, because of the blobbiness. So I've never tried one of the things I suggested

7 Apr 2015, 17:33 PM

You did actually pretty well and I'm sure you would've won this but around the 18-19 minute mark you did micro mistakes that costed you the game. You started to be less attentive to single squads which resulted in wipes, also you blocked your flak ht with your Kübel which was the reason for losing.

Other than that your strategy was the right one. Luchs won't help against a KT and Obers bleed too much against a PTRS cons spammer. So surviving until the KT arrives is the right thing to do because then PTRS cons won't see any light.

Also, next time build your T3 after your 3rd volks squad, only then you have the fuel to get vehicles out of it.
8 Apr 2015, 19:13 PM

There's an ongoing discussion:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/33110/how-do-you-beat-tankhunter-tactics-as-okw

you may wanna czech out.

I think the crucial part of this strategy is the SOV HT, if you can find a way to take that thing out, the cons lose their edge, and give you time to catch your breath and cap.
8 Apr 2015, 22:47 PM

Thank you for all your input,I beat two tank hunter spammer in my last 2 match
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 14
unknown 4
United States 15
unknown 3
United States 1
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #