Login

russian armor

Intentional lagging players??

• This thread is locked
4 Apr 2015, 22:24 PM

Hello,

I´ve just met a guy again I played against some weeks ago, it was a ranked match and started realy good for me. Killed one of his stormpioneersquads, almost killed his mgcrew then it started to lag realy bad. It lagged so much that the game showed the message about connection lost multiple times, followed by this rubberbanding effect.

Well, normaly i wouldn´t care and just play on, as this can happen, no big deal. During the following minutes it happened exactly always when he was attacking my troops. This made it smell very fishy and reminded of what was known as drophacking in coh1. Although it was not drophacking, because the game went on.

I remember when I played against this guy the first time it went exactly the same way. Thats why i left this game very soon.

Normaly the game runs without this kind of problems for me, except some players I play against...
So, my question is: Are there players intentionaly exploiting some kind of networkerror? or did you come across something similar?

I could tell you the name of the player but I wont because I am not exactly sure if this lagging was realy intentional or just something random... but it sure has that fishy smell..
4 Apr 2015, 22:28 PM

Waiting for Inverse to clear things up.
4 Apr 2015, 22:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2015, 22:28 PMRMMLz
Waiting for Inverse to clear things up.

Did I touch a taboo ?

Realy it´s happening only when I play against specific players... So enlighten me if I missed something. :help:
4 Apr 2015, 22:57 PM

Oh no, it's that cheating in CoH2 is not very common, although many people accuse each other of cheating.

As far as I remember, the only possible hack is Maphacking. Things like lagging other players, resource hack, drop hack etc etc. are caused by other factors like bad connection and server issues. If you dig in the forums you can find a lot of in-detail explanations by Inverse. He has deep knowledge about coding and network and hacks and stuff.

For example:
Maphacks : http://www.coh2.org/topic/31451/map-hacking/post/292915
Drophacks: http://www.coh2.org/topic/29257/dropcrash-hack/post/266243

Edit: contact Relic enforcement, if you start accusing people here, the mods are gonna over nerf you.
5 Apr 2015, 06:51 AM
Patrion 28

you're not allowed to talk about cheating here because the mods don't want to deal with it. relic doesn't seem to do anything about it either so i think you're just SoL
5 Apr 2015, 08:01 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

COH2.ORG decided upon launch that we will not take on any anti-cheating responsibilities. Those should be directed to Relic. Relic wants it that way too.
5 Apr 2015, 11:40 AM

COH2.ORG decided upon launch that we will not take on any anti-cheating responsibilities. Those should be directed to Relic. Relic wants it that way too.

Then please close this thread.

It was just looking like it was intentional, of course this could have been just some kind of coincidence.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 69
South Africa 4
Mexico 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak