Login

russian armor

PTRS now OP?

PAGES (37)down
3 Apr 2015, 09:50 AM
Donator 11

PTRS shouldnt be an AI upgrade in the slightest. Make it scale the same as normal rifles against infantry. An anti tank weapon has its utility against tanks and light vehicles. Not Infantry.

Anti tank rifles are AI weapon as its function to kill infantry behind an armor/wall/tree.
3 Apr 2015, 09:53 AM
Donator 11

I would like to get some light about bullshit some people writing here about cons PTRS one shot HMG/AT gun.

Thats just pure nonsense as I have played Tank Hunter and uploaded a replay.

As you can see in this HARD EVIDENCE no HMG, no PAK, no bunker got destroyed in the game by PTRS fire WHATSOEVER.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/32964/cons-ptrs-are-not-op/post/310699
3 Apr 2015, 09:55 AM
Donator 11

And I was using 7 con squads, all of them upgraded with PTRS firing
3 Apr 2015, 09:58 AM

#WhatIsEdit
3 Apr 2015, 10:34 AM

It has become op for sure! How can people deny this? The PTRS did not need an accuracy buff. It did need a slight damage buff. Now it snipes inf too often and what is more concerning; it has become so accurate it often destroys support weapons causing the whole team to die instantly. Since this patch I have seen this happen many times.

Yes PTRS needed a buff since the beginning, but not like this.
3 Apr 2015, 10:47 AM

And high cost should prevent such huge blobs. But if not, then only nerf. Yet it must come with separeted files for guards and cons ptrs since guards are useful, not op.

You don't balance these kind of things with price only you know. Obers were 400MP and OP, KT is around 400 fuel, and was OP etc. etc. So over priced but over performing units ruin the game. The thing that they can destroy team weapons is the major problem. Remember how people used to cry about Obers sniping MGs? Well this is now happening except they don't decrew the weapon, they fucking destroy it. 2PTRS guns even for 120muni will still dominate the game. PTRS needs increased penetration and RoF, or HUGE accuracy nerf versus team weapons.
3 Apr 2015, 10:48 AM

They definietly rape team weapons...what a joke
3 Apr 2015, 10:48 AM

I dont see how cons PTRS are OP, uploaded a replay, cant see any OP at all, no HMG got destroyed by PTRS, no AT gun either.

Thou OST got some nice buff in the patch.

you see BlackKorp replay OKW HMG34 Breakdown by 5 suppress cons /W PTRS-41
Neo
3 Apr 2015, 11:40 AM

I repeatedly asked Cynthia this very simple question on the stream last night:

"@RelicEntertainment: Is the PTRS rifle working as intended after patch?"

While answering almost every other question, she repeatedly ignored this without even saying something like "yes" or "no" or "we are looking into this".

Personally, I do not think this situation is game breaking but it is really important to have some kind of official Relic communication. I look forward to the day when that happens.
3 Apr 2015, 11:44 AM

They are busy on something else. Not hard to understand eh?

This is why they have a public beta sadly it does not get used. - As in Relic does not give us shit to test on it, with the exception of the October patch.
3 Apr 2015, 11:53 AM

There is no denying PTRS before patch were pretty weak and they had to be look at.
I reserve my right to express if the're OP or not as I need to play more games.
3 Apr 2015, 12:12 PM

So or so, it's turns into a blob vs blob fight (gj relic with that)

That sums up March patch, now everyone can blobTM.. probably to meet the new brits faction meta.
3 Apr 2015, 12:20 PM

Quoted from the official forums

Cynthia_RE

From the design team:

The PTRS Rifle had extremely poor accuracy. This is not a problem vs Vehicles because Vehicles have a huge size multiplier and is hard to miss but it was a poor option vs Infantry. To remedy that, we brought up the accuracy of the PTRS Rifle so it can still be a competitive option vs Infantry and have the capability to counter light armored vehicles.

This also effects the PTRS that irregulars, partisans, and conscripts can get.

Hope this clears some things up

Working as intended.
3 Apr 2015, 12:22 PM

There is no denying PTRS before patch were pretty weak and they had to be look at.
I reserve my right to express if the're OP or not as I need to play more games.

Im just continuesly playing against guards and cons with PTRS, and it starts to get frustrating for me. Guards do so much demage to infantry they get vet 3 in just some minutes and killing (sniping) inf as hell.

Green cover with guards is such a hard thing, because they snipe you at all ranges and you just can do nothing, even with strog elite infantry like fallschirms you can not approach (before you near the squad is sniped and needs to retreat).
3 Apr 2015, 12:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 12:20 PMBurts

Quoted from the official forums

Cynthia_RE

From the design team:

The PTRS Rifle had extremely poor accuracy. This is not a problem vs Vehicles because Vehicles have a huge size multiplier and is hard to miss but it was a poor option vs Infantry. To remedy that, we brought up the accuracy of the PTRS Rifle so it can still be a competitive option vs Infantry and have the capability to counter light armored vehicles.

This also effects the PTRS that irregulars, partisans, and conscripts can get.

Hope this clears some things up

Working as intended.

good one :lolol:
3 Apr 2015, 12:28 PM

It's pretty darn obvious that Relic was intending to make the PTRS hit infantry.

It already almost never missed tanks, and is literally the worst anti-tank weapon in the game.
The justification for it being buffed was that Guards Rifle were being found to be absurdly underpowered and under-preforming.

If they wanted to make it a better AT weapon, they'd have to up the RoF and Pen to make it worth a damn.

If they want to make it a better AI weapon, they need to buff the accuracy considerably so that it can hit infantry, who have a model size orders of magnitude smaller than tanks.

Of course, the consequcne of allowing AT rifles to hit infantry is that all the shots which scatter against infantry models, hit the cover those infantry are hiding behind. This allows PTRS to blow away destructible cover for infantry, meaning they are now a viable AI weapon both for damage and support, and guard riflemen are finally actually worth the price tag (button is still worthless)

Of course, weapon teams have their weapons as cover. Funnily enough, an AT rifle can, in fact, blow apart a PaK gun or a tripod mounted MG42. The same way tank shells can, just considerably slower.

So absolutely working as it should. The only consideration may to adjust the HP/damage output of the PTRS a tweak if it's found the weapon teams are dying too fast.

7 con squads means 21 PTRS shots (If not 42) which, frankly, should be ample.

Blobs doing the usual blob stuff and not being counterable by a single 240mp unit that axis players seem to think should auto win infantry fights for them, same old.
3 Apr 2015, 12:30 PM

good one :lolol:

Translation

The Tank Hunter tactic commander had a very low purchased number,In order to attract players buying it we decided to turn PTRS into anti-everything, assuming profit of this particular DLC will increased by 1000%.

Working as intended TM.
3 Apr 2015, 12:32 PM

Translation

The Tank Hunter tactic commander had a very low purchased number,In order to attract players buying it we decided to turn PTRS into anti-everything, assuming profit of this particular DLC will increased by 1000%.

Working as intended TM.

Not really.

They buffed guards and guards work more or less fine.

As usual, Relic brand oversight that conscripts get three PTRS and do not have their own version, so they got the buffs too.

All they need to do is add in a conscript_mp_PTRS or whatever that has a lower accuracy. Still hits tanks fine, hits infantry less. Expect in next balance patch.

Partisans get to keep the guard version because they're utterly terrible anyway
3 Apr 2015, 12:37 PM

Not really.

They buffed guards and guards work more or less fine.

As usual, Relic brand oversight that conscripts get three PTRS and do not have their own version, so they got the buffs too.

All they need to do is add in a conscript_mp_PTRS or whatever that has a lower accuracy. Still hits tanks fine, hits infantry less. Expect in next balance patch.

Partisans get to keep the guard version because they're utterly terrible anyway

Agreed,

Guards should use PTRS like sniper, they are an elite infantry unit that soviets lack. The main issue is conscript blobs, which are cheap and a-move over infantry with support and light vehicles.

However guards could be blobbed, more expensive yes, but theoretically so. The overarching issue is that blobs need a con, maybe they get hit more, take increase flame dmg etc. This would solve problems of OKW blobs, USF blobs, Sov blobs and to a lesser extent OH blobs.
3 Apr 2015, 12:45 PM

^ Guards can merged without negative effect, dude.
PAGES (37)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS